Crash Team Racing

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

killbot

Re: Crash Team Racing

Post by killbot » Fri May 09, 2014 3:13 pm

Put it down to the ravings of a Nintendo fanboy, but I don't honestly think MK has ever really been bettered. CTR was a decent attempt, though, as (in more recent times) are the Sonic & All Stars games.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Steve1982

Post by Steve1982 » Fri May 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sat May 10, 2014 10:33 am

Yeah, CTR on the PS was pretty good. It's one of the better kart racers. The sort of sequel "Crash Nitro Racing" wasn't as good as the original.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun May 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Speed Freaks took me longer to get used to control-wise but I definitely didn't bother with it for long. CTR was the complete opposite and I had to force myself to put the game away again the other day after breaking it out and losing a few hours to it :)

Horses for courses though I suppose. If I ever see Speed Freaks cheap then I'll probably give it another chance but I definitely remember thinking "what is all the fuss about?".
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.