Last game completed?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

yogster
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by yogster » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:16 pm

Bioshock on 360

User avatar
Nightbreed
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:05 am
Location: Irlam, Manchester

Post by Nightbreed » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Last game I finished was Doom 3 on Xbox. The end of game Boss was surprisingly easy to beat.
Bring back Thingy and Rockford!!! Zzap 64 liberation front!!! :):):)

User avatar
Machine+Soul
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Machine+Soul » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:17 am

Dawn of war soulstorm, well completed it with the two new races and before them did Command & Conquer renegade. Bought the Command & Conquer first decade boxset and Renegade and the original Tiberium Dawn mission packs were all i never had.

User avatar
JackPainter
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Staines, UK

Post by JackPainter » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:59 am

Just finished Urban Chaos: Riot Response for the PS2.

Fun game! PS2/PS3 owners should check it out, its only a few quid on eBay.
XBOX LIVE: JackFrustration
PSN Account: JackSawyer

Image

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11123
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:13 am

I managed to clear 3 of the games I've been spending a lot of time on over the weekend:

Perfect Dark - Completed it on Agent setting and gave up on the final level of Secret Agent, its just to damn annoying for me to bother with anymore. I found it a fun game to go through, but just not as amazing as other people praise it for being. Kinda glad to be done with it to be honest.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (The arcade game) - Been playing this on my Playchoice cab and loving every minute of it, especially the Nes specific bosses and levels. Actually found it to be quite easy once I got the hand of it, getting to Krang without continueing! Krang on the other hand was an absolute pain to beat, and Shredder was a complete push over.

Assassins Creed - Finally finished it, apart from the "abrupt" ending it had a rather cool conclusion. Apart from being repetitive in the tasks you have to do, I really enjoyed the game. Assassinations were excellently executed and are the standout moments of the game, and the duel storyline got better as the game went on. I'm definetly on the side that loved the game, hope they do a sequel to.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
C=Style
Posts: 9053
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 4:07 pm
Contact:

Post by C=Style » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:22 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Perfect Dark - Completed it on Agent setting and gave up on the final level of Secret Agent, its just to damn annoying for me to bother with anymore. I found it a fun game to go through, but just not as amazing as other people praise it for being. Kinda glad to be done with it to be honest.
That'll mean we never get round to co-op'ing now :x Not to worry, I got really frustrated with it on Secret Agent setting too, the aiming is a bit of a shambles when you're under pressure. there's just too many GREAT FPS on 360 to be spending too much time on it. So I have to agree I've come away from PDZ being quite disappointed on the higher difficulty settings.
Image

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11123
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:38 am

C=Style wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
Perfect Dark - Completed it on Agent setting and gave up on the final level of Secret Agent, its just to damn annoying for me to bother with anymore. I found it a fun game to go through, but just not as amazing as other people praise it for being. Kinda glad to be done with it to be honest.
That'll mean we never get round to co-op'ing now :x Not to worry, I got really frustrated with it on Secret Agent setting too, the aiming is a bit of a shambles when you're under pressure. there's just too many GREAT FPS on 360 to be spending too much time on it. So I have to agree I've come away from PDZ being quite disappointed on the higher difficulty settings.
Eh, I still like to play it, I found Zero is much much easier and I'd still play Co-op with you. 2 people is always better than 1, I wish I had another person for PD then I bet I'd clear the last level with minimal problems.
True about the aiming though (on Zero), and also what with games like Vegas, COD4 and the Orange Box PDZ is kinda lost in the sea of better games!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Randall Flagg
Posts: 1898
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:21 am
Location: The Underwurlde
Contact:

Post by Randall Flagg » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:03 am

F.E.A.R Files (F.E.A.R stand alone expansion). Took about 2 weeks to do so was a bit dissapointingly short but great fun, scared the crap out of me in places.... and now still playing it on instant action / multi player mode.

Well worth 14.99 from local buy/sell/trade shop in portsmouth (Ross Records...anyone else use it?).

Can anyone recommend a game for X360 similar to F.E.A.R to tide me over til FEAR2 arrives plse!!
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11123
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:11 am

Randall Flagg wrote:F.E.A.R Files (F.E.A.R stand alone expansion). Took about 2 weeks to do so was a bit dissapointingly short but great fun, scared the crap out of me in places.... and now still playing it on instant action / multi player mode.

Well worth 14.99 from local buy/sell/trade shop in portsmouth (Ross Records...anyone else use it?).

Can anyone recommend a game for X360 similar to F.E.A.R to tide me over til FEAR2 arrives plse!!
Glad you loved F.E.A.R. One of my favs to, still need to get the expansion pack though.

The other game(s) I would recommend (aren't the same but similar) would be:
Condemned 1 + 2 - First person perspective (though guns are few and far between most of the time). Its very, very dark and very scary in places (enemies are insane, they run off and hide for the right moment to surprise you!). Worth a look, the first one is cheap and very good to boot.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
McBoosh
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:49 pm
Location: Somerset

Post by McBoosh » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:37 pm

Afterburner 3 on Mega CD. The shame of it all. Took around 10 minutes. And to think I spent £5 for it on Ebay... :cry:

User avatar
C=Style
Posts: 9053
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 4:07 pm
Contact:

Post by C=Style » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:55 pm

Geometry Wars!! :P

Sorry to bring this up again lol but Crunchy that's a game that NEVER finishes with no defined ending or anything.
Image

User avatar
woody.cool
Posts: 8809
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:29 am
Location: Northampton, UK
Contact:

Post by woody.cool » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:19 pm

Rez on PS2

One of my favourites !!!

User avatar
bonerlaw
Posts: 3043
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by bonerlaw » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:42 pm

Just finished Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3, and I dont think the bloody ending was worth all that really, really hard work!
Image

User avatar
The Last Ginja
Posts: 2005
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:29 pm
Location: Currently Adventuring in Norwich

Post by The Last Ginja » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:59 am

Bully on the 360, now to 100% it.

I've got a few classes to go (GRRRR MUSIC!!! :twisted: ) a few items of clothes to get and about 8 Gnomes which will probably be easier once I pass Geography 4.

Great bloody game!!

User avatar
Spooky
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:40 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Post by Spooky » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:00 am

I've finished the Mission mode on Small Arms. It's a surprisingly good little XBLA game, which is very much like Smash Brawl. I don't know how much it costs, probably 800 points, but I think it's worth it. And if it's 400 points, then you should definitely get it!
Image
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests