2017/18 Football season chat

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

dste

Re: 2017/18 Football season chat

Post by dste » Mon May 14, 2018 8:27 pm

I did not know until today that Steven Gerrard is the new manager of Rangers. :shock:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

dste

Post by dste » Thu May 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Season is barely over and already another two Premier League managers have gone. Sam Allardyce has been sacked as Everton manager and David Moyes has left West Ham.

Atletico Madrid won the Europa League by beating Marseille 3-0.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri May 18, 2018 8:23 am

dste wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:20 pm
Season is barely over and already another two Premier League managers have gone. Sam Allardyce has been sacked as Everton manager and David Moyes has left West Ham.

Atletico Madrid won the Europa League by beating Marseille 3-0.
Moyes wss never the right fit at West Ham. Altbough he would do a good job. They are always going to prefer a 'big name' foreign manager rather than a grafting English one like Moyes pr Allardyce.

Does surprise me that Everton got rid of Allardyce. He was effectively working with other men's players, and there are a number who defknitely aren't his type of signings. No manager could possibly have got the team to finish higher than they did considering where he started off and what he had to deal with. Everton were 17th when he took over, he ended up 8th. With a full seaaon he would surely have finished higher. I can pretty much guarantee that whoever Everton appoint for next season that they won't finish top 6.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Fri May 18, 2018 9:11 am

Moyes was only contracted until the end of the season anyhow, so not so much a sacking as not renewing his contract. He was there to keep them up, likewise Allardyce. Waiting to see if Puel survives at Leicester now...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

dste

Post by dste » Sat May 19, 2018 10:19 pm

Mayhem wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:11 am
Moyes was only contracted until the end of the season anyhow, so not so much a sacking as not renewing his contract.
There are reports that Moyes was willing to stay on and plan for next season with Gold wanting him to stay but Sullivan decided to talk to other managers behind his back. Apparently Moyes found out and told them to stick it.
paranoid marvin wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:23 am
Does surprise me that Everton got rid of Allardyce.
Everton fans hated his style of play, dull and negative and he was always passing the buck after losing whilst taking the credit when winning. Apparently Rooney was looking at heading to the US unless Allardyce left.

In more managerial news, Paul Lambert has now left Stoke after their relegation.

Chelsea beat Man Utd 1-0 in the FA Cup final thanks to a penalty scored by Hazard. According to reports the match was extremely dull.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

dste

Post by dste » Wed May 23, 2018 9:27 pm

Unai Emery new Arsenal manager.
Manuel Pellegrini new West Ham manager.
Gary Rowett new Stoke City manager.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun May 27, 2018 11:09 am

Hard defeat to take last night. Feels like we didn't give our best rather than our best not being good enough.

Ramos took Salah out the game, pure and simple. And then Karius lost his mind. Just one of those things would make the game hard to win, but both made it almost impossible.

Salah missing the World Cup for be a travesty.
Pratty's trade list, updated (June 2018)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

dste

Post by dste » Wed May 30, 2018 8:09 pm

I only saw part of the match but it really wasn't Liverpools night.

Salah going off, two mistakes from Karius and a Bale wonder goal. I don't think any team could have done anything about that.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog