From the forum question for issue 39

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Post Reply
User avatar
silversmurfer
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:12 am

Post by silversmurfer » Mon May 21, 2007 11:05 am

mine was an old PC space / resource game called Millenium - anyone remember that?

User avatar
RocketRanger
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:32 am

Post by RocketRanger » Mon May 21, 2007 7:08 pm

hmm..It would have been 'Secret Letter' on the Texas Instrument's marvelous Speak & Spell

....what?

User avatar
sleeper77
Posts: 1494
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:14 pm

Post by sleeper77 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:07 am

In the arcade, Afterburner. Thats because my mates dad worked in my local one and gave me 20+ credits for free.
At home, Trivial Pursuit on the CPC464...by entering yes all the time when it asked if I said the correct answer. So you see, cheats always win.

User avatar
RocketRanger
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:32 am

Post by RocketRanger » Tue May 22, 2007 6:59 am

sleeper77 wrote: At home, Trivial Pursuit on the CPC464...by entering yes all the time when it asked if I said the correct answer. So you see, cheats always win.
Your going to hell

User avatar
sleeper77
Posts: 1494
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:14 pm

Post by sleeper77 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:46 am

And what every other person who has used cheats? This is what gets to me, others claiming that they have completed a game but then finding out from someone else they used a cheat of some sort. Also every online game I play I always see cheating by means of aimbots or edited profiles & they always take the top 10 ranking spots. I don't like cheating because it defeats the object of the game, but with TP it is just begging you to cheat. Play now and see if u r tempted.

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Post by SirClive » Tue May 22, 2007 9:13 am

I use cheats, but only when I have exhausted my limited skill.
Image

User avatar
Heavy Stylus
Posts: 778
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:51 am
Location: Exeter, UK
Contact:

Post by Heavy Stylus » Tue May 22, 2007 9:18 am

Double Dragon on the Atari ST. I was about eleven years old and completed it on my first go. Now, I'm pretty crap at beat 'em ups in general, so by my reckoning the game must be censored easy.
http://www.rgcd.co.uk
8-128 Bit & beyond: Indie game development news for vintage & modern computer hardware.

User avatar
Celebaglar
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 8:34 am
Location: The Fish Mines of Gloom
Contact:

Post by Celebaglar » Tue May 22, 2007 9:33 am

Heroes of Karn from Interceptor for the C64. Horrible parser, excruciatingly slow-drawing graphics (yet strangely mesmerising) and some good atmospheric tunes, but it was the first game I bought, played and eventually completed on the C64.

Mind you, it was a good six months between me getting a C64 off my parents and being able to add a tape deck to go with it... :lol:

User avatar
RocketRanger
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:32 am

Post by RocketRanger » Tue May 22, 2007 9:33 am

sleeper77 wrote:And what every other person who has used cheats? This is what gets to me, others claiming that they have completed a game but then finding out from someone else they used a cheat of some sort. Also every online game I play I always see cheating by means of aimbots or edited profiles & they always take the top 10 ranking spots. I don't like cheating because it defeats the object of the game, but with TP it is just begging you to cheat. Play now and see if u r tempted.
Dude, I ALWAYS cheated on TP. But deep down inside, I knew the little animated guy (I believe he was in fact known as TP) knew what I was doing.....and that he was telling Santa.

User avatar
bensonrad
Posts: 3578
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:17 am
Location: Seaford, Sussex

Post by bensonrad » Tue May 22, 2007 9:45 am

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles on the Amiga, I rember sticking it on with a mate, saying I'll have first go, completing the game over an hour or so while, he watched. Then switched it off, he was not impressed having had to wait all that time for his go. What a b*stard I was! :twisted:
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

User avatar
sleeper77
Posts: 1494
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:14 pm

Post by sleeper77 » Tue May 22, 2007 11:52 am

RocketRanger wrote:Dude, I ALWAYS cheated on TP. But deep down inside, I knew the little animated guy (I believe he was in fact known as TP) knew what I was doing.....and that he was telling Santa.
Of course the little guy knew everything & even if you switched your computer off he was still watching you. Playing TP through emulation years on I think his eyes are scarier than b4, as if he will never forgive me for what I had done in the past.

psj3809
Posts: 19046
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Post by psj3809 » Tue May 22, 2007 12:09 pm

Sir Lancelot on the Speccy. Amazing 16k game, very addictive little platform game.

User avatar
RocketRanger
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:32 am

Post by RocketRanger » Tue May 22, 2007 12:20 pm

sleeper77 wrote: Of course the little guy knew everything & even if you switched your computer off he was still watching you. Playing TP through emulation years on I think his eyes are scarier than b4, as if he will never forgive me for what I had done in the past.
Image

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Post by SirClive » Tue May 22, 2007 12:25 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Image

User avatar
Elgin_McQueen
Posts: 6773
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:08 am
Location: Elgin, Scotland

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue May 22, 2007 1:27 pm

RocketRanger wrote:
Image

LMFAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest