Gaming predictions for 2015

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Post Reply
LAIS
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by LAIS » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:25 am

So, 2014 has been a divisive year for video games...what do you think will happen in 2015? Make a few predictions, and you can look back in a year's time and see if you were right...

* Fallout 4 will FINALLY be announced, but won't be released until 2016 - I very nearly wrote "Fallout 4 WON'T be announced this year" but naive, blind hope has made me go with this one. C'mon Bethesda. Please...?

* The Xbox One will overtake the PS4 in overall sales - Sony lost a lot of good will with its bad communication during the hacking situation, whilst Microsoft seem to have emerged relatively unscathed. I think 2015 will be Microsoft's year, and even though I'm a PS4 owner myself I think Microsoft will gain a real step up on Sony.

* The Wii U will ease down in terms of new releases - 2015 looks like it'll be a great year for Wii U owners. After the influx of great looking new games this year, I reckon Nintendo will have a much quieter 2016, with a new console probably being released the year following. Obviously this is a prediction thread for the COMING year - and my prediction is simply this: the number of appealing new Wii U games announced that we don't already know about will be in single digits.

* There will be no new physical releases for the Vita - Adding a little qualifiers here - APART from anything that's already been announced, and maybe a lazy reskinned football sim - I see the console going download only, which I'm perfectly fine with.

* Curse of Monkey Island will finally be re-released - With Double Fine working its way through Lucasart's back catalogue this one seems inevitable. I also think we'll see a sequel of some sort to a classic Lucasarts property.

* PS1 classics WILL NOT come to PS4, but we will see lots of HD remakes - With Final Fantasy VII being re-released in HD, and Abe's Oddysee getting a similar treatment, I reckon a number of classic properties will come to the PS4 (and Xbox One) in this form. A remaster, with a higher price tag.

* We'll see more high profile third party console exclusives - I really, REALLY hope Rise of the Tomb Raider and Street Fighter V are the only games that are tied to a specific system, but I highly doubt it. People might be annoyed at Microsoft, but if they want to gain the upper hand on Sony it only makes sense for them to ensure a number of big franchises are tied to their system. And I'm almost certain it'll happen again.

* Crash Bandicoot will return - Bit of a long shot prediction, but I'd love to see this happen. Hey, maybe if it's still owned by Activision we'll even see it return as an Xbox exclusive. That would certainly get people talking...

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24442
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by DPrinny » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:31 am

We get the same s**t with a different box from the usual company's
E3 will be underwhelming again
More new Zelda footage
Half life 3 will not be shown
DOOM 4
I will get a WiiU
PS4 will continue to sell well despite having no games of note
Sonic somethingorother for WiiU
Gamergate will continue to be pushed despite nobody caring anymore

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8017
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by gman72 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:38 am

look at it sideways wrote:So, 2014 has been a divisive year for video games...what do you think will happen in 2015? Make a few predictions, and you can look back in a year's time and see if you were right...

* Fallout 4 will FINALLY be announced, but won't be released until 2016 - I very nearly wrote "Fallout 4 WON'T be announced this year" but naive, blind hope has made me go with this one. C'mon Bethesda. Please...?

* The Xbox One will overtake the PS4 in overall sales - Sony lost a lot of good will with its bad communication during the hacking situation, whilst Microsoft seem to have emerged relatively unscathed. I think 2015 will be Microsoft's year, and even though I'm a PS4 owner myself I think Microsoft will gain a real step up on Sony.

* The Wii U will ease down in terms of new releases - 2015 looks like it'll be a great year for Wii U owners. After the influx of great looking new games this year, I reckon Nintendo will have a much quieter 2016, with a new console probably being released the year following. Obviously this is a prediction thread for the COMING year - and my prediction is simply this: the number of appealing new Wii U games announced that we don't already know about will be in single digits.

* There will be no new physical releases for the Vita - Adding a little qualifiers here - APART from anything that's already been announced, and maybe a lazy reskinned football sim - I see the console going download only, which I'm perfectly fine with.

* Curse of Monkey Island will finally be re-released - With Double Fine working its way through Lucasart's back catalogue this one seems inevitable. I also think we'll see a sequel of some sort to a classic Lucasarts property.

* PS1 classics WILL NOT come to PS4, but we will see lots of HD remakes - With Final Fantasy VII being re-released in HD, and Abe's Oddysee getting a similar treatment, I reckon a number of classic properties will come to the PS4 (and Xbox One) in this form. A remaster, with a higher price tag.

* We'll see more high profile third party console exclusives - I really, REALLY hope Rise of the Tomb Raider and Street Fighter V are the only games that are tied to a specific system, but I highly doubt it. People might be annoyed at Microsoft, but if they want to gain the upper hand on Sony it only makes sense for them to ensure a number of big franchises are tied to their system. And I'm almost certain it'll happen again.

* Crash Bandicoot will return - Bit of a long shot prediction, but I'd love to see this happen. Hey, maybe if it's still owned by Activision we'll even see it return as an Xbox exclusive. That would certainly get people talking...
I would agree with these predictions and also add Half-Life 3 to the mix.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
Misery
Posts: 2236
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by Misery » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:52 am

DPrinny wrote:We get the same s**t with a different box from the usual company's
E3 will be underwhelming again
More new Zelda footage
Half life 3 will not be shown
DOOM 4
I will get a WiiU
PS4 will continue to sell well despite having no games of note
Sonic somethingorother for WiiU
Gamergate will continue to be pushed despite nobody caring anymore

Yeah, I pretty much agree with these.

Also I'm so bloody tired of hearing about "GamerGate" or whatever every 5 minutes everywhere. It occurs to me that I dont entirely know what the issue is about due to not caring, yet I still hate it because it's yapped about ALL THE TIME.

And I wonder if Sonic Somethingorother (which is exactly what they should name the next one) will suck or not? That usually seems to be the main question for alot of people when a new Sonic game is coming.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24442
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by DPrinny » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:06 pm

^US one, guaranteed, Jap one............................

User avatar
PostieDoc
Posts: 796
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by PostieDoc » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:19 pm

look at it sideways wrote:* Curse of Monkey Island will finally be re-released - With Double Fine working its way through Lucasart's back catalogue this one seems inevitable. I also think we'll see a sequel of some sort to a classic Lucasarts property.
I'm not sure about this one.
Gog.com agreed a deal with Disney to sell a lot of the Lucasfilm/ Lucasarts back catalogue and seeing how one of the first batch of games was The Secret Of Monkey Island, I reckon they will get the other Monkey Island games as well.

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14896
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by Megamixer » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:55 pm

look at it sideways wrote:* There will be no new physical releases for the Vita - Adding a little qualifiers here - APART from anything that's already been announced, and maybe a lazy reskinned football sim - I see the console going download only, which I'm perfectly fine with.
Probably only true for the EU and US. Japan will get loads of stuff released just like with the PSP.
look at it sideways wrote:* PS1 classics WILL NOT come to PS4, but we will see lots of HD remakes -
Wow I would have assumed that a lot of the same stuff that's on the PS3 would already be on the PS4 with the way that so much digital PSN content has traditionally been shared between the PS3/PSP/Vita. I had no idea that PS1 games weren't available on the PS4. So: no PS1 classics and you have to pay to use online? I'm going to need more reasons to upgrade from my PS3 I reckon. I can think of a few games that might do the job.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
The Beans
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by The Beans » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:16 pm

HD remake of Psychonauts with 3 new levels on PS4/Xbox One.

Pinball FX2 tables based on Doom, Banjo & Kazooie and Halo.

Project Spark Conker DLC will include Banjo, Kazooie and Sabreman.

Warhammer 40K license will be wasted on blaverage games or not used at all.

Lego Dr Who.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8017
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by gman72 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:20 pm

The Beans wrote: Lego Dr Who.
Now that is one hell of an epic idea... I WANT THIS. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:22 pm

gman72 wrote:
The Beans wrote: Lego Dr Who.
Now that is one hell of an epic idea... I WANT THIS. :D

nah, Lego GI Joe/Action force is where its at.

with that in mind I Can't be arsed to actually predict anything so will just make up some stuff I want.

Capcom vs 80's Cartoons ( visionairies, MASK, Defenders of the earth, Bravestar, Jayce and the wheeled warriors, Heman, Centurions etc )

Console update of the GBA game Konami krazy racers

New UN Squadron

Complete Castlevania Collection. all the games in one collection.

User avatar
c0nfu53d
Posts: 2098
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by c0nfu53d » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:53 pm

I think the Vita will have a few new physical releases this year but not many.

Microsoft entering the handheld gaming market.

New Wario Platformer.

User avatar
The Hardest of All Freds
Posts: 1746
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:20 am

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:07 pm

The Star Wars Force Awakens game will be out one month before the film, be bought by the billion, and be utter censored
Going Solo...................

User avatar
outdated_gamer
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by outdated_gamer » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:32 pm

- EA, Ubi and Activision will continue throwing out the same franchises that will start copying each other.

- Valve will reveal the officially backed Steam Box and crush the PS4 and Xbone with it. Half-Life 3 will be Steam exclusive.

- Nintendo will announce Wii U2, an enhanced version of Wii U with double the processing power and a HD screen. It will launch with Mario 3D World 2 and a new, gritty (tech-demo style) Zelda.

- Doom 4 will be shown to the public and it will blow everyone away. It will become the benchmark in graphics, much like Crysis was once.

- The first part of Star Citizen will be released and it will redefine video and computer games.

- Sony will show the first teaser of Gran Turismo 7 which will spark some interest in the PS4 among the hard core gamers.

- The Stamper Brothers will return to the game industry and show people how video games are supposed to be made.

- Peter Molyneux will announce a proper spiritual successor to Black & White. It will be exclusive to PC platform, with possible console versions following afterwards.

- Oculus Rift will trigger a small revolution among enthusiast gamers. It will be the dawn of true VR.

- The mobile gaming fad will die down, traditional gaming catered to dedicated gamers will be the focus again.


Some of my predictions, realistic or not... :P

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:36 pm

the xbone will continue to disappoint at least until the autumn

the ps4 will continue to disappoint at least until the autumn

the wiiu will continue to disappoint

the pc will continue to be sh1t

the 360 will continue to be the best machine for at least the first 6 months

fallout 4 will not get released

half life 3 will not get released

Black Ops 3 will be released and be the biggest game of the year

Mass Effect 4 will be released (or at least confirmed for early 2016)

The likes of Inside and No Mans Sky will embarrass many big developers, and the indie scene will have lots of great games throughout the year

User avatar
outdated_gamer
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Re: Gaming predictions for 2015

Post by outdated_gamer » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:46 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote: the pc will continue to be sh1t
To those who don't have a half way decent one, yes... :wink: :P

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests