Bullet Soul - 360

Got a high score accomplishment or speedrun to boast about? Share it here!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

AmidstStorm

Bullet Soul - 360

Post by AmidstStorm » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Submit scores of 1 credit runs as folllows:

Player - Initials - Score - Stage - Character - Auto bomb ON/OFF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARCADE MODE

1. kollisionBR - EDW - 734,690,710 - Stage 2-3 - Blue - Auto OFF
2. Sel Feena - SEL - 170,153,340 -Stage 4 - Blue - Auto OFF
3. AmidstStorm - AMS - 128,926,650 - Stage 4 - Blue - Auto OFF
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCORE ATTACK MODE MODE
Last edited by AmidstStorm on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.

AmidstStorm

Re: Bullet Soul - 360

Post by AmidstStorm » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Not sure what the character's names are so if someone could help me out then cool. But ships run from left to right, Blue, Red & Yellow on select screen.

First credit score.

AmidstStorm - AMS - 54,519,570 - Stage 3 - Red - Auto Bomb OFF

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:37 pm

This game is pretty damn good. Got to Stage 4 boss with the yellow ship but only hit about 70mill.. best so far after 2 or 3 more credits.

AmidstStorm - AMS - 111,332,010 - Stage 3 - Blue - Auto OFF

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 pm

This is the only Jap shmup I haven't played...
Will look into this once funds have cleared

Misery

Post by Misery » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:17 pm

retrojc wrote:This is the only Jap shmup I haven't played...

Same here.

It's bloody EXPENSIVE.

I can afford it without too much trouble, but it still ends up not getting bought because I keep blowing money on other, less absurdly priced things.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:12 am

AmidstStorm wrote:This game is pretty damn good. Got to Stage 4 boss with the yellow ship but only hit about 70mill.. best so far after 2 or 3 more credits.

Loving the scoring system in this game! The game scores you on aggressive play; that bar to the side of the screen is a multiplier that builds up when you get up in the enemy's face, preferably as near the top of the screen as possible. Auto-Bomb makes the gauge build at a snail's pace.

Played a bit more of this this evening, and really enjoying it. Deffo worth the price tag IMO. That giant space tick, though...annoying!

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:19 am

Sel Feena wrote:
AmidstStorm wrote:This game is pretty damn good. Got to Stage 4 boss with the yellow ship but only hit about 70mill.. best so far after 2 or 3 more credits.

Loving the scoring system in this game! The game scores you on aggressive play; that bar to the side of the screen is a multiplier that builds up when you get up in the enemy's face, preferably as near the top of the screen as possible. Auto-Bomb makes the gauge build at a snail's pace.

Played a bit more of this this evening, and really enjoying it. Deffo worth the price tag IMO. That giant space tick, though...annoying!
The stage 4 boss is ridiculous. that is a big long ass fight. I didn't realise your bar went up for aggressive play. Makes sense as that 100 mill score i hit when i was confident at the first few levels. Stage 2 is the biggy for me. Can consistently get 3 stars on it and destroy all the bonuses throughout. Stage one i'm missing something somewhere. only get 1 star, yet kill everything. great game though i see why hardcore shmup fans don't like it. The bullet cancelling makes it feel like you're playing an arrange mode of the game where in fact it's the only mode.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:39 am

^ Ones I've found for Stage 1...

* The first mini-boss that appears, right at the start: take him apart then kill him off.
* The section where you speed up around a bend on the road: switch to Shot held down and stay in the top left. Take out all the enemies that appear on that bend (7 I think).
* That monorail thing near the end. Take all the sections out, quick.

Agree about the bullet thing; as long as you prioritise targets, you hardly ever get too swamped down thanks to the bullet cancel. The multi-stage boss fights are a lot of fun, great patterns but Christ, yeah, they do go on!

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:10 am

Ah right, so it seems there set tasks within the levels that gain you stars? On stage 2 or it might be 3 I can do it every time. So many destruction, special and mystery bonuses. In that stage.

They mustve designed the game around the cancelling feature. Trust me though stage 5 is insane. That's one of those that will need to learn which enemies are priority take down to leave you with patterns to learn at the same time. So much going on.
I noticed that there has been dlc for this game. Not logged in to look though. Possibly just extra ships. Be good to have a traditional style mode. Just pure bullet hell. Maybe toned down a bit and varied difficulties, not too disimiliar to mushihimesama.

I notice the difference in ship effects difficulty but only in style of weapons not actually game rank or anything. Blue seems easiest, yellow hardest. Left to right basically. Though have got the furthest just playin for survival with yellow but with auto bomb on so perhaps it's in my head.

You know I sometimes think a simple bit of research about the games I play might Answer all my questions, but I like it this way :)
Last edited by AmidstStorm on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:02 am

Some progress. Starting to really enjoy this game and taking out the bosses segment by segment is cool. I know it's not the only shmup that does this but still.. fun. The blue ship works best for me. Got a good system of holding standard shot down and hammering onto the secondary shot for power and ship slowdown. Might start practicing stages 3 & 4 solo soon and then push to make it through to the final stage in one run.

AmidstStorm - AMS - 128,926,650 - Stage 4 - Blue - Auto OFF

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:00 am

Yellow is useful when you know the patterns, get close up with his laser drill thing. Got past the Space Tick this time, and blimey. Level 4 really seems to jump up a notch.

Sel Feena - SEL - 147,895,340 -Stage 4 - Yellow - Auto OFF

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:12 am

Great score there Sel. Something to aim for.

I made it to Stage 5 and beat one boss.. I was playing with Auto bomb on that credit and purely for survival. Scored about 111 mill. I reckon I might be able to clear this game with auto bomb on and some dedicated practice.

weakboson

Post by weakboson » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Misery wrote:

Same here.

It's bloody EXPENSIVE.

I can afford it without too much trouble, but it still ends up not getting bought because I keep blowing money on other, less absurdly priced things.
You can get it cheaply on the HK marketplace, it's not IP locked:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-HK/Produ ... 02465607df

You have to make a HK account and whatnot but it's a pretty huge saving. I wasn't going to get Bullet Soul - I've heard too many mixed things about it to blow £60 on it - but for £13 it looks like it'd be worth a shot. I still haven't got round to getting it though.

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:06 pm

weakboson wrote:
Misery wrote:

Same here.

It's bloody EXPENSIVE.

You can get it cheaply on the HK marketplace, it's not IP locked:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-HK/Produ ... 02465607df

You have to make a HK account and whatnot but it's a pretty huge saving. I wasn't going to get Bullet Soul - I've heard too many mixed things about it to blow £60 on it - but for £13 it looks like it'd be worth a shot. I still haven't got round to getting it though.
It's does feel like youre playing an arrange mode but i think it's got enough playability to warrant a purchase, but you're right, £60 is alot to throw at something you might not be sure about. £13 on the other hand... wow

Misery

Post by Misery » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Ok, so, I gotta ask,

what's the difficulty level like with this game?

I keep hearing ALOT of different things about this one, which is exactly why I STILL havent ordered it. Some say it's great. Some say it's terrible. Some really like the scoring.... some hate it and say it makes the game stupid-easy.

I do see alot of..... cancelling?..... in videos of the game, and I know shmups that have this mechanic can sometimes be a bit too much on the easy side (Giga WIng), but..... agh, it's hard to tell from videos alone.