Eugene Jarvis - Atari - Podcast Interview - Creator of Defender, Robotron & Smash TV

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

arcadeadriano

Eugene Jarvis - Atari - Podcast Interview - Creator of Defender, Robotron & Smash TV

Post by arcadeadriano » Mon May 18, 2020 6:20 am

This is probably my favourite interview to date as I have a long and in-depth chat with arcade, Atari and Williams legend Eugene Jarvis.

Eugene shares some great stories of working at Atari, what it was like working with Nolan Bushnell, creating Defender and Stargate. He also talks what inspired him to make Robotron: 2084, Smash T.V. and loads more. He also looks at his current work at Raw Thrills where he keeping arcades alive with amazing innovations. He also talks about his views on the Jeff Minter's Defender 2000 on the Jaguar.

The 1 hour 30 mins chat with Arcade Attack is honest, funny and really insightful. I would be so honoured if you checked it out and shared your feedback. The links to various platforms are listed below:

PM me for the link as i dont have enough posts yet to start posting links instantly

If you did like the interview, please do consider subscribing to our podcast and YouTube channel and even leave us a nice review!

We have also interviewed other legends in the past such as Trip Hawkins, John Tobias, Tommy Tallarico and many more.

jdanddiet

Re: Eugene Jarvis - Atari - Podcast Interview - Creator of Defender, Robotron & Smash TV

Post by jdanddiet » Mon May 18, 2020 6:40 am

Good work mate, will check out, presume can be found via twitter?
Eugene is always very chatty whenever I've interviewed him
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

arcadeadriano

Re: Eugene Jarvis - Atari - Podcast Interview - Creator of Defender, Robotron & Smash TV

Post by arcadeadriano » Wed May 20, 2020 6:21 am

Follow me on twitter: @arcade_adriano

Or go to Arcade Attack Homepage.

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Fri May 29, 2020 4:25 am

I'm looking forward to hearing this, he was amusing to watch and listen to on that film The Name Of The Game, all about the making of Nex Machina (incredible game).

I'm desperate for a game of Robotron but my PS2 CD drive is f**ked and I can't get twin sticks working properly via MAME.

batman877

Post by batman877 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:55 am

Welcome to the Retro Gamer forum Adrian. I've been listening to your podcast for a couple of years now... always a relaxing listen and is different enough from other retro pods so it stays fresh (love the constant Atari Jaguar banter!)

How about a look at the Amiga CD32 in a future episode?

Please do contribute to the forum, it's not as busy as it used to be (I blame social media) but it's still an interesting and friendly place to hang out from time to time.

Cheers! :D