What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

slacey1070

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by slacey1070 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:39 am

Interesting few days gaming wise...

Played Super Smash Bros on the 3DS (thanks Morkin!) - I didn't have my glasses on, however its great fun and has made me think about this as a purchase...

Corvette PS2 - cost less than a pound. But had a great evening on this - not a massive driving game fan, but this feels very nice and if you lose, its because you messed up, not cheating AI.

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - 360 - nice compilation that I'd forgotten I had... played most of the games on it... I am still rubbish at Pole Position.

Penny Racers - PS2 - fun driver, picked it up after the PS2 hidden Gems thread - again, v cheap. Menus are a bit over complicated though.

and Pirates Gold on the megadrive...
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

SpockIOM

Post by SpockIOM » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:15 pm

Just downloaded Pandemonium 1 & 2 onto my PS3 for about £3. They'll keep me busy for a little while at least!
Yours sincerely, the little voice in your head that talks when you read.

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Just finished Hotline Miami and Bastion. The former is of course brilliant - addictive, challenging, and a great soundtrack. The latter was also fun - the main campaign is easy and short, but I loved the proving ground challenges.

Next up is Mark of the Ninja.
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

dunjenkeepa

Post by dunjenkeepa » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:26 am

Just finished LucasArts "The Dig" last night.

Ongoing - Batman Arkham Asylum / Trine / Terraria / Rogue Legacy / Skyrim
Recently finished: Legend of Grimrock / Crysis / Assassins Creed / Broken Sword 4 / Monkey Island 4 / Tomb Raider Guardian of Light

Next up: - DragonAge / Gianna Sisters : Twisted Dreams

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:32 am

Thief on PS4. I thought id absolutely hate this because im not a fan of FPS (to say the least) but its must admit, its not half bad :D

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:14 am

I've been replaying Red Faction on the PS2 recently. To be honest I wasn't expecting it to have aged well but just like most of the PS2 FPS titles (Time splitters i'm looking at you!) it has aged surprisingly well especially in the control department.

I've spent most of the time in multiplayer with bots and the game still hasn't lost it's charm when it comes to being able to destroy the arena. Myself and a friend would spend hours just trying to figure out what could be destroyed and what secrets were hiding away

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Painkiller on the 360 I keep expecting it to get better but apart from cool cut scene and Death having a awesome voice seem to be the highlights.. Small rooms loads of enemies impossible to dodge.. Fight in church need to juggle enemies for gold with the painkiller so many enemies it makes this impossible..

Boss fight unblockable attacks that hit you from miles away and non regenerating health!!!
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

dste

Post by dste » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:59 pm

Started Sigma Star Saga this morning, seem alright so far.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:21 am

dirt 1 and 3
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Started Thief: Deadly Shadows on Xbox today. At first I really wasn't convinced but now I'm completely hooked. Very absorbing and immersive game but man can it get tough! I got caught in one of the city areas and barely escaped the prison, managing it thanks to some sort of weird glitch where a guard I was fighting suddenly disappeared and all the sound in the game vanished :shock: . Other than that, really fun game. Graphically still very strong as well :)

Also played some Ultra SFIV.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:21 am

Shinobi wrote:Painkiller on the 360 I keep expecting it to get better but apart from cool cut scene and Death having a awesome voice seem to be the highlights.. Small rooms loads of enemies impossible to dodge.. Fight in church need to juggle enemies for gold with the painkiller so many enemies it makes this impossible..

Boss fight unblockable attacks that hit you from miles away and non regenerating health!!!
Welcome to the old way of FPS

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:28 am

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Xbox 360)

when fighting, this game's amazing, when doing some of the stealth sections, this game's bullocks, luckily those stealth sections are very few, but still

Headhunter (PS2)

cool premise, cool stealth game... but the controls are unbelievably bad and unwieldy (the right analog stick isn't used for camera movement for example), which made me toss out the game during the 1st mission

SOS The Final Escape (PS2)

i'm liking this so far as it turns out to be something completely different from everything i've played so far

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:42 am

snesfanboy wrote:

i'm liking this so far as it turns out to be something completely different from everything i've played so far
its sequel raw danger is quite similar

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:48 am

snowkatt wrote:
snesfanboy wrote:

I loved SOS, wasn't aware there was a sequel, will have to dig that out

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:51 am

HisNHer_LP wrote:
snowkatt wrote:
snesfanboy wrote:

I loved SOS, wasn't aware there was a sequel, will have to dig that out
raw danger was released in the usa only though

and there was a part 3 but that never left japan

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/ZZT/zzt1.htm