Amstrad 464 cpc emulation.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

PINMAN

Amstrad 464 cpc emulation.

Post by PINMAN » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:05 pm

Hi guys.Could someone suggest a good(easy to use)Amstrad 464 cpc emulator,please.This particular format,is one of only a few,that i haven't attempted emulating,up till now.I've had tons of fun with the more popular systems,such as the C64/Spectrum/GBA etc etc,but i fancied a change,and the Amstrad seemed like a good idea.Any help would be much appreciated :D .
Last edited by PINMAN on Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

william

Post by william » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:31 am

i would recommend the caprice32 emulator as i use that alot and havent had any problems wth any of the games i've ran on it,and you dont really need to know amstrad basic to get the most out of it.
type- cat to catalogue the disk
type- run"filename.bas" to run the program(always run the .bas file as thats usually the loader
type- |cpm if the program dosent load with the run command as some roms are based to the disk version
hope that helps

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:32 am

I use Caprice personally. Just attach a disk image type in CAT then run the bin file. Not the most straight forwward but every game work spot on.

EDIT:BAS BIN I'm hungover.That's my excuse
Last edited by The Last Ginja on Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ritchardo mkII

Post by Ritchardo mkII » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:57 am

I use Caprice mostly myself but I would also recommend Winape if you want to run any of the Plus range.
Am I Not online? Try: www.cpczone.net

PINMAN

Post by PINMAN » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:04 am

Many thanks to all for your suggestions,i'll give both Caprice32 & Winape a try,and see how i get on.I've found myself some games to test out,from two different places,and after checking inside several of the zips,i found out that they are all in .dsk format.......which i assume from that,that's the most popular format to use(or maybe the only one available,even).Anyway,thanks once again for your assistance,i appreciate it.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:13 pm

Caprice is very good (even if it is emulating the Amstrad)