From the forum issue 123

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Macias

Re: From the forum issue 123

Post by Macias » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:40 pm

It Came from the Desert. It was at one point not only my fave Cinemaware game, but my favourite game, period.

I've always been interested in WW1 flight sims (two biographies of the Red Baron and a translation of "Der Rote Kampflieger" on my bookshelf), but Wings was merely an ok game for me. Quickly overshadowed in my mind by Knights of the Sky and then the brilliant Red Baron by Dynamix.

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:33 am

The Three Stooges - loved the crazy humour and sound samples. Cinemaware were one of the 16-bit software companies who heavily supported the PC platform, unlike a lot of other developers - so their games were must buys for me.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:59 pm

antsbull wrote:The Three Stooges - loved the crazy humour and sound samples. Cinemaware were one of the 16-bit software companies who heavily supported the PC platform, unlike a lot of other developers - so their games were must buys for me.

3 Stooges has one of the best intros on any game ever.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

RichL

Post by RichL » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Defender of the crown on the Amiga for me. Holding down k while it loaded to get a thousand knights made the game so much easier.

Amigaheart

Post by Amigaheart » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:11 pm

Hello everyone. For me it's Sinbad and the Throne of the Falcon. The interactive storyline (CW's trademark), the agony, actual physical terror (bloody Cyclops) that you could die at any second, the... hot stuff, beautiful music and so much more. An unusual Cinemaware title in that it's a one-man show, coming from the genius of the late Bill Williams...

For anyone unaware of this, there's a massive chance now to support Cinemaware's comeback, check out their Wings campaign.

amigacooke

Post by amigacooke » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:44 am

For me it has to be Wings.

The triumph of another successful mission mixed with the despair of another hard fought career cut short by the unsporting 'Hun'. Sadly there are crosses all over France due to my ineptitude :D Naturally I backed the KickStarter for an updated version as soon as I found out about it.

My other favourite was 'King of Chicago'. I like to think of it as the blueprint for 'Grand Theft Auto' :wink:

merman

Post by merman » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:22 am

(You can stop posting now, the mag has been printed)
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube