Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Discuss the games of yesteryear while feeling all fuzzy inside.

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Will you buy a Spectrum Vega Plus

Yes
21%
No
67%
Can't Decide
12%

Total votes: 81

psj3809

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Post by psj3809 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:37 pm

Yeah i've just read that. My wifes a solictor so i'll get her to check about that company and whether they're fake or not as at this moment in time i dont know whos telling the truth and who isnt.

But are you saying the 'other side' are totally innocent in all of this ? Dont get me wrong they're probably both as bad as each other but some people just seem to think RCL's at fault and no one else. Look at all those George Bum about the Vega, OTT negative stuff over and over, why do those ?

Personally think both sides are as bad as each other. But why try and get control of the company now ? A week before they're finally due to ship ? Why didnt they do this a year ago ? 18 months ago ? Why now ? Just seems one thing after another to try and derail it

But be honest you have your books sold by Paul on Amazon, theres no way you'll say anything negative whatever

If they start appearing in the next fortnight that'll be great. If they dont i'll join you in slating RCL

Whats the name of that law company/solicitor you met then ? The ones RCL have mentioned dont seem to exist - granted its just their word for it etc

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Wed May 02, 2018 4:42 pm

You only have to look up the various court documents to see the names of all solicitors, so RCL lying just seems so utterly pointless.

And why did they wait until now? Well, as already explained, they needed the backing of the MAJORITY of the shareholders and they didn't have that before as Sinclair Research were not willing to get involved. Now they are and have chosen to side with Paul Andrews and Chris Smith so the motion was able to go ahead. All this has already been confirmed in the various announcements.

This is much more cut and dry than you like to make out!

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Wed May 02, 2018 9:59 pm

The Laird wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 4:42 pm
You only have to look up the various court documents to see the names of all solicitors, so RCL lying just seems so utterly pointless.

And why did they wait until now? Well, as already explained, they needed the backing of the MAJORITY of the shareholders and they didn't have that before as Sinclair Research were not willing to get involved. Now they are and have chosen to side with Paul Andrews and Chris Smith so the motion was able to go ahead. All this has already been confirmed in the various announcements.

This is much more cut and dry than you like to make out!
It was a nice touch to take a shot at Paul today on social media about said Law firm when he clearly stated he would be at a funeral all day today. These guys are class. There are however a heap of people that have come to his defence on his behalf so it got shot down quick.
Are there faults on both sides? Probably, of course there are always two sides to every story, whether we are talking legal and company entanglements, personal relationships, everything. Of course that's true. However, there is more coming out day by day, and it seems things are definitely nearing the conclusion now. Once everything is out, people can draw their own conclusions from there. All I know from watching this are two things: Actions speak louder than words, and I can see who have been the most true to their word, produced the most product, and have played the least amount of games...just got on with things.
Secondly, this whole thing is so reminiscent of game gadget, it isn't funny, especially in regards to games. I just remember how Blaze n friends bullshitted on for months about the games and game companies they had on board before eventually being cornered and finally having to admit they had squat. And when that happened- they STILL blamed everyone else for their own combination of arrogance, and incompetence.

By the sounds we are a week or two away from knowing once and for all whether these backers are going to be rewarded- and soon- for their perseverance loyalty and patience. Backers deserve a medal for sticking with it.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Thu May 03, 2018 12:20 am

psj3809 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 3:37 pm
Personally think both sides are as bad as each other. But why try and get control of the company now ? A week before they're finally due to ship ? Why didnt they do this a year ago ? 18 months ago ? Why now ? Just seems one thing after another to try and derail it
Somewhat ironically, it was supposedly just about due to ship 18 months ago in November 2016, having already missed its first date in September. We've basically had the same story rinsed and repeated several times since then.

There's a reason why nobody trusts them when they say that the machines are going out next week. I'm half expecting them to come bundled with a copy of Star Citizen at this rate.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu May 03, 2018 2:16 am

Well, that post on FB today says it all about their professionalism. Whilst Paul was at a funeral, put out an open request on social media for people to call in with information about a 'fake law firm!' Maybe they are hoping mud will stick with such an outrageous post (why would you say you have such evidence and not just go straight to authorities?) What is really interesting is at least six posts provided them with a link where they can report such illegal practices- no response from them. That's the same response they give when genuine backers post, pleading for them to put up a recent pic of their items they are about to send out, not just historic photos from 2016 of the version that has now been altered- Dead air.

It's amateur hour, it really is. That so reminds me of Blaze boasting how they had Amstrad games for their Gamegadget then put a public tweet out to Lord Sugar asking where they can obtain said rights! :lol:

If they produce something on a par with what they have promised- I will be delighted to be proven wrong about my suspicions of them, for the sake of the backers who do deserve it.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:14 pm

Again lets just see what happens in the next fortnight. Will we see pictures of lots of Vegas about to go out and then people saying they've got them or not ? Kieren had a good point about are they suddenly active as Indiegogo was about to come down hard on them etc ? On the other hand those tweets the other day wanting to sack the directors at this moment just seems poor with the timing, just another way to derail things. Surely IF its about to launch why even do that ? Come out with the 'we want to sack the directors' in a fortnight if people arent getting their Vegas.

Again its a bit like politics when someones hardcore labour and will defend them no matter what. The anti-Vega lot will criticise everything whatever and deny any wrongdoing on their part, some are sticking their oars in and havent even ordered one ! IF i get mine in say a fortnight and its 'not too bad' and decent you'll still get the anti lot wade in with lots of arguments about it.

Court cases have been won on both sides but theres a ton of spin out there, the anti Vega lot talk about their court victories (and not the ones they've lost) and the same for RCL. All as bad as each other

Just hope within the next fortnight this crazy long winded story is near the end. Total shame the whole saga really on both sides

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Thu May 03, 2018 10:08 pm

Yeah, I don't think there's much we can do in the next couple of weeks but sit back and watch the circus.

Either way, something is going to happen soon and while the ideal result is that we all get the machines we were promised, my expectations are set considerably lower than that.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu May 03, 2018 10:21 pm

Matt_B wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:08 pm
Yeah, I don't think there's much we can do in the next couple of weeks but sit back and watch the circus.

Either way, something is going to happen soon and while the ideal result is that we all get the machines we were promised, my expectations are set considerably lower than that.
[/quote

True. One way or other the next 2-3 weeks will give us a decent idea of things. There's be lots of comins n goins this last couple of days...a Roll of honour posted, then taken down, some happy they are on it, some unhappy they are not, some confused they are on it more than once. The games list never appeared, but then an alleged 'fake' list did which apparently means the official list is now delayed for whatever reason. More he said/she said... curiouser and curiouser

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu May 17, 2018 7:20 am

Ooookay....

Has anyone here received their email promised within 24 hours of the update following the update advising 'how' to accept their upcoming delivery yet? Or anything?

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Thu May 17, 2018 7:53 am

kiwimike wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:20 am
Ooookay....

Has anyone here received their email promised within 24 hours of the update following the update advising 'how' to accept their upcoming delivery yet? Or anything?
No, and there's still no sign of the games list either.

Roll on that shareholder meeting.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:19 pm

The game list won’t be shown as ‘certain people’ will have a field day contacting owners and getting the device postponed again.

This is what’s happened yet again now sadly due to legal letters

Think they should release it without games as most people will chuck an SD card in

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Thu May 17, 2018 7:37 pm

Well, well, well . . . . They miss another deadline and then try to blame an email sent by Paul Andrews. Except they totally messed up their dates and claimed Paul's email was sent on the 14th causing them to delay sending non-existent units again. But and this is a BIG but, they claimed they shipped the first batch on the 12th. So which is it RCL. Or are you just lying again?

They claim they sent out the first batch, now they are saying they haven't.

They are still updating the incorrect roll of honour, despite claiming that was locked ages ago.

They still haven't shown a single photo of the device, yet claim it's in their warehouse.

They put a games list on the website, then removed it when people noticed it was full of games they had no rights to. Then when it was posted elsewhere they said it was fake!

No photos of any of the packaging still.

No PEGI rating, which is a legal requirement. Yet they claim they are shipping???

Honestly, if you believe anything RCL say you must be a complete moron.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri May 18, 2018 12:24 am

So many in light of todays news just asking for proof it exists by way of a current photo of unit V2, production lines etc. To date the only evidence is historic pics. When there are asked, they are selective in their responses. ...funny when that could silence critics yet they 'choose' not to. How long does it take to take 3-4 phone pics and upload?

Put it this way: Wouldn't you WANT to shut the critics up, post photos ASAP? Unless: (A) You have no product to do so or (B) It's an inferior shadow of what you have promised so don't want to show your hand and get lynched after being proven to have bullshitted all this time?
Last edited by kiwimike on Fri May 18, 2018 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri May 18, 2018 1:05 am

From the Indiegogo comments page:

"UPDATE 85: A Unicorn ate the production facility and an angry Badger forced us to tell you lies. Also there was leaky capacitor and the plastic molding machine was filled with coffee granules instead of plastic.

…..Whatever, Come on team RCL show us a shard of professionalism and start to sort this out. Stop projecting yourselves as total imbeciles and get a grip."

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri May 18, 2018 1:13 am

psj3809 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 5:19 pm
The game list won’t be shown as ‘certain people’ will have a field day contacting owners and getting the device postponed again.

This is what’s happened yet again now sadly due to legal letters

Think they should release it without games as most people will chuck an SD card in
So what if the rights owners for the games get contacted? If RCL had actually paid everyone who was promised royalties the full amount and donated the £10 for every machine sold to Great Ormond Street Hospital, I'm pretty sure nobody would have withdrawn their permission in the first place. Also, even despite all that, they could still have shipped it with 500 games last week because hundreds of us don't give a monkey's about getting paid or a charitable donation happening if they want to include our games. It'd just be utterly bereft by now of ones that people had played back in the day or even just heard about, and that's probably why they won't publish it.