Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

chewy

Re: Today

Post by chewy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:35 am

Today I go into hospital to find out the extent of my ankle break, and when the op will be.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Today we had some friends round. Got chatting about old games and my mate was going on about Galaxian. Cue MAME and 4 hours later, we've just finished playing :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Today my wife bought a new rug for the front room, the colour and texture of the pile looks exactly to me like someone's skinned the Cookie Monster and laid his pelt out on our living room floor. I like it.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Think I may have just coughed up something I need to live...

The Master

Post by The Master » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:35 pm

Servbot wrote:
delbert_trout wrote:Today, as we're fast approaching 2011, I've decided to send a message of apology to someone I used to be really close friends with for my part in a nasty falling-out we had eighteen months ago and a FB friends request, saying it'd be great if we could let bygones be bygones and continue keeping in contact (she recently sent a couple of happy christmas messages). I've been awake quite a while thinking about it and it wasn't an easy decision to make, since I still feel I don't actually have a great deal to apologise for at all and things were said to me / about me which were very hurtful indeed. But f*ck it - new year, new start and it's pointless holding childish grudges. Actually feel quite chuffed now that I've done it.
Great to hear, very mature :)

I myself, woke up today feeling a lil better, so maybe the worse has passed :) However my dog may have got a little poorly as he left me some suprises! poor thing
I did that. I think, anyway.
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:17 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:Think I may have just coughed up something I need to live...
Oooh, was it like a big chunk of chicken skin but beige and slimy with bloody red threads in it? I coughed up something in the shower last year and was so alarmed I had to show it to my wife before poking it down the plug hole with my toe. It stank and I felt like my head had lost about half a a pound once I'd expelled it. I had sinusitis and it took mega antibiotics to shift it. What did you cough up? Do tell.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Within the last hour I'm seriously considering selling up my xbox 360 as I was close to smashing up a second controller, this'll probably go some way to reducing my blood pressure.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:50 pm

The Mask Seller wrote:
Oooh, was it like a big chunk of chicken skin but beige and slimy with bloody red threads in it? I coughed up something in the shower last year and was so alarmed I had to show it to my wife before poking it down the plug hole with my toe. It stank and I felt like my head had lost about half a a pound once I'd expelled it. I had sinusitis and it took mega antibiotics to shift it. What did you cough up? Do tell.
I was joking about coughing up an organ, but this is still BY FAR the worst cough I have ever had, never had one that actually made me throw up before.

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:55 pm

Been shopping for wife's birthday presents, January is a long month before payday! Having a nap now before cooking some steaks and having some champagne this evening, early New Year's eve!

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:10 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:
The Mask Seller wrote:
I was joking about coughing up an organ, but this is still BY FAR the worst cough I have ever had, never had one that actually made me throw up before.
I had best chest problems a few weeks ago...kept me off work for two whole weeks.

I didn't think I was that ill until MrsCarlos found me collapsed with my lips turning blue :shock:

Went to the doc's and my blood oxygen saturation level was 87. Apparently that's bad.

Took 12 steroid pills and 8 antibiotics a day for ten days to clear that puppy up.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:51 pm

:cry: My car, trusty steed that it is'nt (already waiting for bill for brake adjustment, new Battery, MOT+3 new tyres)Decided to see year out with a splutter.Got 8 miles into jouirney at 04-30, Computer light starts flashing, car loosing power.Oh-Oh, Long story short, 2 coil-packs or something had gone, so yet more added to upcoming bill, i was late in work, worse still, so was my friend (Very sorry Lee) as i was supposed to be picking him up as he'd smacked his up in bad weather.2011...year i get a horse instead?.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Today I went to a funeral in the w.midlands, sped up there in 2 hours, took double that to get back :(
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:35 pm

Someone called my housemate to inform that our place is being sold and we need to find somewhere else before our lease is up in March. Guess I'll be spending the new year apartment hunting again...

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:33 pm

Last day of holiday's, can't wait to get back, the 'business' end of the year regards teaching. Out for a meal with my nan now and she stayed up up until midnight on NYE, she rocks!

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Stayed round my dad's place last night and we were woken at 6:30 this morning by the deafening fire alarm. Assumed it was just on the blink at first but couldn't switch the f*cker off in the flat, and we had a look in the main hallway for a switch to shut it off. Noticed the neighbour upstairs, who we thought was out for the night, had all his lights on and his door unlocked (and could now smell some burning) so decided to go up and see if he was alright. His oven had clearly been on for bloody ages with a long-cremated pizza in there, and there he was on the sofa in his living-room spaced out of his brain on weed. How the alarm didn't rouse him is beyond me... :lol:
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.