Gaming predictions for 2015

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

outdated_gamer

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by outdated_gamer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:58 pm

PostieDoc wrote:The PC vs Console thing wasn't aimed at you Nemesis.
It is Outdated Gamer who keeps derailing threads with his PC Master Race rubbish.
I only responded to Halcyon's statement that "PC is censored". :wink:

While he's entitled to his opinion I think he needs to back that statement of his with some plausible arguments else it just seems he either has no PC, has a weak/older one and/or is envious of those who have a decently powered one. :wink:

Misery wrote:
outdated_gamer wrote: - Peter Molyneux will announce a proper spiritual successor to Black & White. It will be exclusive to PC platform, with possible console versions following afterwards.
Dont forget the bit about announcements of lofty ideas that he says *will* be in said game yet either arent, or are extremely underwhelming once it comes out.

And I keep wondering about all this talk of Nintendo putting out another console much too soon... is this something that's confirmed at this point? Or just a pile of rumors?
Well he does seem to have a new "God" game in the works, titled Godus which is in early beta state on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/232810/

Apparently the early feedback is not too positive. Nintendo most certainly are already working on their next system the question is just when they'll announce it and what features will it have. I'd say the Wii U still has atleast two years of life left but then a new system will probably replace it. We're probably heading towards smaller life cycles for consoles. Truth be told, the last gen chugged along for far too long which also limited the games themselves. Although a future forcused on graphics is not a future I personally wish to see. That's why I'm more interested in games that actually push gameplay into areas unexplored.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:59 pm

PostieDoc wrote:
I was a little surprised by your cheap Alienware Steambox thingy prediction though, given their reputation for being amongst the most expensive PC makers.
Yeah, I think when there were the last lot of reveals about SM's, some tech sites were speculating that Alienware were due to release a competitively priced SM console in line with the PS4/XB1. Probably unlikely from Alienware themselves but it is believed that there will be a couple of versions priced around the £350-£400 ballpark.
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:06 pm

sscott wrote:Ugh, this thread depresses me.
me too. Although im not sure if it is depressing us for the same reasons. For me it's the grim and jaded outlook and in some cases clear contempt that some of these guys have for modern gaming.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:13 pm

Nemesis wrote: Rare release significant XB1 game that has nothing to do with Kinnect.
I'd like to see that. :wink:

I think the last such game they made was Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise back in 2008. Since then they made nothing but Kinect Sports. Even the new KI wasn't made by them and it's a Rare franchise. I'm not sure who's to blame tho, either MS' higher-ups don't see the gold they have in their hands or the video game market has really changed so much that nothing but CoD, Ass.Creed, FIFA and GTA sells anymore... :wink:

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:03 pm

Elite Dangerous for PS4/XBOne
Visual Novels will continue to creep their way onto Steam
Doom will end up feeling a bit too 'modern' for its own good, at least for those that want a real return to basics
Devil's Third will be a hilariously shoddy mess, rather than the Second Coming Itagaki groupies are hoping for

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:58 pm

outdated_gamer wrote:
Nemesis wrote: Rare release significant XB1 game that has nothing to do with Kinnect.
I'd like to see that. :wink:

I think the last such game they made was Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise back in 2008. Since then they made nothing but Kinect Sports. Even the new KI wasn't made by them and it's a Rare franchise. I'm not sure who's to blame tho, either MS' higher-ups don't see the gold they have in their hands or the video game market has really changed so much that nothing but CoD, Ass.Creed, FIFA and GTA sells anymore... :wink:
Hell, I'll take Viva Pinata 3 over any Kinect game any day.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

van

Post by van » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:56 pm

Last Guardian

Lucretia for PC Engine.

More rehashed garbage from current generation.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:18 pm

Japanese games to become more dominant. Bloodbourne, FF15, MGS5, Zelda, Persona 5, Silent Hills, Xenoblade, Starfox etc, there are some big games coming this year. Western publishers, especially Ubisoft, seem to be falling out of favour and have failed to adapt to changes in tastes.

Uncharted 4 to be a bit of a let down.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:10 pm

PS4 and Xbone to consolidate their positions in the market (the issues with the PSN 'hack' this past week will not be enough to allow MS to overhaul the near 7 million unit lead globally that the PS4 has).

WiiU to continue to plod along in comfortable 3rd place, making money for Nintendo and seeing a steady stream of quality 1st party releases.

1 major annual franchise to suffer a major sales setback (based on the sales trends, this will most likely be COD).

Half Life 3 still won't be seen.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:41 pm

A new gears of war will be released and be as good as any of the first three and make me buy a xo.

The new cod will bring back the demolition game mode to the multiplayer modes.Also will have redoing of the Nuketown map.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:07 pm

Sony will revise the PS4 joypad to make it last longer than a few months :P

Eat your nans pants

Analog

Post by Analog » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:05 pm

xboxone sales continue to improve and gain larger market share.
AAA titles will continue to be released in a broken state aside from nintendo games.
sony will put out h1z1 on pc and continue to delay the ps4 version of planetside 2.
new 3ds will be released in europe and north america.
more developments in 4k gaming.
amiibos will be in high demand.
people will eventually calm down about tomb raider exclusivity.

would like to happen (probably zero chance of happening lol);
crash bandicoot hd collection remasters (bit of a long title but hey it will be great!) , followed by a new one in the series. 8)
nintendo finally make a follow up to the gameboy player so you can play ds/3ds on the wii u. :mrgreen:

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:25 am

Sel Feena wrote:Elite Dangerous for PS4/XBOne
yes please. and as its only a 32 player instance how about cross platform? I'd love to put it down on my PC and pick it up on my Xbone.

My prediction, that won't happen.

Also Windows 10 going subscription just like xbox live.
Scott me up beamie!

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:34 am

Scratch_Porkings wrote:Also Windows 10 going subscription just like xbox live.
I bloody hope not, but the writing seems to be on the wall with Office where they now expect you to pay $100 a year where you'd previously just pay that for the lifetime of the product. Still, the days of getting a cheap OEM copy and re-using it for a decade as you upgrade your hardware are probably numbered.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:56 am

outdated_gamer wrote:
PostieDoc wrote:The PC vs Console thing wasn't aimed at you Nemesis.
It is Outdated Gamer who keeps derailing threads with his PC Master Race rubbish.
I only responded to Halcyon's statement that "PC is censored". :wink:
Yes, and can you stop taking the bait? He's trolling you like a pro.