Games you wouldnt part with

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

helmetfan02

Games you wouldnt part with

Post by helmetfan02 » Fri May 01, 2009 11:41 am

hi there

i am new to retro gamer having signed up a couple of days ago so i thought i would say hi by starting a few topics

what games would you not part with for love or money? and while we are here, what games do you wish you could own?

Rinoa

Re: Games you wouldnt part with

Post by Rinoa » Fri May 01, 2009 11:44 am

I wouldn't part with my Squaresoft / Square Enix collection for the world! To be honest, I would be hard pressed to part with most of my games.

Welcome to the forum!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri May 01, 2009 11:48 am

Rinoa wrote:To be honest, I would be hard pressed to part with most of my games.
I stopped parting with my games back when I had a SNES. I traded in a couple of games once to get newer titles (had to do it back then as my pocket money didn't allow me to buy new games at full price much...) but ended up missing the old games and buying them back later. I know now that as soon as I get rid of a game I'm only going to want to play it next week (or remind myself of how rubbish it was :lol: )
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri May 01, 2009 11:50 am

I'd never part with my entire Megaman collection, no matter how much I could get for it.

Saying that I wouldn't part with any part of my games collection, I love it all dearly and really wouldn't sell any of it unless I absolutely had to (and even then it would be a last resort)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

helmetfan02

Post by helmetfan02 » Fri May 01, 2009 11:50 am

I know how you mean,i dont have many square/enix games but i wouldnt part with them either, final fantasy 7 and 8 being my favorites

i wouldnt part with skies of arcadia, i have both the dreamcast and gamecube versions, actually i wouldnt part with most of my dreamcast collection

helmetfan02

Post by helmetfan02 » Fri May 01, 2009 11:55 am

i wouldnt part with any of my older games but i dont mind trading in current gen games unless i really enjoyed them

2 examples of this would be soulcalibur 4 and valkyria chronicles, both on the ps3

i have traded pretty much the rest of them in, oh speaking of sales i am selling my copy of street fighter 4 for the ps3, i tried but i cant get into it, i also have a spare copy of zelda,the wind waker for sale too if anbody is interested. Both games are in great condition and the zelda one is the limited edition double disc version with occarina of time.

another game i wouldnt part with is powerstone 2

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Fri May 01, 2009 12:05 pm

None of them, I sold my C64 collection about 10 or 12 years back and regretted it ever since :cry:

Edit: I also sold my Gameboy collection too for stupid money, I had a look on ebay the other night for a few of the games I had, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest now sells for over £50 :shock: , so that's one game I'll never get back :cry:
Last edited by SexyWayne on Fri May 01, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helmetfan02

Post by helmetfan02 » Fri May 01, 2009 12:09 pm

i did go through a period of getting one console and then selling them on to get another.
now i am buying them up and keeping the ones i really enjoy, i am selling my megadrive and i sold my saturn last year, i didnt think the games where that good on the whole

harlequ1n

Post by harlequ1n » Fri May 01, 2009 12:25 pm

I once thought of selling all my PS2 games and just focus on my 360 and Wii, but then I thought about the almost obscene ammount of great games the PS2 has and that made stop me eBaying them at the very last moment. My most beloved set of games are the now complete Resident Evil series (missing Code Veronica but I've got it for the PS2 anyway) for the GC.

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Fri May 01, 2009 12:47 pm

I could never be without a copy of The Way of the Exploding Fist, Suspended and Elite.

Darthhelmet

Post by Darthhelmet » Fri May 01, 2009 12:50 pm

I happly get rid off alot of my newer games when I get bored of them, or no longer play them. My new PS1 and SNES collection is not going anywhere. Nor is my copy of the Warriors, ever, and I mean ever, I love that game.
Don't hate the gnome, hate the game.
I'm so embarrassed, I wish everyone else was dead. - Bender

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri May 01, 2009 12:55 pm

I never ditch anything - not even the stuff I don't like /aren't into. I don't actively buy games I have no interest in playing but if they should somehow find their way into my collection then I'll still keep them.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Dam

Post by Dam » Fri May 01, 2009 1:39 pm

helmetfan02 wrote:i did go through a period of getting one console and then selling them on to get another.
now i am buying them up and keeping the ones i really enjoy, i am selling my megadrive and i sold my saturn last year, i didnt think the games where that good on the whole
Thats exactly what I used to do, as a kid I was only allowed one console. Back in the day I sold my snes to buy a megadrive mainly because I thought the mega-cd was going to be massive!

The games I would never sell now are my resident evil and castlevania games, although TBH I rarely play them these days...

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Fri May 01, 2009 1:40 pm

will never get rid of my copy of Bioshock for the xbox 360, this was the game that changed my perception of modern games as i was predominantly retro before hand. plus its the Big Daddy collectors edition which still looks superb.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Zenx the wolf

Post by Zenx the wolf » Fri May 01, 2009 2:02 pm

I'd never part with my copies of Vib Ribbon and Alundra for the PS1, seeing that both games are fun as hell but now also rare and expensive, almost as much as Tombi!, which is also fun to play.