What are you listening to right now?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

aztecca

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by aztecca » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:30 pm

Picked up an lp from the charity shop called sounds of san francisco. Apparently part of the driver san francisco collectors edition was only a quid a its pretty decent.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:49 pm

djcarlos wrote:
2-15 –Golden Girls Kinetic
Producer – Paul Hartnoll
Classic!

Lemon Interupt, Hardfloor, Jaydee, Finitribe, Leftfield, got a lot of those tunes on vinyl. Don't have that mix though, added to wantlist.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:15 am

Megamixer wrote:Finally got around to having a look at some of those d 'n b recommendations. Started by getting hold of Moving Shadow 00.1, a 80min mix CD. It's some sort of 10th anniversary set with a multimedia CD in included as well but I've been listening to the mix CD in my car and loving it :)
That's a winner alright!

Shadow. A phantom. A shade.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:53 pm

djcarlos wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Finally got around to having a look at some of those d 'n b recommendations. Started by getting hold of Moving Shadow 00.1, a 80min mix CD. It's some sort of 10th anniversary set with a multimedia CD in included as well but I've been listening to the mix CD in my car and loving it :)
That's a winner alright!

Shadow. A phantom. A shade.
I've noticed some of the material that was in the GTA MSX radio station is also mixed into this one (though it was obviously the other way around). Really loving it at the moment and will try and pick up the others.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:36 am

Just stumbled across BabyMetal, completely bonkers. :D

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:26 pm

Drones - Muse
Smell the Magic - L7

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:23 pm

Seefeel, anyone a fan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt5T95_88ss

Also Baby Ford - Oochy Koochy!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:58 pm

Vincent Black Shadow friend gave me this as he knows I like female singers and she sounds very much like Evanescence' which is even better
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:26 am

Not listened to yet as I'm at work. But have got maidens new album on cd and vinyl.

Blow me down three songs clock in at 10, 13 and 18 mins :shock:

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:14 pm

silvergunner wrote:Not listened to yet as I'm at work. But have got maidens new album on cd and vinyl.

:(

I've been a Maiden fan since the earliest days of the band. They are the only musical constant throughout my life. I'm not bothering with the new album though. The stuff I've heard from it is too painfully the output of a band that's completely past it. The band's increasing tendency towards excessive proggy bloat has done me in. I don't mind a bit of Maiden progging if it's done well, the last few studio albums are awash with it and I do like those albums, but the new stuff is just overlong bollocks. :(
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:12 am

The Beans wrote:
silvergunner wrote:Not listened to yet as I'm at work. But have got maidens new album on cd and vinyl.

:(

I've been a Maiden fan since the earliest days of the band. They are the only musical constant throughout my life. I'm not bothering with the new album though. The stuff I've heard from it is too painfully the output of a band that's completely past it. The band's increasing tendency towards excessive proggy bloat has done me in. I don't mind a bit of Maiden progging if it's done well, the last few studio albums are awash with it and I do like those albums, but the new stuff is just overlong bollocks. :(
You know, that's cool. I get why a lot of people don't like the newer stuff. I have listened to half the album and I like it. Their music now certainly for me anyway needs multiple listens to get the most from it. I certainly was not struck on the last album.

The tunes are not instantaneous head bangers of years gone by. They are doing what they want and in a whole loads of people dig it. I see it as at least they are releasing stuff regardless of weather I like it or not.

Metallica for example just cannot decide what the hell to do or if they actually like the small amount of stuff they actually record.

Bring on slayer though, the new album sounds like a return to form :D

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:22 am

New Maiden album is rather good in my opinion. I like long songs and the last track on the album is absolutely smashing.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:28 am

Agreed!

I've been a fan for 30 years, and as much as I love the 80s classic era, I'm glad they've moved on and developed their sound. It's what keep them interesting!

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:29 am

gman72 wrote:New Maiden album is rather good in my opinion. I like long songs and the last track on the album is absolutely smashing.
Yeah I'm looking forward to hearing it myself. From what I have heard, if this ends up being the last record. Well it's always mentioned now. I think they have gone out on a high. Going to keep my vinyl copy at work for Janick to sign as he comes into my shop about 4 times a year.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:09 am

Just picked up on my dinner break the new album from Nile, "what should not be unearthed".

Cannot wait to spin this.

Oh also been listening to Fear Factory's new one to. Fantastic I must say especially since they got a real drummer in and not using programmed drums. Still say the tightest they sounded was with Gene Hoglan on drums. The guy is just a machine.