What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DreamcastRIP

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri May 03, 2013 4:41 pm

The Laird wrote:Got these 2 Wii games today for £10 8) ...
Is that fifty-eight Wii games that you now have, Mr. Nintendo Hater?!!11!1!!1 :shock:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

killbot

Post by killbot » Sat May 04, 2013 3:44 pm

I've been after a copy of Duck Tales for the NES for ages, but it's really hard to find for a sensible price. So today I picked up the Game Boy conversion for a relatively meagre £3, and was delighted to find it plays and looks almost as good as the home version, especially when played through the Super Game Boy. Yeah, quite pleased with that.

Bought a copy of Game & Watch Gallery 3 at the same time but annoyingly that didn't work when I got it home. Boo!

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat May 04, 2013 4:24 pm

killbot wrote:I've been after a copy of Duck Tales for the NES for ages, but it's really hard to find for a sensible price. So today I picked up the Game Boy conversion for a relatively meagre £3, and was delighted to find it plays and looks almost as good as the home version, especially when played through the Super Game Boy. Yeah, quite pleased with that.
Yeah, the prices are a little silly. I've still got my (boxed with instructions) copies of both Duck Tales & Duck Tales 2 for the NES that I bought from Game years ago for a fiver each, and gave away a spare cart only copy to Astaroth about a year back that I rescued from a local second hand shop for £2.50...I think the HD remake that's coming soon is probably increasing interest and driving up prices a little at the moment.

Just preordered (and paid for) a US copy of Dragon's Crown on PS3 from Play Asia as I really like the look of it (and not just because of the sorceress in it :wink: ) and a EU release is still up in the air at the moment.
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat May 04, 2013 5:53 pm

I mysteriously received an NTSC copy of GODS for the SNES plus a converter to play it on a PAL machine in the post today. I have absolutely no idea who sent it me as there was no note or anything with the package. It must have been one of you guys....so thank you very much indeed and make yourself known, so i can give you a virtual hug! :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun May 05, 2013 6:50 am

Just showing off

Picked this up
14" of B&W fun

Last weekend
£5, Speccy works, unsure about the TV as I have no plug for it.
Anyone got a spare?

All comics free, games £5, Naruto disc is a bit scratched (nothing really bad), but its for charity so if it dont work im not botherd

C16, dont know if works and a Amiga power brick £5
£5 NESclone (One ive been after) annoyingly it has a overseas plug on it, manual is in Spanish I think, only info I can find on it is in Finish site
£1 Joystick (NES) (Go for about £30 on Ebay)

A great week for me

Hur hur

englebert3rd

Post by englebert3rd » Sun May 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Got the WiiU, so far only got Nintendoland for it. But I'm liking it, and liking the Wii upscaling.
Bought Comix Zone from eBay for £18, not a bad price as it's in good condition with manual.
Own: Master System, Mega Drive+II, SNES, Jaguar, Saturn, PS1, N64, GBC, GBA+SP+Micro, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, PSP Phat+Slim+3000, NDS Lite, NDSi XL, XBox 360, PS3, Wii, PS Vita.
3DS Friend Code: 1220-6699-2838 - Playing AC: New Leaf and RE: Rev

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun May 05, 2013 2:19 pm

englebert3rd wrote:Got the WiiU... liking the Wii upscaling.
Wii U upscales Wii games? Really?
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun May 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Space_turnip wrote:Star Wars collection on Steam. £23! £23?! Absolute bargain. Only had Dark Forces already, although I have a few more on disc, but it's worth it seeing as I was planning on buying Empire at War and the KOTOR's this weekend anyway!

I was going to pick that pack up but it's gone up to £35 now. No sale :(

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Sun May 05, 2013 3:43 pm

It was worth it at the lower price, probably best to just get the good games and not the poor ones (Starfighter, Republic Heroes) now they've put it up, although Steam have no keys for Empire at War at the moment so there's a fair few annoyed people waiting rather impatiently. Bit annoying as thats the one game I really wanted, but been spending the time going through the others instead.
Last edited by Space_turnip on Sun May 05, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tux

Post by tux » Sun May 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Picked up an official lcd ps1 slim screen(with a ps1-no wires) at my local car boot for £2 today. Plus Monopoly on Megadrive for 50p!

thl

Post by thl » Sun May 05, 2013 7:31 pm

My recent purchase was Tetris from PS Store.

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Mon May 06, 2013 4:09 pm

englebert3rd wrote:Got the WiiU, so far only got Nintendoland for it. But I'm liking it, and liking the Wii upscaling.
Bought Comix Zone from eBay for £18, not a bad price as it's in good condition with manual.
erm.. no it doesnt :lol:

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon May 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Traded in a couple of games and bought Far Cry 3. Can see why people are raving about it. I'm absolutely loving it at the moment.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue May 07, 2013 1:24 pm

all for ps2 complete in very good condition:
sum of all fears
cold winter
MOH European assault
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue May 07, 2013 2:37 pm

They Bleed Pixels (PC/Steam) from GMG for £1.90.