3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

kiwimike

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by kiwimike » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:51 pm

There's some ripper deals around.

Found Madden really cheap online so grabbed it, it sounds okay for the casual player that just wants to play the odd game without all the stats etc. No multiplayers a shame, and lack of features is pretty lazy. The game itself looks like it looks sounds and plays well though.
Also got my eye on Sims 3 thats cheap.

I'm also open to games suggestions, wouldn't mind a good FPS for the 3DS collection as well. My own immediate games to seek out personally were Luigis Mansion 2, RE Revelations, Zelda OOT. I also was quick to pick up Mario games: Kart, 3D World, Tennis, you can generally rely on those to be fun.
Starfox 64 3D is also great.

Think I mentioned this previously through this topic, or somewhere around here anyway...My wish list would be the N64 'trilogy' of Racers in 1080, Waverace and Excitebike; Jet Set Gemini and Conkers BFD; and a really good Port of Doom 1/2. :)

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:37 pm

I don't think there are any FPSs on the 3DS yet are there?
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:40 am

ALK wrote:I don't think there are any FPSs on the 3DS yet are there?
Time for one then...Or Metroid Prime makeover release! :)

Roo

Post by Roo » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:20 am

In regards to games I'd recommend, it depends on how much you're willing to spend - here in the UK, you can get stuff for under a fiver, but other games will you more than £30.

Let's look at the former. While we're on the subject of cheap games, I'd get myself over to GAME, where they were selling Crush 3D and Shinobi for £4.99 apiece. HMV were selling Super Street Fighter IV 3D and Super Monkey Ball 3D for the same price when I was last in. The sublime Ridge Racer 3D shouldn't cost you much more, and Steel Diver is an interesting experiment that's worth a go at the sub-£10 price it seems to keep. You'd also perhaps like to download Tetris Axis from the eShop for £8.99 - there's a ton of content there, making it very good value for money. The eShop has some great exclusive downloadables too, such as Pullblox, Mutant Mudds, HyrdoVenture and Gunman Clive. I'd go for all of those.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:37 am

Rayne wrote:Don't suppose anyone has a Monster Hunter buddy code they don't plan on using? :oops:

I could trade a bit of retro or bits and pieces :)
PM sent.

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:44 am

Wow, didnt think anyone would respond to that.

Hey me too, any share MH3 codes for a game, give us a shout. :3
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:34 am

I actually got a MH code from a local friend, so thanks a million to antmeister but I can pass on it :)

Gazry

Post by Gazry » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:36 pm

Any other people wanting to share a code? I have just registered my 3DS. Also, after registering will I be able to get a code of my own to share or has Nintendo put something in place to stop that?

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:39 pm

Man, that would be a site to see.

Metroid Prime 4 for the 3ds. Make it happen Nintendo

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Other M style for 3DS PLEASE! Gameplay style rather than plot though.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:52 pm

samhain81 wrote:

Even if they ported Trilogy over to it, that would be mighty impressive.

Mind you, it would make the Circle Pad a little more necessary at least, right? XD
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:42 pm

ALK wrote:
samhain81 wrote:

Even if they ported Trilogy over to it, that would be mighty impressive.

Mind you, it would make the Circle Pad a little more necessary at least, right? XD
They could revert back to the Gamecube controls which only used the C-stick for weapon selection, you could do that on the touch screen instead.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Perhaps. Its been so long since I played the GC originals, I forgot what exactly the C Stick did. XD Thought control stick was to move around and C was for moving your arm cannon. XD

Or they can do whatever they did for the DS game I guess....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:02 pm

Had a go of Donkey Kong Country last night and I was really impressed! The controls are tight, the gameplay is challenging and the stages are vibrant and colourful. With all the collectibles I can see myself spending a good deal of time on it.

I also had a go of the Castlevania demo - pretty unimpressed. I loved the various DS iterations but this game plays little like them. Hate the visual style too - dark, dull & dreary. I'll wait until it hits the bargain bin (IF it hits the bargain bin!)

batman877

Post by batman877 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:47 am

Rayne wrote:Had a go of Donkey Kong Country last night and I was really impressed! The controls are tight, the gameplay is challenging and the stages are vibrant and colourful. With all the collectibles I can see myself spending a good deal of time on it.
My thoughts exactly; although the difficulty is still slightly too high for me - I'll never get all the collectibles.
Rayne wrote:I also had a go of the Castlevania demo - pretty unimpressed. I loved the various DS iterations but this game plays little like them. Hate the visual style too - dark, dull & dreary.
Again, I agree. The visuals are really poor, they should have stuck with 2D. The gameplay is also a chore - it just feels like you're constantly just climbing back up from where you fall because the level design is awful.

I've also been playing the new Fire Emblem quite a bit - it's really really good. It actually makes you care about your characters and it's all brought together by a well scripted story line. Probably one of the best 3DS games so far.