Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

lavalyte

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by lavalyte » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:09 am

Issue #178 arrived today in Melbourne
'I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs' - Sam The Eagle.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:34 am

For comparison with overseas deliveries, Issue 179 is with UK subscribers today.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

lavalyte

Post by lavalyte » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:55 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:34 am
For comparison with overseas deliveries, Issue 179 is with UK subscribers today.
*sigh*
'I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs' - Sam The Eagle.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:26 am

For what it's worth, my own subs copy hasn't arrived in Scotland yet, it takes a whole day extra at least to reach me.

But y'know, if none of the overseas subscribers want these baseline dates as a reference for duration of deliveries, I could stop posting in this thread...
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Solegor

Post by Solegor » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:23 pm

I don't mind the issues arriving one month later. To be honest for the duration of this month it will not become more retro or less retro :lol:

Zedrick

Post by Zedrick » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Finally got mine yesterday, 22/3. Love it was (almost) always, but again... Having to see it for weeks at the newsagent before I get my copy is not acceptable.

Do we have any official statement regarding this mess that I've missed?

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:47 pm

Solegor wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:23 pm
I don't mind the issues arriving one month later. To be honest for the duration of this month it will not become more retro or less retro :lol:
Thats not the problem though - its that by the time you know for sure whether you're getting it or not, its no longer for sale in retail shops, and the new website often won't let you replace your issues anymore - so you risk missing an issue altogether. It took me 3 months to get a hold of issue 176, with no useful help whatsoever from the terrible subs team, who its like communicating with a 10-year old from a non English speaking country at times.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:31 am

antsbull wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:47 pm
Solegor wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:23 pm
Thats not the problem though - its that by the time you know for sure whether you're getting it or not, its no longer for sale in retail shops, and the new website often won't let you replace your issues anymore - so you risk missing an issue altogether. It took me 3 months to get a hold of issue 176, with no useful help whatsoever from the terrible subs team, who its like communicating with a 10-year old from a non English speaking country at times.
Well, that's the thing, isn't it? The point of being a bloody subscriber is that you are not supposed to ever miss an issue. If their delivery system is so poor/slow, that you don't know from one issue to the next if you are going to get it- and by the time (up to 2-3months) later when you finally realise it's never going to arrive- they have no copies to send out so you are on your own to find via eBay or the like at inflated cost- it kind of defeats the purpose. And it does seem the helpline/service support are unaware of the definition of the terms help and customer support. By now they must realise it is an issue, yeah? But at this stage there has been little response for subscribers in this topic. But it's a good place for subscribers to vent! And at least get an idea from each other how different areas are going receiving their issues.

lavalyte

Post by lavalyte » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:40 pm

It's also a bit galling to be receiving emails about the wonderful latest issue when the previous still hasn't arrived yet.

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:05 pm

lavalyte wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:40 pm
It's also a bit galling to be receiving emails about the wonderful latest issue when the previous still hasn't arrived yet.
When I renewed my subscription (which seemed to cause an abrupt end to getting any issues), those emails stopped so I don't have that problem at all anymore :D

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:53 am

Yeah, my shipping speeds got straight awhile back, as it was pretty bad for a good period of time. Which I'm very amazed by, especially with all the complaints seen in this thread. I would even say I've been getting issues faster now, than I did before Future took over.

Now sadly, most issues are arriving damaged again, and even the replacements leave much to be desired. I ended up with 3 copies of #178, and I pretty sure I'm going to grab a copy at retail when I get the chance, as all 3 copies are pretty bad. Two of the three have tears, one of which was my subscription issue, so I requested a replacement(I requested here, as well as CS), so that is how I got 2 replacements. The first replacement wasn't torn, but it was about as beat up as it could be otherwise. The second replacement arrived, and was about as bad as the subscription issue was.

So where I do get my issues rather fast now, they come with a brand new set of problems, all of which require my time to try and solve. I think I'll just buy this issue again at retail and call it a day. I have 3-4 issues left on my subscription, and then I'll be done, as it was good while it lasted. As now the problems far outweigh the current going rate for a subscription. I'll pay almost any sum of funds for a product I like and wish to support, but when said product is arriving damaged, as well as the replacements, I have to draw a line somewhere.

czechrover

Post by czechrover » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:35 pm

I Wish I'd found this thread before subscribing 🙈

I subscribed too late for issue 178 so I ordered it separately. It was dispatched on 27th February and arrived on the 26th March (Czech Republic).

They said get in touch after 21 days without so I did and the response was ok from myfavouritemagazines customer service. They said they were sending me a replacement issue of Pc gamer 🙄 After asking they told me it will be in fact Retro Gamer. So I guess I will now have 2 copies of 178 (and I didn't realise there was a replacement limit until seeing this thread).

I will post when 179 is delivered (if). I'm gonna give them a chance with the sub but reading this thread it sounds like a company from the 1980's or something. Some of the stories here are completely unnacceptable.

Fingers crossed

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:45 pm

If you let them know they will make it right. Never had an issue with a mistake.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:15 pm

Oh, they're fine in the UK, but overseas is horrendous.

May as well go digital. You won't get the bonus items like calendars etc, but at least you'll get the issues you paid for. Maybe. The digital issues have had their problems too, though more often with losing back issues than not getting current ones.

It's weird when second hand copies from eBay are a more reliable and cheaper option than subscribing.

Octogenarihexate!

Post by Octogenarihexate! » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:06 pm

Canadian here.
Curiously, I just received a reminder card to renew my subscription. It has a month left for their offer.
I still have not received issues 177 or 178.
I may not be renewing, if this keeps up.