The easiest games in the world EVER!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Liamh1982

The easiest games in the world EVER!

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:52 am

Asteroids (2600) - must be the only version where you can clock the score counter without once using the thrust or hyperspace. Still fun but the predictability of the rocks' movement takes away much of the challenge.

Kirby's Adventure (NES) - overwhelmed by the sparse number of enemies? Simply fly over them to the end of the level. Using this tactic it effectively becomes a drawn-out boss rush game as they're the only things you can't avoid.

Sonic Chaos (SMS/GG) - the sheer generosity of the bonus stages allied to a general lack of enemies. You can start the second zone already having more than 30 lives which is more than enough for any Sonic game.

NFS Underground 2 (PS2/GC/Xbox) - someone must have accidentally flipped the difficulty curve on this one as I swear it's possible to win the "epic" final challenge without looking at the screen.

koopa42

Re: The easiest games in the world EVER!

Post by koopa42 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:01 am

Avatar Burning Earth - xbox 360. You'll never see that appear on my gamerscore, it's a proper badge of censored for the gamerscore scuts. Keep pressing 1 button and get 1000 gamerscore in 5 minutes LOLOL epic fail.

Stevearcade

Post by Stevearcade » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:26 am

Hey man! I remember as a kid being immensely proud of how well I progressed through Sonic Chaos to completion within only a few days of buying it. :lol:

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:44 am

Rise Of The Robots..?? Just spam the flying kick move.

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:01 am

I remember these being pretty easy on the c64;
Ghostbusters - relatively time consuming, and Marshmallow Man could be a pain, but pretty east to finish.
Commando - I thought I was great when I could loop through this a few times. I still do :lol:
Bruce Lee - So much fun and very satisfying to complete.
International Soccer - run down the wing until you're past the keeper, turn your player 90 degrees towards to goal, shoot behind the keeper, score every time.
BC's Quest for Tires - far too short and far too easy. A fun gaming intermission.

I'm sure there were others that I could turn to for a fun, easy challenge.

Gunstar Heroes on the MD is easy. I finished it on my first attempt. I should add that I finished it in co-op first but even then it took only a few hours.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:56 am

The shmup league in the High Scores forum played Arrow Flash a good while back, and we all ended up bored out of our minds. Ridiculously easy game.

Sonic on the MD is also a complete cakewalk, no real challenge in there whatsoever. I can clearly remember playing it as a kid, and while loving every stage, thinking that the tough levels must be coming soon...right? Right?

Thinking about how much that game cost back then and how much challenge there actually was, I'm not sure there was much value for money in there, however enjoyable it was to play through. And I guess there were always the Chaos Emeralds to catch.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Kabuiki Fighter on the Megadrive did it on my first go 8) To hidden rooms on the first level which give you loads of life's, another hidden room full of lives and magic in the waterfall.. Your standard move that swings people round by they're legs beats everybody and the easiest last boss ever.. Pick up the sword and just stand there slashing him

Dangerous Seed on the Megadrive again so easy that even babies could completed it your so overpowered its impossible to die

Bruce Lee 8 bits very easy but fun, easiest last boss ever

Pharaohs Tomb Commodore 16

Splatterhouse 360 even on hard it simple and all the big monsters and bosses can be killed in one move.. Most of the current gen stuff is way to easy
Last edited by Shinobi on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:51 pm

PONG, its like the CPU player has no Ai ALL IT DOES IS STAND THERE!!

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:Asteroids (2600) - must be the only version where you can clock the score counter without once using the thrust or hyperspace. Still fun but the predictability of the rocks' movement takes away much of the challenge.

Kirby's Adventure (NES) - overwhelmed by the sparse number of enemies? Simply fly over them to the end of the level. Using this tactic it effectively becomes a drawn-out boss rush game as they're the only things you can't avoid.

Sonic Chaos (SMS/GG) - the sheer generosity of the bonus stages allied to a general lack of enemies. You can start the second zone already having more than 30 lives which is more than enough for any Sonic game.

NFS Underground 2 (PS2/GC/Xbox) - someone must have accidentally flipped the difficulty curve on this one as I swear it's possible to win the "epic" final challenge without looking at the screen.
Sonic chaos on the MS is very easy, on 3 lives I got to the final zone on my first attempt

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Just remembered romping through Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins on the Gameboy with no trouble at all. It only took a few hours.

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Dynamite Dux on the Master System was tremendously easy.

Dizzy 3 and a half wasn't much of a challenge either :D

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Bruce Lee, Beach Head and Myth on the Speccy I guess.

On the 360 I'd say Every Extend Extra Extreme's main mode. It's usually a case of giving up when you get tired. The Shooter bonus mode is much harder though which makes it a tougher game to max out the achvs on.

killbot

Post by killbot » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Mire Mare wrote:Just remembered romping through Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins on the Gameboy with no trouble at all. It only took a few hours.
Yes, I agree with that. Funnily enough I found the original SML very hard and haven't completed it to this day.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

dste

Post by dste » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:28 am

Chip n Dale for the NES, ridiculously easy game.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Misery

Post by Misery » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:01 am

The original Kirby's Dream Land on the Gameboy, and Ducktales on the NES.

Completed both very darn quickly as a kid on the first attempt through. They're good games, but.... zero challenge at all.