What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

do_sucol

What grinds your gears ?

Post by do_sucol » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:20 pm

Plain and simple, what really ticks you off ?

Here's my starter for one.

That new wheatabix advert with the lumps of chocolate inside the biscuits and how it's aimed as being something healthy and good for your children.

Then there's the Nutella chocolate spread advert.Showing it as a great, healthy product to give to your kids before school . "Nutella is a delicious hazelnut spread that contains quality ingredients, such as skim milk and a hint of cocoa, that moms can serve as part of a balanced breakfast". Right then, on that statement ,just feed your kids a snicker bar ,it has nuts,milk and "quality ingredients " .

"How can Nutella® help moms at breakfast time?

It can be difficult to persuade children to eat breakfast. When used in moderation with complementary foods, Nutella® is a quick and easy tool to encourage kids to eat whole grains, such as whole wheat toast, English muffins, toaster waffles and bagels." So ,just put chocolate on everything that your children won't eat, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

As pointless as having a salad with a block of lard,it is completely defeating the benefits ( wheatabix)of having the healthy product.And marketing these as something good for kids just drives me insane .How do these ads get away with it ?

And what tosspots are listening and taking their advice ? I know who,that idiot that was on a programme about breast feeding.Her point against breastfeeding being "it's not right,they are sexual organs first "! :roll:

Who's next then with their rant ?
The economic and political system isn't broken.
It's doing what it was designed to do - make the rich richer.

The Master

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by The Master » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:25 pm

Come on, Weetabix and Nutella are brilliant.

Pigeons annoy me.
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:37 pm

It's the way they describe it. A deep fried mars bar is healthy enough if eaten as part of a balanced diet.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

The Master

Post by The Master » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:40 pm

....deep-fried Pigeon?
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

James A

Post by James A » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Tony Blair - Anything that man says or does makes my blood boil.

People that keep telling me the Pope is coming to Coventry. I don't care if some old ex Nazi goose stepping person who likes covering up paedophile cases is coming to town.

Those Halifax and go compare adds, nuff said really

Cinema adds where they have people saying how good the film was. Yeah like some paid up censored is going to make me see some pile of censored film

My boss

TV liscence. I will not pay for the crap they put on BBC

Probably lots more

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:49 pm

Think it'd be easier to list the stuff that DOESN'T piss me off :lol:
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:56 pm

James A wrote:Cinema adds where they have people saying how good the film was. Yeah like some paid up censored is going to make me see some pile of censored film
I hate it on trailers for films when they're playing some music in the background, but then when one of the characters does something that's meant to be funny, the music stops playing for a second, they might as well put a big caption on the screen saying 'LAUGH NOW' :evil: Happens in virtually every effing trailer for a comedy film. :evil: Then when you actually see the film, all the jokes fall flat on their arse because you've already heard them 100 times. :evil:

As fa as adverts go, I REALLY hate the 'Compare the Meerkat!...SIMPLES!' one and bloody Churchill....'Oh YES!' 'Oh YES!' 'Oh YES!'..Oh...just feck off, will you. :evil:
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:06 pm

BLOODY ROAD WORKS!!! FULL STOP!!

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:11 pm

People who cross on zebra crossings who just walk straight out without looking.

Edith Bowman.

Cyclists who havent got the common sense they were born with. Like when your sat at an island and indicating to go left and some multi coloured w@nker rides up past the waiting cars to the front next to you and sets off quickly and *tries* to go striaght aheaad so that when you go left you almost knock them off. Its annoying. Not for the fact they're risking getting dragged under my car, but the fact that they could mark my paintwork.

Those "Sub" sandwiches that Dominoes do. They taste just like pizza.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:13 pm

1/ people who complain that they are fat and how unhappy this makes them, but then completly ignore me when i give them advice!
and they always use that stupid comment..."well its ok for you, your thin!"

well...thats becouse i take my own sodding advice!

2/ people who refuse to find a job, becouse they are better off on the dole! they don't want to work becouse after tax deduction they will be in the exact same boat after working 40 hours as they are now for doing censored all! its the goverments fault for giving into all the eu bullshit and allowing people who do not contribute to society to live comfortably!

3/ people who after finding out i wrestle, ask me if its fixed!
or even worse, people who find out i wrestle who then tell me it isn't real!!
oh censored! realy? you mean my opponents DR X and his evil jewish sidekick wern't trying to take over the world one match at a time, and the Boogie Boy and the saterday night saint DIDN'T STOP THEM? it was all just a story to entertain?
why the hell didn't someone tell me earlyer?
there is more
but it can wait
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

do_sucol

Post by do_sucol » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:17 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:
James A wrote:Cinema adds where they have people saying how good the film was. Yeah like some paid up censored is going to make me see some pile of censored film
I hate it on trailers for films when they're playing some music in the background, but then when one of the characters does something that's meant to be funny, the music stops playing for a second, they might as well put a big caption on the screen saying 'LAUGH NOW' :evil: Happens in virtually every effing trailer for a comedy film. :evil: Then when you actually see the film, all the jokes fall flat on their arse because you've already heard them 100 times. :evil:

As fa as adverts go, I REALLY hate the 'Compare the Meerkat!...SIMPLES!' one and bloody Churchill....'Oh YES!' 'Oh YES!' 'Oh YES!'..Oh...just feck off, will you. :evil:
The AVG nerd has a video about those "unique" parts of films.

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:24 pm

mohicankid wrote:1/ people who complain that they are fat and how unhappy this makes them, but then completly ignore me when i give them advice!
I used to get that a lot. For almost all my life I could eat and drink anything and not gain any weight at all. And people thought it was a good thing!

But since march ive put on 3 stone and im really happy! Although that might be my Citalopram. :D
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

do_sucol

Post by do_sucol » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Lazy council staff practices

The age old how many council binmen does it take to empty a litter bin?

We had a small two foot tall by one foot wide litter bin just across from our house,and i stood at my window in complete amasment and anger when i watched how many council bods it took to empty it.

Three of them.They pulled up in a very small van thing,all three got out ,one unlocked and opened the bin,the other pulled out the container of rubbish inside and emptied it into the van ,while the third one ,armed with one of those extendable litter grabbers,picked up bits of tat beside the bin. :roll:

But the best bit,they must have got sick of doing this once a week and binned the bin instead. :lol: So i complained to the council ,using a third party website,(and by the name of billy mitchell)and guess what,they brought it back.

FIGHT THE POWER
Last edited by do_sucol on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

do_sucol

Post by do_sucol » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:32 pm

STranger81 wrote:
mohicankid wrote:1/ people who complain that they are fat and how unhappy this makes them, but then completly ignore me when i give them advice!
I used to get that a lot. For almost all my life I could eat and drink anything and not gain any weight at all. And people thought it was a good thing!

But since march ive put on 3 stone and im really happy! Although that might be my Citalopram. :D
SSRI medication,snap!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:41 pm

its not the meds that make you fat, its the fact that they artificialy icrease your appetite as part of the side effects and you subsequently give in, that makes you fat! ;)
you find that when your appetite is increased you tend to snack more and most easy snacks are carbohydrate based! so...no carbs after 4 pm! stick to that one simple rule and obviously exercise, and you wont stack the extra weight on!

but you won't do it!
they never do!
;)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...