Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Montytom

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by Montytom » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Ive also been having trouble with the e shop. I finally put my card details in to put £10 on so i could get the nes classics but it kicked me out then tried again and it kicked me out.

Imagine my suprise when it says balance £20. Im not bothered about that but i still cannot download the game and i really want to as people on here are raving about it.

As i now have another £11 to spend any suggestions?? I dont want games that can be bought phsically as i intend to get a full set of wii u games.

Any indie etc.

I have duck tales on psn also castle of illusion remake also the guana sisters platformer* i might be wrong about the name.

Anything else though please so when i can finally download it ill have lots of things to download.

Also i bought a premium console how does the thing work do i get say 10 percent off a game purchase or does it give me points when i spend a certain amount?? Sorry for waffling.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:10 pm

The Mighty Switch Force games, if you don't have them on 3DS or want at least the first game in HD (Second used upscaled the sprites rather then redraw them) are a fun blast while they last.

Ah well, hopefully its a sign of big Wii U sales as well as 3DS if we all took down the servers.......right? XD
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

sirpigmeat

Post by sirpigmeat » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:59 am

Darn that wiiU pro controller is expensive... 50 quid on amazon... I'll need one at some point I think ... but it kinda sticks in my craw a little as I could get 2 games for that amount... Will it drop in price much does anyone think?

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:00 am

Montytom wrote:Ive also been having trouble with the e shop. I finally put my card details in to put £10 on so i could get the nes classics but it kicked me out then tried again and it kicked me out.

Imagine my suprise when it says balance £20. Im not bothered about that but i still cannot download the game and i really want to as people on here are raving about it.

As i now have another £11 to spend any suggestions?? I dont want games that can be bought phsically as i intend to get a full set of wii u games.

Any indie etc.

I have duck tales on psn also castle of illusion remake also the guana sisters platformer* i might be wrong about the name.

Anything else though please so when i can finally download it ill have lots of things to download.

Also i bought a premium console how does the thing work do i get say 10 percent off a game purchase or does it give me points when i spend a certain amount?? Sorry for waffling.
Nice! get it spent quick before they realise :lol:
by NES Classics do you mean NES Remix?, if not then get it immediately! I agree with what the others have said-it really is an excellent game, ive spent ages on certain parts of it just trying to beat my previous score, which is something I don't usually bother doing, its addictive!

I would also recommend downloading Nano Assault Neo, Trine 2 & TNT Races which is a currently on sale :D

The Nintendo premium thing works by once you spend £50-60 (cant remember exact amount) you then get a free £5 eshop code to use

Also the Eshop is now up & running again, just got Mario 3 for 99p, nice.
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:05 am

sirpigmeat wrote:Darn that wiiU pro controller is expensive... 50 quid on amazon... I'll need one at some point I think ... but it kinda sticks in my craw a little as I could get 2 games for that amount... Will it drop in price much does anyone think?
£50!!! its 20 in asda, seen it a few days ago, and around £30 everywhere else usually.
I managed to get a second one new from GAME for a tenner when they had them on offer a couple of months ago, should have bought more!
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

Nautical Rudie

Post by Nautical Rudie » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Montytom wrote:As i now have another £11 to spend any suggestions?? I dont want games that can be bought phsically as i intend to get a full set of wii u games.
I bought my Wii U a few days before xmas, first thing I downloaded was Runner 2: Legend of Future Rhythm Alien, and I love it to bits. Its only a tenner, go grab it now!
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1873-6926. Give me a shout if you add me!

sirpigmeat

Post by sirpigmeat » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:28 pm

TheNewMonkey wrote:
sirpigmeat wrote:Darn that wiiU pro controller is expensive... 50 quid on amazon... I'll need one at some point I think ... but it kinda sticks in my craw a little as I could get 2 games for that amount... Will it drop in price much does anyone think?
£50!!! its 20 in asda, seen it a few days ago, and around £30 everywhere else usually.
I managed to get a second one new from GAME for a tenner when they had them on offer a couple of months ago, should have bought more!
Cool I'll have to have a shop around then... Its dropped to 39.99 on amazon now but its out of stock anyway... strange

thesubcon3

Post by thesubcon3 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:43 pm

thesubcon3

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Picked up Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics 2014 since it was under £17 on ShopTo (Even less with my credit). Not too shabby, more or less identical to the last Winter Games, but with more of an online presence, not just in multiplayer but a lot with the leaderboards as you'll get alerts every time one of your friends gets a new high score/ best time, so you might enjoy it if that's your thing, as well as the usual Wiimote stuff....

Waiting on CeX for Sonic Lost Worlds (Did not have a lot of money left, but they had it for £22 so ordered with with a bunch of other stuff to justify the £2.50 postage...).
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:49 pm

ALK wrote:Picked up Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics 2014 since it was under £17 on ShopTo (Even less with my credit). Not too shabby, more or less identical to the last Winter Games, but with more of an online presence, not just in multiplayer but a lot with the leaderboards as you'll get alerts every time one of your friends gets a new high score/ best time, so you might enjoy it if that's your thing, as well as the usual Wiimote stuff....
Snap. You can send daft photos as well, so I've done a couple of those just to scare people on my friend list with :lol: Feel exactly the same way about it as well. It's a decent enough game, pretty much what I expected, but not really much of a upgrade from the Wii Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games at all, and I'm not particularly fond of using the Wii U Gamepad for snowboarding (or anything motion based) to be honest, the Wii Remote Motionplus feels a lot more responsive to me so I use that wherever possible.

Really umming and ahing about picking up Resident Evil Revelations and Rayman Legends at the mo (as they're cheap) but I've already got RE: Revelations on 3DS and Rayman Legends on Vita so I'm not sure if it's entirely worth me bothering or not, asides from getting to play them on the TV with a proper controller.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

sirpigmeat

Post by sirpigmeat » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Having a great time playing Pikmin 3, its brilliant... My wife is addicted to it as well...

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:06 pm

I'm on the WiiU now.
swampy101 is my tag please add me.
I was playing Metroid Prime on my WiiU last night... God I love that game.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:52 pm

Can I suggest adding your name to the google doc in the first post, that way your id is there for all time with everyone elses rather than being lost in the thread after a few days.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:49 pm

Cheers for the heads up, Retrobob.

Can anyone explain why Resident Evil 4 looks quite blurry on the WiiU yet Metroid Prime looks quite crisp, both being GC games I thought they would look similar resolution wise.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:51 pm

Had my Wii U for a few days now, and already can't stand the thing.

Been trying to get money onto my eshop account for the past 2 hours, and Nintendo have made it a mission impossible to use any type of debit or credit card for the eshop (despite saying otherwise). I can't even purchase a download voucher for the same value as they are all sold out and rare as hens teeth because of the aforementioned problem.

Oh please please Nintendo, let me buy your ridiculously overpriced digital rehashes of 25 year old software.

Thank you Nintendo. You have really made me realise just how backwards a company you are, and I wish nothing but a slow and painful death in the industry now.