Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7097
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by dste » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:15 am

Finally watched last weeks episode, was OK.

The monster had potential but was massively wasted and the plot was similar to the previous episode, right down to Bill falling down a hole.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
The Hardest of All Freds
Posts: 1746
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:20 pm

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:32 am

Tom Ellis appears to be favourite to be next
Going Solo...................

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7097
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by dste » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:33 am

Despite the fricking massive spoilers about the returns I thought it was still a damn good episode.

Yes there were similarities to the last Cyberman two-parter finale (well, pretty much the same plot points of a character dying and being converted and featuring Missy) but it was pretty creepy and the volume knobs...
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
Treguard
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by Treguard » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 am

I'm imagining massive bait and switch and that Cyberman is not Bill.

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7097
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by dste » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:14 pm

Treguard wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 am
I'm imagining massive bait and switch and that Cyberman is not Bill.
Aha. :wink:

For me it was pretty much as per usual these days a dissaponting season finale. Big build up with the Cybermen and the Master/Missy in the first part and then just fizzles out in the second. The regeneration starting to drag, we know he is leaving so no need. As much as I don't want Capaldi to leave I think he should have gone in this episode rather than drag it out in to the Christmas special. This two-part season finale was pretty much just a mixture of the finales from the last two seasons.

A shame.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

stayAwhile
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by stayAwhile » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:39 pm

dste wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:14 pm
Treguard wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 am
I'm imagining massive bait and switch and that Cyberman is not Bill.
Aha. :wink:

For me it was pretty much as per usual these days a dissaponting season finale. Big build up with the Cybermen and the Master/Missy in the first part and then just fizzles out in the second. The regeneration starting to drag, we know he is leaving so no need. As much as I don't want Capaldi to leave I think he should have gone in this episode rather than drag it out in to the Christmas special. This two-part season finale was pretty much just a mixture of the finales from the last two seasons.

A shame.
I'm avoiding all dr web pages and web chat ect next year the ending would of been a suprise had i done that i sort of hope in the new era of dw the production team find ways to do shock returns or mid series REAL regenerations. gutted about nardole and bill I always liked nardole and i warmed to bill mid series wish the vault wasnt missy though it should of been river trying to avoid her death or the rani or romana or anything less obvious
This guy are sick

User avatar
Treguard
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by Treguard » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:53 am

dste wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:14 pm
Treguard wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 am
I'm imagining massive bait and switch and that Cyberman is not Bill.
Aha. :wink:

For me it was pretty much as per usual these days a dissaponting season finale. Big build up with the Cybermen and the Master/Missy in the first part and then just fizzles out in the second. The regeneration starting to drag, we know he is leaving so no need. As much as I don't want Capaldi to leave I think he should have gone in this episode rather than drag it out in to the Christmas special. This two-part season finale was pretty much just a mixture of the finales from the last two seasons.

A shame.
Yeah, that was a bit of a 'convenient' ending for Bill. Not dead, but not in the show anymore. On the plus side though it does probably kybosh any lingering potential 'adventures of Clara and Arya Stark in spaaaaccceeee' spin off worries though. On the plus side though, John Simm was excellent as The Master, just a nasty manipulative git, who not only refuses to change, but refuse to accept that he would ever want to change to the point of murdering (possibly, this is Doctor Who) his future self. Nicely done.

stayAwhile
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by stayAwhile » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Treguard wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:53 am
dste wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:14 pm
Treguard wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 am
I'm imagining massive bait and switch and that Cyberman is not Bill.
Aha. :wink:

For me it was pretty much as per usual these days a dissaponting season finale. Big build up with the Cybermen and the Master/Missy in the first part and then just fizzles out in the second. The regeneration starting to drag, we know he is leaving so no need. As much as I don't want Capaldi to leave I think he should have gone in this episode rather than drag it out in to the Christmas special. This two-part season finale was pretty much just a mixture of the finales from the last two seasons.

A shame.
Yeah, that was a bit of a 'convenient' ending for Bill. Not dead, but not in the show anymore. On the plus side though it does probably kybosh any lingering potential 'adventures of Clara and Arya Stark in spaaaaccceeee' spin off worries though. On the plus side though, John Simm was excellent as The Master, just a nasty manipulative git, who not only refuses to change, but refuse to accept that he would ever want to change to the point of murdering (possibly, this is Doctor Who) his future self. Nicely done.
I sense that missy will be his far future possibly a stolen body
This guy are sick

User avatar
The Hardest of All Freds
Posts: 1746
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:20 pm

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Spoiler -

Clara is back at Christmas..
I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.
Going Solo...................

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7097
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by dste » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:49 pm

The Hardest of All Freds wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:47 pm
Spoiler -
Clara is back at Christmas..
If it were to be true I don't mind Clara but do not see any reason for her to return.
stayAwhile wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:52 pm
I sense that missy will be his far future possibly a stolen body
They didn't specifically state that Missy was the direct regeneration from Simm so it does leave the door open for a new Master to appear that can be set between them.
Treguard wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:53 am
Yeah, that was a bit of a 'convenient' ending for Bill. Not dead, but not in the show anymore. On the plus side though it does probably kybosh any lingering potential 'adventures of Clara and Arya Stark in spaaaaccceeee' spin off worries though. On the plus side though, John Simm was excellent as The Master, just a nasty manipulative git, who not only refuses to change, but refuse to accept that he would ever want to change to the point of murdering (possibly, this is Doctor Who) his future self. Nicely done.
Bill now pretty much just like Clara, dead but not dead zooming round the universe.

I thought John Simm was a hell of a lot better than when written under Davis. None of this manic flying around shooting electricity crap. A shame really as meant I never really warmed to him as the Master.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

stayAwhile
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by stayAwhile » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:08 pm

I think they should show Simm regenerate bur do it so they use a guest star and have a diffrent master per apperance until he's on body 13 then he steals a body(i say romana or rani) of another time lord
This guy are sick

ALK
Posts: 2924
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by ALK » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:23 pm

There'll be a special this Sunday after the Tennis Men's Final announcing the next Doctor.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
Tom_Baker
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by Tom_Baker » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7097
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by dste » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:02 am

ALK wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:23 pm
There'll be a special this Sunday after the Tennis Men's Final announcing the next Doctor.
I was really hoping that we were going to find out when Capaldi regenerates in the Christmas special. Would have been a really nice surprise such as when Jenna Coleman appeared in Asylum of the Daleks.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

stayAwhile
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 pm

dste wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:02 am
ALK wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:23 pm
There'll be a special this Sunday after the Tennis Men's Final announcing the next Doctor.
I was really hoping that we were going to find out when Capaldi regenerates in the Christmas special. Would have been a really nice surprise such as when Jenna Coleman appeared in Asylum of the Daleks.
they need to next time do a fake reveal(but with betting ect they cant but could do a double regeneration)
This guy are sick

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Matt_B and 1 guest