What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

pratty

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by pratty » Tue May 07, 2019 11:26 pm

Finished the first season of Fauda on Netflix. Really good, gripping stuff.

Spy Game, seen it a few times now and I still enjoy it.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
[url]viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823[/url

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Sat May 11, 2019 2:38 pm

watched the Ted Bundy film with Zac Effron...the wife loves all this type of stuff. Was more a character based film, so some people may be dissapointed with lack of, shall we say, gore or murders seen. Its not a topic I find interesting but this was actually decent, Effron shows a side of acting never witnessed before for him and he potrays the whole "gentleman psycho" perfectly. The court scenes and the whole media circus are great viewing, John Malcovich (sp) plays the judge and has some genuine funny moments, banter with Bundy, that raises a chuckle. I wouldnt say its rush out to view movie, but if you get a chance stick it on.

Attempting bohemian rhapsody tonight.....
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon May 13, 2019 6:13 pm

Detective pikachu with my son. Not for adults and found it dull.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:06 am

The Vanishing (Gerald Butler)

Paid for this dull rubbish, 3 guys in a lighthouse who seem to go a bit mad. I should have realised how dull it was the second i realised it was 3 guys in a lighthouse ! Wifes choice and this is why shes constantly banned from choosing.

I purposely watched it to the end as i had paid £4 for it ;) Could have been decent but found it so dull.

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue May 14, 2019 9:33 am

I really enjoyed the latest GOT episode, which seems to be dividing people. Yeah you can pick holes in it but I found it exciting to just go with.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Thought it was great also, what holes are they picking ? Actually better not post ! But yeah you'll never please the masses.

Mentioned to my friend earlier its a bittersweet moment next week for the final episode. Gutted itll be over !!!

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue May 14, 2019 4:26 pm

psj3809 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:58 pm
Thought it was great also, what holes are they picking ? Actually better not post ! But yeah you'll never please the masses.
Without getting into specifics mostly certain things being a bit too convenient, and some characters not behaving as people wanted/expected. I think a lot of the latter is just people letting their own hopes and theories get in the way of enjoying the reality of the writer's vision, we see it in gaming too, such as games that never existed not being announced at E3. I don't think the writing's been perfect this season by any means, but it's not stopped me enjoying the show.

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Mon May 20, 2019 10:16 pm

by the way, spoilers
so don't look down

MAG
NIFICENT

to end an epic series

but never truly end it

MY QUEEN ..... FOREVER .....

after the utter destruction of the long night and the day of fire and I ******* CALLED IT DROGON FRYING THE IRON THRONE BACK TO HELL WHERE IT CAME FROM! he knew what was up ..... where he'll take his mom is quite a question ..... like so many other things!

new kings landing, the comedy part of the show :D and the new king ..... BRANN THE BLOODY BLUNT!
ayra's quest not to fall of the edge of the world
the new green and pleasant land of the wildlings
a FASCINATING grey worm trying to keep everything together, barely holding onto sanity and pure raw hatred! could literally PHYSICALLY see him work things out
the north .....

basically jon was in a total no win situation, a true loyal person, heartbreaking ..... but the start of the episode was almost as much as, the silence as tyrion walked through the keep, and into the dragon heads tomb .....

brilliantly subtle
achingly heartfelt
absolutely astounding
from epic to minute

and from brienne writing I WAS HERE ;) but lovely her scribing jaime's history too

amazing really, the tv show meta's the books, and the bloody tv show goes and meta's the books!!!
it opens it up beautifully, to give all those new possible directions AND we have spinoffs coming too, westeros ain't going anywhere folks
;)

it's like some neverending story .....

a better world

and a distant rumble somewhere

GOODBYE WESTEROS

or have a brothel ON a ship!
two birds with one stone!!!
:mrgreen: