Console that plays games from 11 differnt machines! Sort of.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Shinobi

Re: Console that plays games from 11 differnt machines! Sort

Post by Shinobi » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:17 pm

^^^ Just to add I believe people who buy these things are using the reasoning that they don't have the space/can't afford several different consoles.. Also these people are mostly likely to be casual gamers so won't realise the emulation is pretty censored, whilst the serious gamers will buy an Everdrive .

Also PC Engine CD roms are notoriously hard to emulate having to create toc files etc, judging by the amount of posts begging for people to upload Rondo of Blood .. Even importing an Engine you would need to RGB mod it, step down etc..

I think these things are not aimed at people like us but the type who buys every new android device as it does emulation..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:09 pm

Cant you just burn PCE CD games to disc?

HEAVYface

Post by HEAVYface » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:32 pm

I played around with one of these machines in japan, almost bought one. the demo pod was playing a NES game (ninja kid or NK 2 I think it was) the joypad that came with the console was good enough, the premium version let you use your old pads through an add on.

it did output HDMI. there where quite a few display options which you could change on the fly whilst playing the game, they were all comparable with the framemeisters (xrgb mini) output. the pixels were sharp with no blurring or filtering, and there was a few scanline options too - I was pretty impressed with the video-out considering the framemeister is £100 more. menus seemed easily navigable too.

the sound wasn't cranked up on the unit so I couldn't tell you if it was any good (and anyway I've not much experience with NES games to compare).

only reason I didn't pick it up was luggage allowance and i'd already bought to much tat. oh and the box art was censored. If they are over here at a reasonable price i'll pick one up eventually.