Most wanted unreleased games?

Discuss the games of yesteryear while feeling all fuzzy inside.

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

ncf1

Re: Most wanted unreleased games?

Post by ncf1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:09 pm

silvergunner wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:13 am
Would liked to have played the version of resident evil 4 that was canned featuring Leon fighting the mini dolls and ghost from the painting.
this wins.

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:27 am

Rogue Leaders for Wii was completed and never released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-X8C_8nJQ4

Also, Star Wars: 1313 was looking pretty interesting before it was canned.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:42 am

shiftytigger wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:56 pm
The Laird wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:21 pm
Unreleased games have always been something that I've been incredibly interested in. Over the years there have been loads of much anticipated titles that have fallen by the wayside for various reasons but what are the ones you really wanted that never made it?

One that has always bothered me is Pit-Fighter 2 for the Mega Drive. The original game is still one of my favourite coin-ops of all-time and so I couldn't wait for the sequel. It was supposed to be a Mega Drive exclusive and got some small previews in magazines of the time. It promised us that we would be able to play as any of the characters and developers Tengen would be adding more ones too. Not many screenshots were ever shown but I was very excited nonetheless. I still have no idea why it was never actually released.

Dont think I ever saw anything about that. I still enjoy a blast on Pitfighter MD quite regularly to this day and did sort of expect to see a scrolling fighter with the characters in , given how the genre seemed to be crowbarring anything in where it could.
The option to play as all characters would have been interesting.
I found this even more in-depth preview from EGM that suggests it was pretty far along:

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Aliens rpg is another game I'd trade my soul for.

Also people talking about the original resident evil 4 build. Google Resident Evil 3.5 Code: Madman
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

iprice

Post by iprice » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:54 pm

Trixta wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:01 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_3zrWaQbr4
Something I was working on a while back.
I fancy a nice hot cup of tea. Splash of milk. No sugar.

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Trixta wrote:
Also people talking about the original resident evil 4 build. Google Resident Evil 3.5 Code: Madman
you're a champ, thanks for that, never knew of it! :o

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:54 pm

The Laird wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:42 am

That really is the first I've seen of it. To be quite hoonest , a lot of that looks like it is ripped straight from the original. Not denying it looks great , but those audience members and cut scene bits seem familiar.
Still , thank you for introducing me to a game that wasn't.

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:33 am

iprice wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:54 pm
Trixta wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_3zrWaQbr4
Something I was working on a while back.
Thats fking awesome.
But anyway from what I've seen the original game was 90-95% complete. I guess the best we can do is hope one day someone finds a disc with a beta build or source code.
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

BarbaricAvatar

Post by BarbaricAvatar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:43 am

The first two builds of Duke Nukem Forever looked awesome, even if they weren't as groundbreaking as Broussard wanted. Easy to say now, but one or both of those games should have been finished and released in order to fund future entries. I'm not displeased with the DNF we finally got, i love it. But those Quake2 engine and early Unreal engine games looked fantastic, and idiotic fans like me would've just lapped them up no matter what the critics thought.
I think someone should have had the balls to stand up and say "Let's just get this finished and released so that we can all afford nice things while we work on the next game in the series". "Duke Nukem Forever" didn't have to be a release title, perhaps it the name could have been assigned to an in-development game of the franchise, no matter what it actually released as.
No, i'm not angry. That's just how i write.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:08 am

Another game that I really wanted from my Jaguar years was Death Watch, a colourful platform-style game that really showed the Jag's 2D power:

Skip to 12:55 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=farywPBpa6Y

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:29 pm

BarbaricAvatar wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:43 am
The first two builds of Duke Nukem Forever looked awesome, even if they weren't as groundbreaking as Broussard wanted. Easy to say now, but one or both of those games should have been finished and released in order to fund future entries. I'm not displeased with the DNF we finally got, i love it. But those Quake2 engine and early Unreal engine games looked fantastic, and idiotic fans like me would've just lapped them up no matter what the critics thought.
I think someone should have had the balls to stand up and say "Let's just get this finished and released so that we can all afford nice things while we work on the next game in the series". "Duke Nukem Forever" didn't have to be a release title, perhaps it the name could have been assigned to an in-development game of the franchise, no matter what it actually released as.

Since they were always changing it so much they could've even switched round some dialogue, the splash screen and released these 'finished' games under another name too.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

DrDpad

Post by DrDpad » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:00 pm

Probably Earthbound 64 for me.

I'm not really too fussed about this one, but it would have been interesting to see more of Die Hard 64.

It was a shame Starfox 2 never saw an official release also (Aside from on the SNES Mini).

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:51 pm

I would have really liked to see the original concept (real) build of Spore made, instead of the nonsense EA made it into.
That, and any of the dropped Legacy of Kane games.
Why not visit my ramblings at Garry's Gaming Blog

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Another one not finished, but with massive potential: 20000(?) Leagues under the sea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVnOAy_9VMU