Unknown Model

Discuss the games of yesteryear while feeling all fuzzy inside.

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

lobito180

Unknown Model

Post by lobito180 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:33 am

Hello everyone! Sorry if this isn't the best place, but I have a question and maybe you guys can help me out!

I'm from Portugal, and I recently bought a ZX Spectrum that I would like to know something about:

My father has a 48K Z80 and he told that he never saw this model. I tried to research it and only found an article that talks about an argentinian model ('P 068973 MODEL M 332 48 K') that was produced here in Portugal, but that article talks about a 48k model, while this one has that sticker that says 16k...
Do you know anything about this? I'm really interested in knowing what this might be.

Thank you very much!

adippm82

Re: Unknown Model

Post by adippm82 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:38 pm

Hi

I have passed on your question to the owner of a massive Sinclair collection in Portugal, it is indeed an Argentinian Spectrum, he does not think it is particularly unusual to find a 16k model, various boards were used to make the machines, they were originally supposed to be sold by Timex in Portugal, but most ended up in Argentina, using the mold for the Timex 1500, which of course was based on the ZX81.

A link to his page is here:

https://beta.collectorsbridge.com/colle ... um-ts-2000

His information helped us to update our own museum page, where we had labelled the machine as a TS2000, our one seems to have made it's way back from Portugal to be sold by a British store, who supplied it with a less than perfect converted supply

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/ ... -Spectrum/

lobito180

Re: Unknown Model

Post by lobito180 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:58 pm

Hello!

He sent me a message, thank you very much!
Like I said, I've found information on the 48k but couldn't find information on a 16k model although it seems it isn't that unusual after all.