Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sega2006

Re: Today

Post by Sega2006 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:53 am

So was I, I was still running 4 hours a week as a cleaner which I'd acctually financially been better off dropping as it took chunk out of the final benifit as with fuel etc it canceled out any extra money, however being that I acctually preferred earning my own money and it was a good reference I stayed running (plus a dam site more moral and reliable), no idea what became of where I was sent as the offices got sold off to someone else and the other training place has been redeveloped into what was meant to be affordable flats but now is luxury flats to appease commuters often as a secondary home to cut their commute.
Watching you sleep since 1990

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:22 am

Yeah ive looked at jobs like that (qualified cleaner and that)
Its really not worth it to travel to the other side of town for a job thats two hours a day for 4 days a week at minimum wage.
Think a bit of a falling is when you check out company reviews and most of them are negative.
Nearly took on a job at the Amazon warehouse till I read up on it

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:53 am

DPrinny wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:22 am
Yeah ive looked at jobs like that (qualified cleaner and that)
Its really not worth it to travel to the other side of town for a job thats two hours a day for 4 days a week at minimum wage.
Think a bit of a falling is when you check out company reviews and most of them are negative.
Nearly took on a job at the Amazon warehouse till I read up on it
Yeah Amazon UK have come under a lot of critisim for working conditions in their warehouses, drivings not to bad though if you can get a license, I acctually kept that cleaning job until I got hurt as I really liked it and it was a good booster but yeah economics come into play with the commute and it's a possibility what happened to me was because of I was working too much (I'd just gone from 4 jobs to 3 and was sometimes running from 6 or 7 in the morning into the early hours of the next morning with very few days off) so multiple jobs arent always and option either.
Watching you sleep since 1990

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:04 pm

Today I got a council tax "You have over paid" letter

Nearly £300, Ive learnt how to not spend so im happy to have it sit in my account as more emergency money.

I also yesterday did loads of assessment tests, most of the maths one is stupid ive never had to do a (9-4) 3x19 problem IRL
Same with Algebra, never had to work out what X was unless it was some files...............