What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

commanderkaiser

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by commanderkaiser » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Picked up all these this past week

PS2:
Samurai Warriors - Looks a decent game and was 99p so thought I'd give it a try.
Bass Master Fishing - Doesn't look to bad and might fun to play as a novelty.
Zone of the Enders - Got this along with Bass Master along with a few other assorted thing for £1.99 so they both cost me pennies. Never tried ZotE though so thought I'd give this version a quick blast before I sink any money into the HD collection.

PS3:
Best of PlayStation Network Vol. 1 - Actually only got this to play Tokyo Jungle, I'm not fond of digital downloads so went for the more expensive option of importing this.

PC:
Cultures 2 - Got this in the same bundle as ZotE, I have a soft spot for Cultures and it seems quite difficult to get hold of in the wild for me. Got this to either trade/sell or perhaps keep as a spare.

PSP:
Gradius Collection - Bit annoyed at this one, ordered the original release and when it arrived it turned out to be the PSP essentials version, can't really be bothered to return it and it's not the end of the world so I'll just play it till I can replace it with a normal one.
Dissidia 012 Legacy Edition - New and sealed for £12 or so, really enjoyed the first one and I've heard this is better so I'm sure to love it.
Persona 2 - £16 or so I think it was which I think is a good price, not actually played any of the personas yet but now have 1, 2 and 3 on PSP so I should really get round to giving them a go.
Bleach Soul Carnival 2 - £15 ordered this only today but will hopefully arrive quick and in good condition.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Beat Down is a great game; one of the PS2's hidden gems in my opinion and I enjoyed it enough to keep it. You'll have to let us know if that Gekido game is any good as the GBA game looks class but I didn't know there was a PS1 game too.
I played it for an hour tonight and pretty good.. Its a 3d game like Spikeout not 2d like the GBA game and you get multiple characters to choose from including females which is good:) You get loads of weapons and you use guns the enemies drop which is very satisfying, and when the people are on the floor you can pick them up and throw them.. On the minus side the levels are long and some enemies throw explosive barrels that are hard to dodge coupled with some annoying mid boss fights.. I got to somebody who looked like Mac the Knife of Captain Commando not sure how you beat him.. Graphic's are a little indistinct the best 3d fighter I played that's not Spike Out.. Miles better than Fighting Force 1 & 2 and Legend
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:19 pm

hey, shin, when you are done with Wii Project Zero I'd trade that with you for sure :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:35 am

8)
Logged out 15/07/2014.

optimus

Post by optimus » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:09 am

gmintyfresh wrote:Radirgy Noa Massive - Wii

Nice box art

Whats the Wii version like?
Does it still have the borders with the Japanese school girls on it? Can they be removed?

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 am

I've finally got a copy of Duck Tales for the NES. It's been on my list for a while but never found a copy for a good price :D

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:21 pm

speedlolita wrote:Image

8)
I like :) .

Is that just the Jap version of Heroes Paradise and does it have English language or have you bought it just for the hell of it? :wink:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:29 pm

I don't know yet. It is the JP version of Heroes Paradise and the JP releases of NMH have always have English voices to begin with. If it is anything like Killer is Dead it will recognise my system is English and give me English all over. I'll check later, either way I beat the EU version of this already so I'm not too fussed. This came to £13 too, which is a bit cheaper than a boring PAL copy.

Plus the cover kicks ass.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Picked up two more games today whilst out.

Killer 7 on PS2 for 99p. Never played it but I've heard good things and the disc is pretty mint really.
Final Fantasy 2 PSP £8 More than I'd really of wanted to pay but I've been meaning to pick it up again for ages and today was as good a day as any, plus I could see the condition there in front of me rather than worry about buying it through amazon or what have you.

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:25 pm

commanderkaiser wrote:Picked up two more games today whilst out.

Killer 7 on PS2 for 99p. Never played it but I've heard good things and the disc is pretty mint really.
Final Fantasy 2 PSP £8 More than I'd really of wanted to pay but I've been meaning to pick it up again for ages and today was as good a day as any, plus I could see the condition there in front of me rather than worry about buying it through amazon or what have you.
Killer 7 for 99p is a real bargain there!

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:34 pm

Agreed. Not worth anywhere near as much on PS2 as Cube but even so. Easily goes for £10+ on PS2.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Lord Innit

Post by Lord Innit » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:24 pm

This arrived in the post today,

HaZ

Post by HaZ » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Shadowrun cost £4.20 from ebay. I was shocked to see the BIN and even more so when it dropped through the front door!

Special thanks to Megamixer for SMW.

Also picked up Project Zero II and Legend of Sayuki on the Wii for £6 each from a little shop called Mega Games in Kilburn.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:19 pm

I was in Kilburn yesterday - didnt have time to stop in there though I wanted to. Heres hoping I get the job I went there for. If not Kilburn could be another stop on my shopping trips. If I get out on one some time soon.

HaZ

Post by HaZ » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:51 pm

shiftytigger wrote:I was in Kilburn yesterday - didnt have time to stop in there though I wanted to. Heres hoping I get the job I went there for. If not Kilburn could be another stop on my shopping trips. If I get out on one some time soon.
Good luck with the job you went for. Was a fair few charity shops and a cash converters there not to mention a whole host of restaurants and fast food joints! Mega Games had loose GBA and GB games in a glass cabinet but no snes,ms,md,ss,dc games unfortunately.