X-Box One/PS4: What have you got...

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Trixta

Re: X-Box One/PS4: What have you got...

Post by Trixta » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:29 pm

I don't have any interest in the tv features the xbox offers and none of that crap is gna work in the uk and the games only running at 720p. I'd love to play KI tho but cant justify £450 for console + £150 for fight stick just to play one game.

Play station for me has the better exclusives (other then titan fall which I'll get on pc because I feel shooters play better with kb+mouse). I've also got a vita so I can remote play while in bed (I have bed eyesight and only wear contacts, i tend to take them out around 10pm so cant see anything more then 10 feet away).

FTR I own both a ps3 and and xbox 360. Online wise, I find ps has a lot less of the little irritating scrotes that plague some games. I find a lot more old/mature players on playstation.
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:32 am

sscott wrote:PS4, just set it up a couple of hours ago, no issues at all, just prefer the Sony brand and like the new very clean user interface.
Same here. Once I have the extra cash I'll nab an Xbox One for Killer Instinct (which MS gave me for free) but in the mean time I'll end up enjoying Retsogun and the other launch games I've got. Besides there is a new Yakuza out in Feb and I'm sure that'll keep me occupied for a while...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:20 am

I got a PS4 with killzone shadowfall (not played yet) , Battlefield 4 , Knack , Ghosts and Marvel super heroes , swapped Knack for Madden 25 - got it up n running with no hassles , downloaded Resogun - which i was playing for 3 hours - its stunning !

Regards to psn - no problems here at all - linked up , signed in , got 14 days free subscription , its a lot easier to navigate than the ps3 and im very happy so far !
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:44 am

maybe we should make a ps4 psn id list or add it on this thread?
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:05 pm

I'll get a PS4 first, then Xbox One later.

I think Kinect's crap (no real use for serious gaming) and don't care about voice commands at all, so I'm not willing to pay £80 extra for it, plus I barely watch TV these days (just download anything I want to watch or use the i-players) so that aspect of the Xbox One is lost on me completely. Also, over the last year I've barely used my Xbox 360 and have really found myself using the PS3 much more, and Gears Of War asides, I've preferred Sony's exclusives all last gen (Uncharted, Motorstorm, etc.) and the likes of Killer Instinct doesn't appeal to me one bit (hated the original KI games). Plus I've already got a PS Vita, so I'll be able to use the Vita/PS4 connectivity.

Certain games will get me playing the Xbox One when they hit though, like the inevitable new Gears Of War that I'm sure is in development, and Crackdown if they make another one of those.

Don't see the need to buy either yet though. I did have a PS4 ordered until I saw the launch line up and cancelled. All the best games are still appearing on Wii U/Xbox 360/PS3 at the mo.
Trixta wrote:maybe we should make a ps4 psn id list or add it on this thread?
No need, everyone's existing Xbox 360 gamertags and PS3 IDs transfer straight across to the new consoles AFAIK. There's already a stickied thread for usernames, loads of people (like myself) have them in their sigs as well.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:23 pm

^ they do, my PS3 ID immediately transferred to my PS4 no problem.

James A

Post by James A » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Wii U yesterday from Play on the black Friday deals (I think I have but that's a long story with my cards playing up and three orders going through)

With regards to the other two bar Battlefield 4 online theres nothing that interests me till Titanfall and theres not a lot after that but that may change. In town today everywhere was charging £54.99 for the games which is another big put off and the digital prices are a p1ss take.

CEX seemed to have both in stock in Grantham & Nottingham although there charging £520 for them. Did ask what they gave for trade in on the Kinnect camera for the Xbox one which got some laughs but no answers (Very valid question I thought)

Even though im going to slim my collection down ive got plenty to last me till this time next year or longer.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:08 pm

In town today everywhere was charging £54.99 for the games which is another big put off and the digital prices are a p1ss take.
good grief! £55 for games that are not as good as the stuff you can get on the 360 or PS3, awful pricing.

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:20 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
In town today everywhere was charging £54.99 for the games which is another big put off and the digital prices are a p1ss take.
good grief! £55 for games that are not as good as the stuff you can get on the 360 or PS3, awful pricing.
I never understood that - how about for the first couple of weeks, or even a month, game companies sell games slightly cheaper than their usual RRP - I'm sure it would help drum up interest for the new machines and the games would sell slightly better.

Buy reducing the prices of the first batch of games, surely it would only be a win-win situation for console manus and consumer alike.

Are MS and SONY still losing money on these consoles? I know that for a long period the business model dictated the companies would generally lose money on console sales, yet make it back on the games/software - is that still true of todays machines?

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:28 pm

I have both :-/

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Mootown wrote:I have both :-/
The mans RICH I tell you!!!!

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:29 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
You seem jealous and a tad bitter to me! :wink: You comparing the first few launch titles to a seven year library of last gen titles? Why?

You get things on release day you pay the price, that's the pay off, why not wait 15 years and buy it in a car boot for £20? No having a go at you in particular but people need to lighten up!!!

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:33 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
Exactly the reason I opted to stay with 360 for a while.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:40 pm

sscott wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
You seem jealous and a tad bitter to me! :wink: You comparing the first few launch titles to a seven year library of last gen titles? Why?

You get things on release day you pay the price, that's the pay off, why not wait 15 years and buy it in a car boot for £20? No having a go at you in particular but people need to lighten up!!!
:lol: Dude, that's seriously OTT. I know exactly what he's saying, and the reason I haven't bothered upgrading. It's nothing to do with 'jealousy' at all. The prices are silly. I can afford it- I choose not to when 360 games are fab, plentiful, and dirt cheap.
It's nothing to do with waiting for 20 years for a car boot sale :lol: Simply waiting until the initial demand and craze settles- Then there's a few more titles, a bit more competition about, demand goes down a bit, prices drop. It's not about lightening up- It's about looking at the prices, laughing, and suggesting they **** off for a while! :lol:
I personally felt the launch prices of the hardware was good- But the software is silly, knowing full well with limited titles on the shelf new console owners have to buy something to play on it :wink:

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:59 pm

sscott wrote: You get things on release day you pay the price, that's the pay off, why not wait 15 years and buy it in a car boot for £20? No having a go at you in particular but people need to lighten up!!!
Ha ha! :lol: :lol: :lol: ace.