Famous People from your Home Town

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
lanky316
Posts: 1418
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:32 am

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by lanky316 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:29 am

che_don_john wrote:- Carol Vorderman (uber-milf and Rear of the Year)
Liamh1982 wrote:^ Wasn't she born in Prestatyn though?
Wikipedia says Bedford so, yes, she probably was born in Prestatyn!

Also, I need to put my two-pennies worth into this Rear of the Year debate, AKA 'Pippa Middleton media frenzy': Middleton once had a great rear from a certain camera angle, disguising the fact that due to her frail frame she doesn't actually have an arse. That one at the wedding was an optical illusion. Vorderman, on the other hand, has a great arse from any and every angle. That's why she won.

Thank you.
Pffft, Vorderman doesn't even have the best backside for a Countdown numbers girl. That's a different topic though...
Image

User avatar
Liamh1982
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:11 pm
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:49 am

Don't even get me started on Rachel...

User avatar
Mozza
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:50 am

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by Mozza » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Vic Reeves
http://lee-morris.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... yprus.html - Some interesting stuff about Safe-houses in Resident Evil 4, Gameboy game trading, Emo fringes, parallel worlds in the Zelda series, prisons in games, gaming statistics.

User avatar
Katzkatz
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:03 pm
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:Don't even get me started on Rachel...
Hey she has renewed my interest in Countdown! :wink:

User avatar
Liamh1982
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:11 pm
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:13 pm

^ I meant in a good way!

User avatar
eeztheman
Posts: 660
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by eeztheman » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Paul Weller (the modfather) & Rick Parfitt from Status Quo both Woking boys!!!

User avatar
djcarlos
Posts: 4196
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Just outside the Imperial Capital Of Seaford

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by djcarlos » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:39 am

eeztheman wrote:Paul Weller (the modfather) & Rick Parfitt from Status Quo both Woking boys!!!
...and that alien that they turned to metal at the end of War Of The Worlds.

It's ages since I've been to Woking (used to live in Guildford/Farnborough/Fleet/Aldershot), is that Planets place still open?

Last time I was there, I nearly got knocked over by a guy being thrown out through the plate glass window of that place.
Image

User avatar
eeztheman
Posts: 660
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by eeztheman » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:50 am

djcarlos wrote:
...and that alien that they turned to metal at the end of War Of The Worlds.

It's ages since I've been to Woking (used to live in Guildford/Farnborough/Fleet/Aldershot), is that Planets place still open?

Last time I was there, I nearly got knocked over by a guy being thrown out through the plate glass window of that place.
Yeah, it's still there, but called the "Big Apple" - it's still rubbish though!!

User avatar
greenberet79
Posts: 3350
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:37 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:22 am

Nice topic! Some people who went to my school. It's a pretty good list.

Football:
Steven Gerrard
Colin Harvey
Howard Kendall
David Nugent
Jay McEvely

Boxing:
David Price

Actors:
David Morrissey
Paul McGann
Ian Hart
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Mcjarv
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:18 am

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by Mcjarv » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:45 pm

lanky316 wrote:
che_don_john wrote:- Carol Vorderman (uber-milf and Rear of the Year)
Liamh1982 wrote:^ Wasn't she born in Prestatyn though?
Wikipedia says Bedford so, yes, she probably was born in Prestatyn!

Also, I need to put my two-pennies worth into this Rear of the Year debate, AKA 'Pippa Middleton media frenzy': Middleton once had a great rear from a certain camera angle, disguising the fact that due to her frail frame she doesn't actually have an arse. That one at the wedding was an optical illusion. Vorderman, on the other hand, has a great arse from any and every angle. That's why she won.

Thank you.
Pffft, Vorderman doesn't even have the best backside for a Countdown numbers girl. That's a different topic though...
Vorderman should not be included. freaks me out even to think of her owning an arse! she's like 50! its wrong!
my mate always had a thing for Dictionary corner girl, I have no idea what she is called. haha and i mean my mate, not 'a mate err i mean me'.
Last edited by Mcjarv on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
thingonaspring
Posts: 1890
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:43 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by thingonaspring » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:51 pm

i used to live in Fleet. my folks still do. went to college in farnborough too.
doubt anyone famous is from there though... not that i'd call it my home town either :? :lol:

User avatar
Liamh1982
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:11 pm
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Mcjarv wrote:Vorderman should not be included. freaks me out even to think of her owning an arse! she's like 50! its wrong!
my mate always had a thing for Dictionary corner girl, I have no idea what she is called. haha and i mean my mate, not 'a mate err i mean me'.
Susie Dent, you mean.

And so what if Vorderman's 50? She just has a great arse.
Nigella Lawson's 51 - would you kick her out of bed?

User avatar
djcarlos
Posts: 4196
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Just outside the Imperial Capital Of Seaford

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by djcarlos » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:21 pm

thingonaspring wrote:i used to live in Fleet. my folks still do. went to college in farnborough too.
doubt anyone famous is from there though... not that i'd call it my home town either :? :lol:
Did you go to FCOT?
Image

User avatar
thingonaspring
Posts: 1890
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:43 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by thingonaspring » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:46 pm

nope - 6th form - 94-96 :D

User avatar
DigitalDuck
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:04 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, UK if not Gunma, Japan
Contact:

Re: Famous People from your Home Town

Post by DigitalDuck » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:16 am

Liamh1982 wrote:Nigella Lawson's 51 - would you kick her out of bed?
I wouldn't, but the missus probably would.


She's only into younger women.
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest