Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

sscott

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by sscott » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Me and Felgekarp sorted out our rooms for Sat night so all set. :D

Spyke

Post by Spyke » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:43 am

I have no gaming T-shirts but will be there both days. I'll be the guy wandering around with a look of "WHOA!" on my face. Will there be a RG get-together at any point?

Ant
PAL PS2, GC+freeloader, PAL PS1 (Jp-import-chipped), Jp Sega Saturn, PAL DC
Sore thumbs

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:24 pm

I'm on call that weekend and can't get out of it so unable to go.

http://youtu.be/mzgT-fg01vY :evil:
HADDOCKEN!

Dam

Post by Dam » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:01 pm

sscott wrote:Me and Felgekarp sorted out our rooms for Sat night so all set. :D
Mind if I ask which hotel? I had a hard time finding something, I've booked for Premier Inn North, its hella expensive, but I can cancel it if I find something cheaper/better.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Dam wrote:
Mind if I ask which hotel? I had a hard time finding something, I've booked for Premier Inn North, its hella expensive, but I can cancel it if I find something cheaper/better.
Copthorne Hotel, it's about 10 minutes away by car from the looks of it, we managed to get a cheap room last night but I'm not sure if they're still doing them.
Splink!

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Dam wrote:
i'm a manchester native, i'll hit the net and see what i can find for you dude
edit- ramada at salford quays is £87, camponile is cheap but a ****hole. the copthorne is not all that close to event city and i wouldnt walk if you dont know the route, premier inns are always expensive at short notice, i got ours for a fraction of what they go for now. i will scope out more around salford quays and media city, i work near there and am staying up there too, if you want help getting about give me a shout and i can meet you if you want

Dam

Post by Dam » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:42 pm

flatapex wrote:
Dam wrote:
i'm a manchester native, i'll hit the net and see what i can find for you dude
edit- ramada at salford quays is £87, camponile is cheap but a ****hole. the copthorne is not all that close to event city and i wouldnt walk if you dont know the route, premier inns are always expensive at short notice, i got ours for a fraction of what they go for now. i will scope out more around salford quays and media city, i work near there and am staying up there too, if you want help getting about give me a shout and i can meet you if you want
Hey thanks for taking the trouble to do this. TBH I wish I had booked the closer premier inn (North, I've actually booked the West, despite what I said above) months ago, but I wasn't 100% sure I'd be able to make the event. My original plan was to try and stay near city centre, because if I end up boozing in town on saturday night, then a taxi back to the trafford centre cost me nearly £20 last year!

badger2609

Post by badger2609 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Hey thanks for taking the trouble to do this. TBH I wish I had booked the closer premier inn (North, I've actually booked the West, despite what I said above) months ago, but I wasn't 100% sure I'd be able to make the event. My original plan was to try and stay near city centre, because if I end up boozing in town on saturday night, then a taxi back to the trafford centre cost me nearly £20 last year!
My mate and I stayed at the large Premier Inn near the Trafford Centre last year, and it was ideal for Event City, but like you said it's a trek when you've had a few shandies in town. This year we've booked into an Ibis in the city centre, much easier to bus in and out during the day rather than joining the taxi scrum at the end of the night. We got the Ibis for about £80 each for the 3 nights, fri, sat and sunday. Good luck tracking a room down for a decent price

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Late night bus is only about £2

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:22 pm

[
had a quick look on the premier inn website and nothing around tc has any vacancies for the saturday

will look more into it, suffering with glandular inflammation so cant see me going into work much this week

Dam

Post by Dam » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:19 pm

DPrinny wrote:Late night bus is only about £2
Tipsy and in an unfamiliar town, I'm hardly going to find the night bus am I? As I'm no longer going Friday as I hoped, maybe I just won't bother going out on the saturday night, it seemed a bit of a hassle last year.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Dam wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Late night bus is only about £2
Tipsy and in an unfamiliar town, I'm hardly going to find the night bus am I? As I'm no longer going Friday as I hoped, maybe I just won't bother going out on the saturday night, it seemed a bit of a hassle last year.
there are eating and drinking venues in the trafford centre, and an arcade (as i found out a few pages back)

plus i checked out the night buses and the last one that stops at the trafford centre leaves manchester at 11:20, i'm probably going to either eat at one of the restaurants at the tc or over near old trafford (i'm going with my missus and one of us will have to drive- we are not exactly drinkers though)

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:01 am

Last year a group of us shared a taxi back so it only cost about £4 each. Worth arranging something if you are all going out to the same place :D

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:01 am

hope everyone going has a blast, still pissed off i cant make it :(

Dam

Post by Dam » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:33 am

Helensification wrote:Last year a group of us shared a taxi back so it only cost about £4 each. Worth arranging something if you are all going out to the same place :D
Assuming everyone wants to go home at the same time of course. Last year I had a bit of a mardy and went home early on my own hence the £20 taxi fare. This year I'm coming with the full intent of not having a mardy, but even then I'm not really into staying out til 4am.