What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

DPrinny

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Been wondering if it worked
SO got it out to test it
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Ranarama on the Speccy. Not as good as Quazatron but still pretty good to be fair.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:27 pm

Spector wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:59 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:21 pm
Spector wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:54 pm
Looping on the Colecovision!!
With the old Bi Plane used to play this down a friends house, we could never complete the pipe level. I remember the plane having a weird control method.

I wasn't sure of it at first but I now think this is quite a good game actually; it's not really like anything else, but it has its own feel and it's addictive. Would have been perfect for a conversion to the Commodore 16 ;)
I remember some C16 game where the downed planes could still kill you, or crash into your refuelling pads destroying then. I think its called Falcon Patrol on the C64; C16 version had a different name
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

pratty

Post by pratty » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:58 am

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (still!)
Mass Effect 3
Rayman Legends (the Mariachi Madness level was a delight :) )
Yoshi's Wooly World
Splatoon
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (specifically Raid Mode)
Pratty's trade list, updated (October 2018)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

dste

Post by dste » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 am

Mario Strikers Charged on the Wii.

A fun but also a damn infuriating game.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:59 am

Been playing a lot of Dangerous Golf on the Xbox One and smashing Darran's scores :lol:

Also very much enjoying a new horizontally scrolling shoot 'em up called Earth Atlantis that has some really unique visuals.

HdE

Post by HdE » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:48 pm

I've been playing Warhammer 40,000: Space marine for the last few days.

So far, it's done nothing truly exceptional, but it's a REALLY solid game. And some of the combat is very satisfying.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:26 pm

The Laird wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:59 am

Also very much enjoying a new horizontally scrolling shoot 'em up called Earth Atlantis that has some really unique visuals.
Got sent this for review today. The visuals are something else. The game got a bit dull long before I finished the main Quest mode. Kind of liked it overall. No bloody idea what score I'm going to give it.

davyK

Post by davyK » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:00 pm

This...

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:35 pm

all on PC

the excellent WRECKFEST
lego star wars the complete saga / the clone wars
disney infinity gold
GTAV

emulated OHH NAUGHT NAUGHTY :twisted:

fire pro wrestling returns (simmed competitions)
NHLPA93 (also simmed competitions)
mario kart wii

and NOW you can arrest me .....

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:20 pm

After not having played one of my favourite games for some years, loaded up Mafia seeing as though it works on Windows 10 beautifully (and didn't on Win 7). Wow, such a difference from playing it last time, sandboxies have certainly come a long way. But the acting.. the script.. just genius! What an amazing story they told in that game, just incredible storytelling, even though the gameplay is not quite as amazing anymore, still though a solid game and was a fun revisit.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:01 am

A few quick matches on Mario Tennis Aces, and a bit of Golf Story, both on the Switch. For a 2D game the golf plays quite well in Golf Story, it uses the same swing meter from the Mario Golf games which is good.
Pratty's trade list, updated (October 2018)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:03 am

Playing "Destiny of an Emperor" at the moment on my NES. Its a Capcom 8bit RPG set in the 3 kingdoms period of China (think Dynasty Warriors). Playing it as part of my Capcom playthrough, and am actually enjoying it quite a bit. Its a solid RPG with some cool battle mechanics and a basic story that interests me (because that particular period in history interests me). Its making me want to replay Dynasty Warriors again though...
ncf1 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:20 pm
After not having played one of my favourite games for some years, loaded up Mafia seeing as though it works on Windows 10 beautifully (and didn't on Win 7). Wow, such a difference from playing it last time, sandboxies have certainly come a long way. But the acting.. the script.. just genius! What an amazing story they told in that game, just incredible storytelling, even though the gameplay is not quite as amazing anymore, still though a solid game and was a fun revisit.
Mafia is still an incredible achievement to this day. The storytelling is still on another level, it blows stuff like GTA completely out of the water in that regard. The twists in the game are legit brilliant as well, and while 2 was not as good, it still managed to tell a good story (no idea about 3, I was saddened to see they took the open world formula of GTA and ruined the atmosphere that 1 and 2 had, but the story scenes I have seen in that game were still really well done).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:25 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:03 am
Mafia is still an incredible achievement to this day. The storytelling is still on another level, it blows stuff like GTA completely out of the water in that regard. The twists in the game are legit brilliant as well, and while 2 was not as good, it still managed to tell a good story (no idea about 3, I was saddened to see they took the open world formula of GTA and ruined the atmosphere that 1 and 2 had, but the story scenes I have seen in that game were still really well done).
Hear hear! I remember GTA 3 getting most of the fanfare when coming out but I felt Mafia was the stronger game, on another level just as you say. I also agree about 2 and 3 - I was tempted to start playing Mafia 2 again but remembered the first time I beat it i felt 'i wont be playing this again', and Mafia 3 was just so boring i gave up after about an hour.

Mafia was a work of art from start to finish, you really felt you were in an interactive movie, and a top notch one at that.

dste

Post by dste » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:58 pm

Started career mode on Fifa 15 on the 360.

Very odd getting used to the mechanics after playing Pro Evo 6 for so long, Quite enjoying it so far despite the fact that I cannot seem to buy players.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!