What did you buy at the carboot today ??

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

dste

Re: What did you buy at the carboot today ??

Post by dste » Thu May 17, 2018 9:22 pm

I keep meaning to pop to the one about ten minutes away in a giant field but I never get round to it. Last time I went a couple of years ago I spent around a tenner and came away with a very nice bundle of stuff.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun May 20, 2018 9:32 pm

In the boot sale I got 10 vintage Star Wars Figures 2 each including a Storm Trooper Tuscan Raiders and 2 Last 17 complete Lando and lose Ewok

4 WWF figures for £1 Hulk Racist, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Martel and The Rock. Also got Doink the Clown going to dye his hair from Green to Ginger

Barbie on X box 20p
Summer Olympics 360 20p
Count Duckula complete series 20p
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Mon May 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Nice pickups this week at the car boot sale! Some for my collection and some will be going on ebay.

PS3 controllers, £25 the lot, no leads

PS2 Slim Console only, £5, SNES games £10, GBA SP £10

GBC & Games, £10

Bundle of bits from 20p -£1 each

And my most expensive Car Boot purchase ever, Mega CD & Megadrive Game bundle, £100, the Mega Cd is MINT condition with mint inserts, also has the expensive and rare 'The Terminator' game with it.

Paul

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:13 pm

Nothing :cry: not had a find in months :!:
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:28 am

Well the season has ended for carboots for a while where I live and I have to say its been the worse year ever for retro goodie finds for me!

The most significant find for me was a box of almost mint Acetronic boxed carts bought for a tenner, but that's it really.
I think most seem to be selling either online or maybe the supply has just outstripped demand.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:23 am

I think most seem to be selling either online or maybe the supply has just outstripped demand.
I think its a bit of both, its far to easy to look stuff up on a smart phone now. Most of the boots I have been to this year were full of people buying to to resell online. Even the local charity shops I donate too they can tell you who is going to buy all the baby clothes, all the video games, all the jewelry. Its like everyone is buying just to sell on these days
Rocky

Image Image

dste

Post by dste » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:58 pm

Went to the local one in the massive field a couple of months ago and came away with absolutely nothing, not a single thing. My partner and kids bought a couple of items but sod all for me in the way of gaming stuff.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:35 pm

Went to the local one in the massive field a couple of months ago and came away with absolutely nothing, not a single thing. My partner and kids bought a couple of items but sod all for me in the way of gaming stuff.
Its getting more and more like that every year :(
Rocky

Image Image

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:12 am

rocky1980 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:23 am
I think its a bit of both, its far to easy to look stuff up on a smart phone now. Most of the boots I have been to this year were full of people buying to to resell online. Even the local charity shops I donate too they can tell you who is going to buy all the baby clothes, all the video games, all the jewelry. Its like everyone is buying just to sell on these days

Yes most Charities are very savvy nowadays when it comes to values, lots have people out back who specifically trawl EBAY and other sites for values ,and most Charities have an EBAY site to sell the stuff on too.

Plus the fact that most people/volunteers get first dibs at all the good stuff.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:41 pm

Got my first bargain in yonks in our local charity shop. I picked up Super Mario 64 DS for a quid. The woman behind the counter said it was actually 2 games for a pound at the minute, but there was nothing much else there & besides I felt bad enough as it was getting it for a quid so I didn't want to feel like I was robbing the place by taking another game.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue