Have you been good? What gaming stuff is Santa bringing you?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:38 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:
woody.cool wrote:I'll be travelling back to Northampton on Boxing Day, but should be back early evening! I think I have you on my friends list, but can't remember at the mo.
yeah you have. thing is im round the missus from boxing day evening. im going to have to try and get her old router working and get me a wireless connector for it :D
Hope you can, then we can have a GH3 session/challenge (I'm not that good at it anyway so you'll probably win)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:02 pm

woody.cool wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:
woody.cool wrote:I'll be travelling back to Northampton on Boxing Day, but should be back early evening! I think I have you on my friends list, but can't remember at the mo.
yeah you have. thing is im round the missus from boxing day evening. im going to have to try and get her old router working and get me a wireless connector for it :D
Hope you can, then we can have a GH3 session/challenge (I'm not that good at it anyway so you'll probably win)
i'll definitely see what i can do. if i cant get a wireless adaptor, ill just get another cable and see what i can do (it'll probably be like trying to shovel sh!t with a fork)
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

big-byte

Post by big-byte » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:44 am

This is what I got myself for Christmas :)

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/product ... Panel%20TV

Absolutely fab TV. And if you enter GIMME5 or SAVE5 you get an extra 5% off which makes it just under £750. (Went to Curry's who are part of same group as Dixons and they have same tv in store for £999 - go figure?)

I havent got any next gen consoles to play on it yet though.. so am making do with my old xbox and Assimilation emulator dvd and its great. Next thing to do is connect my PC up to it.

Birthday is not far after Christmas so I will have to drop subtle hints to my wife for either an xbox 360 or a ps3

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:09 am

Just two games for me this year:

Odin Sphere and KOF Maximum Impact Reg. A on the PS2.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:56 am

Kaede wrote:Just two games for me this year:

Odin Sphere and KOF Maximum Impact Reg. A on the PS2.
Odin Sphere really suprised me. My brother has it and I simply love the 2D graphics the game has, nice to see a company using beautiful 2D graphics as opposed to 3D ones for once. I'm going to have to borrow it from him once he's done with it.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:01 am

Cool! Yeah I can't wait to play it having heard great things not only about the superb graphics, but the gameplay and overall design as well.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:55 am

Hopefully "Mario & Sonic At The Olympics", it's the only thing I've asked for really!

Went proper retro and bought Mrs Carlos a bike for Christmas though!

kelp7

Post by kelp7 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:11 am

if i'm extremely lucky i might get the Dragon 32 i hinted at...
MZ-80A Secrets
http://mz-80a.com

8bitgamer

Post by 8bitgamer » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:14 pm

Guitar Hero
Spider-Man 3 on DVD