series that you are trying to complete.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sel Feena

Re: series that you are trying to complete.

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:09 am

Trying to get all the Atelier games on PS3. Playing the ones on PS2 along with Mana Khemia had me hooked.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:23 am

ShadowMan wrote: Revenge (which is a guilty pleasure) and Streetwise (which is just plain bad).
You see now i liked Streetwise and i know everyone else hates it but really I enjoyed my time with it. Around that time a lot of 3D scrolling beat-em-ups emerged like Urban Reign the Tekken spin off and Beat Down Fists Of Vengeance and the Sega xbox exclusive Spikeout Street Battle. God Hand was probably the best of the bunch but i enjoyed elements off all of them. With regards to Final Fight Revenge its a sod to get hold of with the Saturn cartridge complete, im not sure if its playable without the cart but i wouldn't worry too much i really found it a bit of a clunky old stinker in a very similar vein to that Double Dragon one v one beat-em-up.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:58 am

Sel Feena wrote:Trying to get all the Atelier games on PS3. Playing the ones on PS2 along with Mana Khemia had me hooked.
Ditto but with the addition of all NIS/Gust RPG's for me. Got one more to get on PS2 and quite a few on PS3; probably only have about 50% of them thus far.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:41 pm

Going to try and pick up the shinobi games as well.

Trying to complete full series of games that are generally decent in terms of quality. Not too many bad shinobi games.

ACtually really enjoying collecting this way. Got all the retail starfox, Fzero, and mariokart games now as well.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:25 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Trying to get all the Atelier games on PS3. Playing the ones on PS2 along with Mana Khemia had me hooked.
Same as you and MM. Only got Totori and Rorona for the PS3, but have all the PS2 Atelier games as well as Mana Khemia 1+2. Great stuff!
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

quangdx

Post by quangdx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:42 pm

I've been collecting every single Castlevania game for a good few years, CIB.
Got stuck on a few really rare ones like the Commodore Amiga version and the expensive Haunted Castle arcade PCB.
I've now started to get the Japanese versions of them as well as the PAL. Got a fair few USA versions as well.
Apologies for the gallery being on Facebook. I really gotta make a proper website for them.

https://www.facebook.com/quangdx/media_ ... .513923224

Good luck with your retro Capcom collection.
http://aso.bi
the science of play

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:45 am

For me, its collecting all the Castlevania games, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:44 pm

gman72 wrote:
ShadowMan wrote: Revenge (which is a guilty pleasure) and Streetwise (which is just plain bad).
You see now i liked Streetwise and i know everyone else hates it but really I enjoyed my time with it. Around that time a lot of 3D scrolling beat-em-ups emerged like Urban Reign the Tekken spin off and Beat Down Fists Of Vengeance and the Sega xbox exclusive Spikeout Street Battle. God Hand was probably the best of the bunch but i enjoyed elements off all of them. With regards to Final Fight Revenge its a sod to get hold of with the Saturn cartridge complete, im not sure if its playable without the cart but i wouldn't worry too much i really found it a bit of a clunky old stinker in a very similar vein to that Double Dragon one v one beat-em-up.
Revenge needs the 4MB RAM cart to play. It could have been great, but like I said its a guilty pleasure of mind to play occasionally. My problem with Streetwise was how stupid it got right at the end. It would have been much better if it'd be more like the bonus game included in the same game which was closer to the original game.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

davyK

Post by davyK » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:54 am

For some reason I have assembled a complete Gamecube Resident Evil Collection (0,1,2,3,Code Veronica X and 4). I have never completed an RE game or even close!

I'm into console Tetris (not really into handhelds). Can't resist them.Here's what I have so far. Anyone know if I'm missing anything?

http://www.davykelly.com/tetrisCollection.JPG

I could (should?) get Next Tetris and Tetris Plus for PS1 but I don't think there are any differences between those versions and what I have (I'm not that anal!)
PS2 Tetris Worlds forces infinite spin, the GC version has it as an option (as does the Oldbox version).
I would love a copy of TGM for my 360 but I have a PAL machine.
I know I should have the NES games but I got rid of that console some time ago and the Tengen game will be hard to get.
There's a Megadrive game too but the history of it is somewhat murky.
If I ever get a DC link cable I will have to get another copy of Sega Tetris as it has a 2 versus 2 mode I would love to try.

The duds in this collection are Tetris S for Saturn (ropey presentation, and crap attacks in the 2 player mode) and Tetris 4D (doesn't even support the VMU to save best scores! It's multi-player mode is interesting though and it supports up to 4 players.) I wouldn't give them up though.

I have other games that use the Tetris name but aren't Tetris games (Tetris Flash, Tetris Attack, Tetrisphere etc.) so they don't appear here.

Analog

Post by Analog » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:42 pm

the star wars ones for the gamecube.

i'm not even into star wars lol. I have a degree of nostalgia from playing clone wars and rouge leader as the first games I played on ngc,I thought they were really good as well. so now i'm trying to pick up the last couple of ones I haven't got.

i'm also sort of collecting tekken and ridge racer series games but excluding the handhelds versions as i'm not into those. i'm also thinking twice about the ones that aren't actually that good at all. :/

I still have quite a way to go to complete a resident evil series. this was one series that I was interested in collecting for years ago but since the re games have changed so much and been so inconsistent for the last 10 or so years, i'm not really sure I will complete it, but just stick with the ones I want.