Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Black Ridge
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:09 am

I've had a sudden urge recently to play my GC again recently. I blame Shinobi for sending me a few games :wink: Despite thinking I own most of whats worth having on it, I've realised my collection is a little 'lacking'. Think I'll be on the hunt for

F Zero GX
Mario Kart DD
Super Mario Sunshine
Luigis Mansion (never played)
Metroid Prime (never played)
Eternal Darkness

Would love to try Chibi Robo at some point too.

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7099
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by dste » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:32 am

Black Ridge wrote:Luigis Mansion (never played)
Metroid Prime (never played).
Image
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

speedlolita
Posts: 7056
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by speedlolita » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:35 am

Agreed. Prime is the best thing on the Cube.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

User avatar
slacey1070
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 am

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by slacey1070 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:32 am

I'm after f zero too. I picked up Eternal Darkness for £1 in a charity shop last week... A week after I spent a tenner on eBay for it!
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

speedlolita
Posts: 7056
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by speedlolita » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:47 am

Got F-Zero GX in my recent GC blow-out, excellent game. :mrgreen:
Logged out 15/07/2014.

User avatar
slacey1070
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 am

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by slacey1070 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:23 am

I've added super monkey ball and Prime now... Change from a tenner including p &p on eBay.

F zero will probably close out my GC wanted list I think...
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7099
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by dste » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:38 pm

F-Zero GX is one that for some reason I've barely touched.

Think I bought too many Cube games too quickly...
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
nokgod
Posts: 9625
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: The Blackcountry

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by nokgod » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:45 pm

dste wrote:F-Zero GX is one that for some reason I've barely touched.

Think I bought too many Cube games too quickly...

Play it, its certainly one of the best racers on the system.
Image
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7611
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by Shinobi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Black Ridge wrote:I've had a sudden urge recently to play my GC again recently. I blame Shinobi for sending me a few games :wink: Despite thinking I own most of whats worth having on it, I've realised my collection is a little 'lacking'. Think I'll be on the hunt for

F Zero GX
Mario Kart DD
Super Mario Sunshine
Luigis Mansion (never played)
Metroid Prime (never played)
Eternal Darkness

Would love to try Chibi Robo at some point too.
Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness are £2 each in my CEX will pick them up if there still there.. I never liked Eternal Darkness gameplay but it was almost Project Zero disturbing.. What sticks out it some masked guy building a tower human bodies and they where alive when he was pushing them into the cement.. When your character saw him he was like a skeleton wearing a Roman soldiers outfit.. And the world war 2 setting in the church with the wounded british soldiers when you save the nurse and she becomes that Vampire nurse.. Or did I imagine these happening been ages since I played it?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Roo
Posts: 2044
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:29 am

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by Roo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:51 pm

I'm just not a big fan of F-Zero GX. I've tried to get on with it, but I feel it scuppers itself by being much too hard. I was good enough at the SNES original and F-Zero X to complete all the cups on each rank, but I really struggle on Expert mode in GX - and am utterly helpless on the Master difficulty.

~

Just started a new game on The Simpsons Hit & Run. Why this didn't get a sequel is a mystery to me.

EDIT: Those are stunning prices for those two games. I need to haul myself over to a CEX pronto!
Image

User avatar
nokgod
Posts: 9625
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: The Blackcountry

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by nokgod » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:59 pm

Roo wrote:Just started a new game on The Simpsons Hit & Run. Why this didn't get a sequel is a mystery to me.
I loved that game. Really good fun. There's a lot of apathy towards it though, for some reason. Not played it for a while, need to give it another run out :)
Image
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7611
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by Shinobi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:16 pm

Roo wrote:I'm just not a big fan of F-Zero GX. I've tried to get on with it, but I feel it scuppers itself by being much too hard. I was good enough at the SNES original and F-Zero X to complete all the cups on each rank, but I really struggle on Expert mode in GX - and am utterly helpless on the Master difficulty.

~

Just started a new game on The Simpsons Hit & Run. Why this didn't get a sequel is a mystery to me.

EDIT: Those are stunning prices for those two games. I need to haul myself over to a CEX pronto!
Nearly everything in 'CEX' is £3 or less Gamecube wise though Double Dash, Teen Titans(American I'm afraid) and Zelda collection where pricey.. They also had a lot of £1 games Starky and Hutch and all that.. I did waste money on Gamecube Knights of the Temple.. I had Waverace for £2 and Tomb Raider for £4.50
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
slacey1070
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 am

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by slacey1070 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:32 pm

No such deals in the two CEX I visit sadly.....
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

User avatar
Black Ridge
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Shinobi wrote: Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness are £2 each in my CEX will pick them up if there still there..
That would be ace. I picked up 1080 and Wave Race in my local CEX but most other titles are around a tenner like Resi, Mario Kart etc. Im lucky enough to have picked up some of the more expensive titles fairly cheap. Tales of Symphonia was £23 from CEX a few years ago, and Zelda TP was £10 but paid nothing after trading some worthless games to a market stall. Amazed at how pricey some GC games have become. Fire Emblem and Skies of Arcadia reach ridiculous prices at times.

User avatar
Roo
Posts: 2044
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:29 am

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by Roo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:41 pm

The only CEX I have in a fifty mile radius is in Glasgow, and that never seems to house the same sort of bargains as the ones other forumites mention. There's only a few more GameCube games I'm after - perhaps a jaunt to CEX can help plug those gaps. Not been in months, so fingers crossed!
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests