Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

User avatar
dste
Posts: 6966
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: Today

Post by dste » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:35 am
Or not. I never got on with mine, he was a moany old man who never explained things very well and expected learning by rote, but I passed first time. The strict 'just do as I say' element probably helped. He has a very good pass rate.
Oh aye, I don't necessarily mean that the instructor has to be friendley and chatty, just that pratty feels comfortable driving in a car with them. My instructor on a personal level wasn't fantastic but I trusted him to teach me well.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

pratty
Posts: 5033
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: Today

Post by pratty » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:46 am

dste wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:48 pm
pratty wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:19 pm
Got my provisional drivers leicence, so will be startign lessons soon. Not gonna lie, quite nervous about it. :|
Good luck. Make sure you find an instructor that you are comfortable with.
Thanks. That's the stage I'm at now, looking at a few instructor's websites trying to workout who to go with. Recommendations from friends etc aren't always that helpful because everybody pretty much recommends their instructor.
Pratty's trade list, updated (June 2018)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

User avatar
tachi
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:47 pm
Location: Dartmoor
Contact:

Re: Today

Post by tachi » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:29 am

Today we're at Lifton farm to see Magic Martin, pick pumpkins and have lunch. My daughter just won the fancy dress competition so has won some little things to keep her quiet at the dinner table which is a godsend.
Tonight, fireworks in the village and no doubt food poisoning from the hotdog man :)
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

User avatar
Tom_Baker
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: Today

Post by Tom_Baker » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:44 pm

Today I prefer yesterday but who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Image

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Today

Post by sscott » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:24 pm

Found out my 40yr old brother died on Friday unexpectedly. After my nan and then my dad this is part of my life that can just sod off. Went up on the weekend to see my mum and sister who are literally the only close family I have left.
Image

User avatar
Crusty Starfish
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:38 am

Re: Today

Post by Crusty Starfish » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:28 pm

sscott wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:24 pm
Found out my 40yr old brother died on Friday unexpectedly. After my nan and then my dad this is part of my life that can just sod off. Went up on the weekend to see my mum and sister who are literally the only close family I have left.
Blimey! That's not a good age to pass away. Hope you are ok! :(

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6021
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Re: Today

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:46 pm

sscott wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:24 pm
Found out my 40yr old brother died on Friday unexpectedly. After my nan and then my dad this is part of my life that can just sod off. Went up on the weekend to see my mum and sister who are literally the only close family I have left.
I'm sorry for your loss, hope you're alright as you've always been a good forum member.


Today I finally bought a Famicom and SNES, despite being born in 1990 I've never had the chance to play an actual SNES as everyone I knew went Sega then Playstation, Nintendo was relegated to the humble Gameboy.
I've now got to figure out how to get the Famicom to talk to one of my TV's when it arrives and hope I can use the controllers in my Saucepan hands.
Watching you sleep since 1990

pratty
Posts: 5033
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: Today

Post by pratty » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Sorry to hear that sscott, all the best to you and your family.
Pratty's trade list, updated (June 2018)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Today

Post by sscott » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:51 pm

Thx for comments guys. Funeral on Thursday. Dreading it
Image

stayAwhile
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Today

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:38 pm

sscott wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:51 pm
Thx for comments guys. Funeral on Thursday. Dreading it
I haad 2 deaths this year i missed my uncles funeral in september as myy dad was going to let me know the date but died at least a couple days before and was found the day after due to not attending. funerals are tough but that's why it's important to have the wake following to have sometime with family.

I'm currently awaiting results of 2 coroners reports, luckly my other uncle is helping close the estate but untill it's all done it's hard to achive closer.

good luck sscott just try keep busy it's all you can do really
This guy are sick

User avatar
the_hawk
Posts: 5773
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Today

Post by the_hawk » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Awful news Scott, really sorry to hear this.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Today

Post by sscott » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:32 pm

stayAwhile wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:38 pm
sscott wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:51 pm
Thx for comments guys. Funeral on Thursday. Dreading it
I haad 2 deaths this year i missed my uncles funeral in september as myy dad was going to let me know the date but died at least a couple days before and was found the day after due to not attending. funerals are tough but that's why it's important to have the wake following to have sometime with family.

I'm currently awaiting results of 2 coroners reports, luckly my other uncle is helping close the estate but untill it's all done it's hard to achive closer.

good luck sscott just try keep busy it's all you can do really
Sorry to hear that mate. Getting older sucks for many reasons. It seems you stop going to births and weddings and they become funerals.
Image

stayAwhile
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Today

Post by stayAwhile » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:09 pm

sscott wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:32 pm
stayAwhile wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:38 pm
sscott wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:51 pm
Thx for comments guys. Funeral on Thursday. Dreading it
I haad 2 deaths this year i missed my uncles funeral in september as myy dad was going to let me know the date but died at least a couple days before and was found the day after due to not attending. funerals are tough but that's why it's important to have the wake following to have sometime with family.

I'm currently awaiting results of 2 coroners reports, luckly my other uncle is helping close the estate but untill it's all done it's hard to achive closer.

good luck sscott just try keep busy it's all you can do really
Sorry to hear that mate. Getting older sucks for many reasons. It seems you stop going to births and weddings and they become funerals.
too true mate but i hope tommorow goes as well as can be expected for you(or was it last thursday i forget now)
This guy are sick

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Today

Post by sscott » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:01 pm

Somehow managed to deliver my eulogy at my brothers funeral on Thursday. Seeing my mum grieve was almost more than I could stand. Hopefully will feel better in the next few weeks.
Image

stayAwhile
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Today

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:40 pm

sscott wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:01 pm
Somehow managed to deliver my eulogy at my brothers funeral on Thursday. Seeing my mum grieve was almost more than I could stand. Hopefully will feel better in the next few weeks.
my dad's eulogy was written by the family but read by the minister that said his 2 surviving brothers each read a poem.

hopefully things will get easier for you now but it's always going to be hard
This guy are sick

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests