What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

snesfanboy

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by snesfanboy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:37 pm

on PSP emu : Sorcerer's Kingdom for the Sega MD

1 first ever MD game that i actually enjoy... :twisted:

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:20 am

I'm slowly but surely working my way through Tomb Raider 2013 - Loving every minute of it.

I've also got Monster Max on the go on my Game Boy. I'm glad that it was listed in the magazine this month or I would never have tried it

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:55 pm

Devil Crash on MegaDrive

Not feeling it. Think I prefer Crue Ball

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:53 am

Sel Feena wrote: Not feeling it. Think I prefer Crue Ball
What?! :evil: :evil: :evil:
:P

Funnily enough one of my mates says the same thing but I think that's because he completely sucks at it :lol: That said he is a lot better at Crue Ball than myself.

I think a remake of the game is due but re-brand it to Crewe Ball, it could feature all the famous things that Crewe is famous for as the table themes... maybe not :roll:

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:03 am

^ Ha! Maybe it'll grow on me, I do like the visuals and music.

giss

Post by giss » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:29 pm

I've been playing a bit of Tales of Xillia (PS3) lately, but to be honest I think I'm really close to just giving up on it. I just don't enjoy it that much for some reason, will probably give it another shot or two before I decide.

Also I just got Infamous: Second Son (PS4) today so I will be starting to play within a few hours.

And on my Phone: Pocket Trains (Android) which is getting rather repetitive to say the least but I've had fun with it. I've also been playing Threes (Android) a bit but it seems I'm not very good at it. Still, pretty fun.

Analog

Post by Analog » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:17 pm

currently dividing my time between path of exile, forza and payday 2.

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:27 pm

More Fallout 3 and Second Son. Seattle is looking mighty fine too :D

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:12 pm

More A Boy and his Blob on Wii. Made it to the last hub-world with all the previous ones complete 100% and I have to say that as much as I like this game, it is also getting annoying. The bosses are fiddly and there are some ridiculous expectations such as creating a trampoline where you can't see it and taking a leap of faith, hoping that you actually land on it :roll:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:15 pm

Megamixer wrote:More A Boy and his Blob on Wii. Made it to the last hub-world with all the previous ones complete 100% and I have to say that as much as I like this game, it is also getting annoying. The bosses are fiddly and there are some ridiculous expectations such as creating a trampoline where you can't see it and taking a leap of faith, hoping that you actually land on it :roll:
You like my custom blob ? :P

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:16 pm

I spent a lot of today playing Final Blaster and Alien Crush on PC Engine. Final Blaster is ace but as soon as you get hit and lose your powerups in becomes incredibly hard. Got to the 4th stage I think it was and got battered :(

Alien Crush is brilliant and looks awesome. I beat my high score which I was chuffed about, although its still not that high :lol:

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:40 pm

samhain81 wrote:
Megamixer wrote:More A Boy and his Blob on Wii. Made it to the last hub-world with all the previous ones complete 100% and I have to say that as much as I like this game, it is also getting annoying. The bosses are fiddly and there are some ridiculous expectations such as creating a trampoline where you can't see it and taking a leap of faith, hoping that you actually land on it :roll:
You like my custom blob ? :P

More than I liked the second boss! In seriousness, that's a really good job done there on that blob :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:50 pm

Super Mario Sunshine... Boy, is this frustrating.... The control and camera seem to do all they can to make you fail.

I've not rage quit a game for years.. but I have this today.

But ill try and edge a bit further.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Guilty Gear (PS1). First time playing a GG game and I have to say...I'm not very good at it! Played as Ky to start with and was breezing through until stage 8 when I spent over half an hour trying to defeat Sol but to no avail. Most matches ended within 15 seconds and a screen of explosions, fire and special effects that I couldn't keep up with :oops: I must say however that it's a great port on the Playstation when Capcom infamously struggled to make their 2D fighters work well on the system. I'm going to play some more to see if the game gels with me.
slacey1070 wrote:Super Mario Sunshine... Boy, is this frustrating.... The control and camera seem to do all they can to make you fail.

I've not rage quit a game for years.. but I have this today.
Well you can certainly join a fairly large club! I got to about 60-ish Shines then gave up. Great game that was pretty well made (minus the awful camera) but some of the levels were extremely frustrating/cruel. It's a shame really as SM64 and the two Galaxy games are pretty near-perfect in terms of balance.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:00 pm

Champ Manager 01/02 - Oxford
Skyrim - Dark Elf (what else)
BF4