What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by Megamixer » Wed May 13, 2020 3:05 pm

Unlocked all of the characters for Streets of Rage 4 so I'm considering it "completed", even though I will continue going back to it.

It is a very, very great game BUT it is utter bollox that the sprites for Max, Shiva and Roo/Victy exist in the game but you CAN'T unlock them. It's a bit of a kick in the balls when you can unlock SoR2 Max and SoR3 Shiva but not the SoR4 versions. I assumed that you WOULD so I was disappointed after grinding all of those points and finding that the opposite is true.

I have heard that the devs were under time constraints and that these things were planned, as well as a playable Estel. Also, looking at the concept art, there are loads of revamped classic SoR enemies that didn't make the cut so I assume that the same fate applied to them too.

I'm guessing paid DLC will come to the rescue at some point!!!

That aside, it is a fantastic game, with an art style that I can't get enough. Worth the wait.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed May 20, 2020 6:25 am

Endless ocean 2, not a long game, not even a hard game, but an enjoyable relaxing game (Until that last bit)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat May 23, 2020 11:29 am

Royal Pro wrestling on 3DO

An average wrestling game

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat May 23, 2020 4:58 pm

Overlord Wii
It needs to be on a system with more power as the frame rate tends to tank, bit short

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue May 26, 2020 2:11 pm

A-am I the only one completing games?

Red Steel 2, now thats how you take a crap game and improve everything about it to create something truly great.
Last boss was a bit lame, had more trouble with the guy before him

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed May 27, 2020 11:27 am

DPrinny wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:11 pm
Red Steel 2, now thats how you take a crap game and improve everything about it to create something truly great.
Yes, that was a great game that really sold me on Motion+. Too bad not enough games took advantage of it.

But I did prefer the setting of the first Red Steel, shooting up offices and gangsters etc. If only that game had had the M+ compatibility.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed May 27, 2020 1:17 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:27 am
DPrinny wrote:
Yes, that was a great game that really sold me on Motion+. Too bad not enough games took advantage of it.

But I did prefer the setting of the first Red Steel, shooting up offices and gangsters etc. If only that game had had the M+ compatibility.
If only the first was actully good and the combat was more than waggle like a mad man

These games are also not left hander friendly

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu May 28, 2020 2:45 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:17 pm
Megamixer wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:27 am
DPrinny wrote:

If only the first was actully good and the combat was more than waggle like a mad man

These games are also not left hander friendly
Have you gotten into Bikini Zombie Slayers yet? That game is a damn workout. Just couldn't be arsed with it after a while. Glad that there were PS3/PS4 sequels with NORMAL bloody controls.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu May 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:45 pm
Have you gotten into Bikini Zombie Slayers yet? That game is a damn workout. Just couldn't be arsed with it after a while. Glad that there were PS3/PS4 sequels with NORMAL bloody controls.
Yeah I got it, also got rid of it as the controls did my head in, it didnt seem as bad as Samurai Warriors, that game will give me wankers wrist