Gaming predictions for 2015

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RodimusPrime

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:48 pm

ALK wrote:
outdated_gamer wrote:
sscott wrote:IA new IP from Nintendo would be welcome
They're making Splatoon, a pretty crazy-looking third-person shooter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDnfzfBDedE

There was also The Wonderful 101 which wasn't made directly by Nintendo but is a new Nintendo IP regardless.
Also that Codename Steam game for 3DS coming this year too.

they also have 2 games in development as well, provisionally titled project Guard and project Giant robot.

also secured Devils third as an exclusive.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:29 am

gman72 wrote:
Matt_B wrote:Yes, and can you stop taking the bait? He's trolling you like a pro.
perhaps but he really does keep derailing threads with his PC master race rubbish.
Can you point to one where he's been the instigator then? I can't readily think of any.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:36 am

Matt_B wrote:
gman72 wrote:
Matt_B wrote:Yes, and can you stop taking the bait? He's trolling you like a pro.
perhaps but he really does keep derailing threads with his PC master race rubbish.
Can you point to one where he's been the instigator then? I can't readily think of any.
All of them. The only reason you can't see it is because you agree with every single nonsense thing he says and that is also the reason you are trying to defend him. In fact the main differences between you both is that you only post PC master race twaddle every third or fourth post instead of every single post.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:50 am

gman72 wrote:All of them. The only reason you can't see it is because you agree with every single nonsense thing he says and that is also the reason you are trying to defend him. In fact the main differences between you both is that you only post PC master race twaddle every third or fourth post instead of every single post.
You really ought to see someone about that inferiority complex. :D

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:38 am

Matt_B wrote:
gman72 wrote:All of them. The only reason you can't see it is because you agree with every single nonsense thing he says and that is also the reason you are trying to defend him. In fact the main differences between you both is that you only post PC master race twaddle every third or fourth post instead of every single post.
No, You should. Its people who insist on having to try and prove something they like as the best in every conversation to try and valdate their own viewpoint is the one with inferiority issues.

My personal viewpoint is that PCs are awful as a manin gaming platform, luckily I am happy to acknowledgde that people have diffrent tastes and I can accept some people prefer PCs.

Only difference is I am comfortable enough with my choice to not squeeze in anti-PC posts from out of nowhere. I will however respond to little children who have confidence issues and try and bash console gaming to somehow make themselves feel better.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:55 am

As somebody mentioned earlier I'll be looking forward to the next Gears game, at which point I'll have to get an Xbox One.
Splink!

PostieDoc

Post by PostieDoc » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:23 am

felgekarp wrote:As somebody mentioned earlier I'll be looking forward to the next Gears game, at which point I'll have to get an Xbox One.
Have they announced a new Gears Of War game?
I only played number 2 but it was great fun in co-op.
Maybe I should give GOW 3 a try.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:37 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
Matt_B wrote:
No, You should. Its people who insist on having to try and prove something they like as the best in every conversation to try and valdate their own viewpoint is the one with inferiority issues.

My personal viewpoint is that PCs are awful as a manin gaming platform, luckily I am happy to acknowledgde that people have diffrent tastes and I can accept some people prefer PCs.

Only difference is I am comfortable enough with my choice to not squeeze in anti-PC posts from out of nowhere. I will however respond to little children who have confidence issues and try and bash console gaming to somehow make themselves feel better.
Since when have I ever said anything like that at all?

I can't speak for outdated_gamer, whose main crime still appears to be feeding the trolls, but I'd think anyone who's paid the slightest attention to what I've posted on here ought to be able to figure out that I enjoy both console and PC games and that any division between the two is largely artificial.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:48 am

Matt_B wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:
Matt_B wrote:

My personal viewpoint is that PCs are awful as a main gaming platform, luckily I am happy to acknowledgde that people have diffrent tastes and I can accept some people prefer PCs.

Since when have I ever said anything like that at all?

I can't speak for outdated_gamer, whose main crime still appears to be feeding the trolls, but I'd think anyone who's paid the slightest attention to what I've posted on here ought to be able to figure out that I enjoy both console and PC games and that any division between the two is largely artificial.

Its annoying, and its massive hypocrisy to boot.

There is a thread about PSN being down over christmas, now this had the potential to spoil a lot of peoples christmas, especially kids.

I don't own a PS4 but I dont need to, to feel annoyed on their behalf. Yet what do we get within a few posts. A PC owner claiming that This is proof that everyone should move to PC gaming. Then Outdated gamer proclaiming that he feels sorry for all those console gamers while he is quite happily playing on Steam.

There was 0 need for it, it was pathetic and uncalled for. Not to mention Hypocrisy of the highest order. To mention Steam after all the eraly problems that had. With the half life 2 debacle, PC owners were up in arms and proclaiming steam as the worst thing to happen to PC gfaming and signaled the death of the PC as a gaming platform. Yeah so a bit of selective history there then, lets just pretend there has never been any issues on PC while mocking issues with PSN. Like I said, Pathetic.

should we mention the likes of Sim City, Diablo III etc. No I thought not.

PostieDoc

Post by PostieDoc » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:03 am

To be fair to Matt_B he comments on a lot of systems, both positively and negatively.
He has never struck me as an elitist and shouldn't be labelled one just because he likes PC games.

Outdated_gamer has derailed threads recently with his whole PC is better thing.
Whether he is just trying to be funny or not he needs to stop. Talk about the pros and cons of the threads subject instead.

Matt_B did say that IK+ was better on Atari ST than Amiga though, for which he should be flamed to hell and back! :twisted:

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:13 am

PostieDoc wrote:
Outdated_gamer has derailed threads recently with his whole PC is better thing.
Whether he is just trying to be funny or not he needs to stop. Talk about the pros and cons of the threads subject instead.
It's fairly obvious to most people... but Matt can't see it...

In all fairness Matt is nowhere near as bad as you-know-who. Not even close but the fact that he can't see you-know-who's twaddle is very telling.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:28 am

Talking about gaming on the PC I wonder when SteamOS is coming out? I've got windows 10 installed on a partition at the 'mo but the free preview runs out in April. I was gonna put SteamOS there, but it's all gone a bit quiet on the SteamOS front.
Scott me up beamie!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:32 am

ive just got a laptop with an i7 processor and 8gb of ram... what can i play on that?

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:45 am

gman72 wrote:ive just got a laptop with an i7 processor and 8gb of ram... what can i play on that?
Minesweeper should work OK with the resolution turned down! ;)

Analog

Post by Analog » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:51 am

gman72 wrote:ive just got a laptop with an i7 processor and 8gb of ram... what can i play on that?
assuming your not joking, I posted it another thread but shadowrun dragonfall directors cut is an amazing game, its playable on most pc platforms including tablets. hearthstone is also getting great reviews, if you like card games like magic the gathering ,you could try that, its also free.