2011/12 Football Season chat (contains MOTD spoilers)

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

the_hawk

2011/12 Football Season chat (contains MOTD spoilers)

Post by the_hawk » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:18 am

A bit early perhaps?

However the Carling cup draw is in a fortnight, the league fixtures are released the day after & Fulham begin their Europa Cup campaign four weeks from today. :D
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

dste

Re: 2011/12 Football Season chat (contains MOTD spoilers)

Post by dste » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:21 am

I was going to say doesn't the season really start when the fixtures are released but didn't realise that it was so soon already,
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:12 pm

not too soon now all of the new leagues are decided :D

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Really looking forward to a new season, as a Coventry City fan we had an excellent end to the last season with Andy Thorn in charge. The style and play of the team was much more exciting than what we had endured under Aidy "Hoof-royd".

A few loose contracts to sort out though, personally Westwood(GK) looks like he is moving up to the Premiership with either Sunderland, Everton or Wolverhampton Wanderers. Marlon King is being courted by Leicester City, but after his comments about enjoying his time at Coventry, hopes are he will stay and the same goes for Aron Gunnarsson (CMD) been at the club for a few years now, usually has better seasons than last, but he is a really combative player.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:46 am

Well gutted Reading lost but it was an amazing season either way (4th best in their 125 year history) and the squads looking good for next year.

Hate seeing the way Prem managers just seem to go from one job to the next, looks like Mark Hughes is now off but now the media are reporting that Villa may be luke warm to the idea which will be funny.

England game on saturday but its weird no premiership etc. This time next year its Euro 2012 though

James A

Post by James A » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:32 am

I would just like to see my club Wrexham out of the inept and crooked hands of our current owners and in the hands of the fans ownership scheme. At least then we can start working our way out of the BSP and back into the league without the constant threat of bankruptcy hanging over our heads.

dste

Post by dste » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:24 am

For next season I'd like promotion to the Premier League, a permanent left back, less strikers at the club and a more settled partnership instead of rotating nine players in two spots.

I'd also like Billy Davies to stop whinging about the board in public all of the time but I'd also like for the board to get rid of David Pleat and the AP who obviously don't have a clue.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:21 am

James A wrote:I would just like to see my club Wrexham out of the inept and crooked hands of our current owners and in the hands of the fans ownership scheme. At least then we can start working our way out of the BSP and back into the league without the constant threat of bankruptcy hanging over our heads.
+1.

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:27 am

Spennymoor fixtures have been released already and we have a Home Game against Consett on the 13th August 2011 and then a Away game against Marske Utd on the 16th August and then the FA Cup Extra Prem Round on the 20th August (which is to be drawn soon)
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

Graham Humphrey

Post by Graham Humphrey » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Norwich have already been busy in the transfer market and we're only just into June - having signed Everton's James Vaughan (potentially £2.5m) and Millwall's Steve Morison (potentially £2.8m) so far, there are very strong rumours circulating that Brighton's Elliott Bennett (£1.5m) and Leeds' Bradley Johnson (free) are on their way to the club in the near future. On top of that, it looks like we had a £3.5m bid for Robert Snodgrass rejected - not convinced we'll go back in for him but it remains to be seen really.

Norwich have never ever spent money like we are doing right now - it might be a drop in the ocean compared to many top-flight clubs but for us it's unchartered territory and it's certainly very exciting.
Lemon Amiga is now on YouTube and Facebook!

dste

Post by dste » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Well doesn't look like I have to worry about the stuff in my previous post as the board went and sacked Billy Davies today and according to reports will be replaced by Steve McClaren tomorrow.

What have the fans done to deserve that?
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Marlon King has quiet literally thrown the support the Sky Blues fans gave him back in their face, be interested to see what kind of reception he gets when Birmingham play at the Ricoh.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Norwich in the premiership... AWESOME!!!!
I predict mid-table for the first year.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

norm7446

Post by norm7446 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:13 pm

If and when I become PM ( Which will be this side of Hell Freezing Over ). Alll Football will be banned from any TV Channel. And anyone caught either playing or discussing anything of a Football nature, will be sent to prison. Where they will watch non stop re-plays of Crossroad's.... This is my own personal opinion of Football. Now look into my eye's, look into my eye's. ( Click noise of two finger's ). You will forget about what I just said. ( Click noise of two finger's Again ). So just what is Off Side..!!! ??? :wink: :wink:
Rise from your Grave...

DanWelsh86

Post by DanWelsh86 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Swansea have been busy boys, securing Danny Graham for 3.5m and having talks with Villareall's Marcos Senna. Prately has left, and Newcastle have been going in for Neil Taylor, interestingly enough if we sell him we help out my North Wales bretheren in Wrexham since they get 100k of any sell on value. I really hope Wrexham come back into the football league after this year and Newport secure themselves into the BSP. Cardiff have no money and have lost all their players, what a shame.