3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

batman877

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by batman877 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:42 am

Just bought 'Resident Evil Revelations' even though I already own the HD remake on PS3. I just want to get some use out of my XL Circle Pad Pro. Since I gave up on 'Monster Hunters' a while back it's been redundant. I originally bought the Circle Pad Pro to play 'Kid Icarus' with twin sticks... but sadly the functionality is only for the benefit of left handed people and doesn't turn it into a twin stick shooter. :(

Analog

Post by Analog » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:06 pm

^ ah I thought that was its purpose? can kid icarus be played just as well without the circle pad? and is there any reason to buy one? I see them for sale and wonder if it will be worth me parting a bit of money for it. I have resident evil revelations for 3ds, let us know how it goes with it.
got edge earlier from the eshop for a few quid, haven't played it yet but I really like the look of it. for some reason I can't download the etrian oddysey demo, anyone else having issues with it?

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:27 pm

For Kid Icarus, its just for left handed chaps, its not required for playing.

Other games can be played without it, but it makes playing RE:R and Monster Hunter 3 a little better to play from what I hear.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:12 am

Just picked up Tales of the Abyss from Shopto yesterday for a grand total of 5.50

Happy days

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:45 am

Haven't played my 3DS for a while, only games I really have are animal crossing, street fighter, nintendogs, and zelda a link between worlds as a download.

Monster hunter has caught my eye, I have a copy on the wii, but as that isn't set up, I haven't had a chance to play it.

I have the psp version on the vita, played that abit, but everytime I pick it up I find I have to start again as I completely forget how to play it.

The 3DS version interests me as I heard its extremely "dumbed down"

Is it worth the pick up?

Sorry for the long post.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:44 pm

Just caned my 3DS on a flight to Chicago, also getting lots of street passes which is great :-)
Xbox Live: RetroBob

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:18 pm

Trials: Fusion, looks great on the PS4 but is essentially the same game with a few bells on. Not sure about the season pass DLC though which would bring the cost up to over £30.
oops, wrong thread

Analog

Post by Analog » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:36 am

ALK wrote:For Kid Icarus, its just for left handed chaps, its not required for playing.

Other games can be played without it, but it makes playing RE:R and Monster Hunter 3 a little better to play from what I hear.
cool, I might take a chance on it if I see one going cheap.

had a go on edge, its good fun eshop game, nice soundtrack too.

Roo

Post by Roo » Sun May 04, 2014 6:31 am

After three in-game seasons, I think I've had my fill of Nintendo Pocket Football Club. I've got to admit that I did become a little bit attached to my team and players, but there's just so little to do and it's so skill-free. I don't mind that sort of thing in, say Animal Crossing or MySims, but I find the tactics in this not very involving and the matches to be, well, boring.

I don't like coming across as a tart when it comes to my gaming - last time I posted here, I was putting the boot into Yoshi's New Island - and I'm glad most people seem to have enjoyed it more than me. That said, I just don't enjoy NPFC.

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed May 07, 2014 1:45 pm

BAM. Ruby and Sapphire remakes just like that.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/0 ... n_november
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed May 07, 2014 5:11 pm

ALK wrote:BAM. Ruby and Sapphire remakes just like that.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/0 ... n_november
Remakes? Again? Oh well, at least they'll sell like hot sh*t I suppose.

Can't believe that this was once my favourite ever franchise that I'd always buy on day one but I've not bought a game in the series since Diamond :|

Also, I vividly remember saving up money and buying the original Sapphire as soon as it was in the shops so this news makes me feel old!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

SpeedBreaker

Post by SpeedBreaker » Thu May 08, 2014 6:25 am

Outrun on the 3DS! It looks pretty good, even with the redesigned "Ferrari".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Jyh3w3kgY

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu May 08, 2014 12:16 pm

SpeedBreaker wrote:Outrun on the 3DS! It looks pretty good, even with the redesigned "Ferrari".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Jyh3w3kgY
Now that I can't wait for! The Ferrari redesign isn't too bad either although the new badge on the back looks a big like Maserati's?!? Anyway...a trivial observation.

Hopefully the Afterburner II conversion will make it to the Euro eshop too.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

big mean bunny

Post by big mean bunny » Thu May 08, 2014 2:10 pm

Looks good, I imagine the redesign is because they lost the license to show the cars or something didn't they? that was why the Outrun game was pulled from the Xbox Arcade anyway. Is this a Sumo Digital game?
Episode 14 now out 14th of Sept - Sega Mega drive £25 games challenge

Invert Y gaming podcast - the only way to play, news, chat and challenges, by gamers, for gamers.

http://invertypodcast.podomatic.com or Invert Y on iTunes

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu May 08, 2014 2:11 pm

big mean bunny wrote:Looks good, I imagine the redesign is because they lost the license to show the cars or something didn't they? that was why the Outrun game was pulled from the Xbox Arcade anyway. Is this a Sumo Digital game?
Yes, Sega no longer hold a Ferrari license. I think all of the Sega 3D Classics are done by somebody called M2.