Cosmic Frontier: Override

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

EscapeVelocityIsBack

Cosmic Frontier: Override

Post by EscapeVelocityIsBack » Wed May 20, 2020 4:08 pm

So this is a shameless plug for a game I'm backing on Kickstarter (I am not affiliated with the game or Kickstarter campaign in any other way - if this post is against the rules, please blame me and me alone!).

It's called Cosmic Frontier: Override, and it's a reboot of the classic (maybe retro? I mean, it's retro to me, but seems like that term could vary based on your generation...) space exploration game Escape Velocity: Override. The original creator of Override, Peter Cartwright, is bringing the game back for modern computer platforms and upgrading the graphics, but keeping the storylines and mod-ability that made the original such a blast.

This project has 5 days to go, and is so close to meeting its goal. If you're even remotely interested in it, and/or if you remember the original Override (or its prequel game, Escape Velocity, or sequel, Escape Velocity: Nova), you really should consider checking out the link by PMing me (URL removed by a mod) and backing it. Just $50 gets you a copy of the game, and an NPC named after you with a customized ship in every version that goes out! Immortality for the price of dinner and a beer!

Again, apologies if this isn't the appropriate place to plug stuff like this, but I'm super excited about this project and figured there's a decent chance at least some people on this forum would be too. Cheers!

Antiriad2097

Re: Cosmic Frontier: Override

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu May 21, 2020 1:46 am

£8 will get the game (projected for July 2021), but it's a no from me. Elite: Dangerous is only £20 on Steam right now.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

EscapeVelocityIsBack

Post by EscapeVelocityIsBack » Thu May 21, 2020 8:22 am

Why not both? ;-)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:21 am

Because I don't think Cosmic Frontier looks like something I'd enjoy? It still seems like a 90s shareware title, but with a 2020 high end indie game price. Things have moved on, and that Kickstarter just isn't selling me on the new game.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.