Antstream - Now Live on Kickstarter!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

dolligan

Antstream - Now Live on Kickstarter!

Post by dolligan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:37 pm

So some of you will have read a bit about Antstream in Retrogamer - we're launching the world's first (and probably only) streaming subscription platform for retro games.
If you've ever thought it would be cool to have an ever-growing library of fully licensed, classic retro games spanning the 70s to the 00s instantly available on any device you own - PC, laptop, mobile, console, set-top box, smart TV - now you can!

But Antstream goes further than that - as well as making hundreds (soon to be thousands) of classic games available on demand, we've also added bespoke challenges, achievements and leaderboards. Even that's only the beginning - all sorts of exciting features are planned for the future.

Today our Kickstarter launches - if you want to grab the chance to sign up for a six month, one year or even lifetime membership at a reduced rate, take part in our early access program, or even make some money by publishing your own retro game on our platform, now's your chance!

We've spent a long time putting this together and the team is made up of some legendary figures from the world of gaming and retro. As a huge retro fan myself, working on this project for the last two years has been nothing short of a childhood dream come true. Please take a look at our Kickstarter (linked below), chuck us some money if you like the look of it, and get ready to hear a lot more about Antsteam in the near future. I'm also happy to answer any questions anyone has.

Antstream on Kickstarter - https://bit.ly/2Z10kCg

dolligan

Re: Antstream - Now Live on Kickstarter!

Post by dolligan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:15 pm

Oh and in case anyone's interested, here's a list of 400 of the first games that will be included on the platform at launch: https://www.antstream.com/gameslist

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:08 pm

Decent list of games. Getting the Codemasters and Bitmap Brothers stuff is a winner.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

dolligan

Post by dolligan » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:34 am

Thanks - we have a load more deals which are very nearly signed that I can't wait to tell people about.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:27 pm

The number of games available is impressive, it'll come down to the lag though. Best of luck with the project.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:23 pm

It's a great idea and one that I'm going to keep an eye on. If it does work well, the £40 option with a years membership seems like good value. I hope any lag issues are minimal as it'll be much easier than setting up each system on emulators (or getting the real system set up!).

If it's gettting close to funding near the end - I think I may jump in. :)

thedustyjoypad

Post by thedustyjoypad » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:26 pm

Hopefully the lag wont be too bad, considering the bandwidth needed for them, I'd imagine it'd be minimal.

Really good idea for people who want these games but dont want the fuss of setting it up themselves or shelling out for a retro-gaming box they might play for a bit then leave.
Retro gaming since it was just called gaming!