Worst game in the world, Rpund 2, Heat B

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Round 2, Heat B

Poll ended at Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Shaq Fu - Mega drive
12%
Green beret - C16
14%
Chase hq - C64
10%
Pit fighter - Arcade
17%
Bomb jack 2 -zx spectrum
2%
Rise of the robots - All
19%
Superman - N64
14%
Dark castle - Megadrive
12%

Total votes: 58

Kickboxingshrimp

Worst game in the world, Rpund 2, Heat B

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Next up.....
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

gman72

Re: Worst game in the world, Rpund 2, Heat B

Post by gman72 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Pit Shiter and Green Beret... easy.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:14 pm

I just don't 'get' the hate for the arcade coin-op Pit Fighter.

I suspect many of those who rag on it have only ever played the game on a home computer/console. Or maybe they didn't experience the game at the time it was released and so dismiss it because it's not Street Fighter II et al.
Last edited by DreamcastRIP on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:16 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:I just don't 'get' the hate for the arcade coin-op Pit Fighter. I suspect many of those who rag on it have only ever played the game on a home computer/console.
Pit Fighter arcade. Played in Showboat. Total crap. Like playing a digitised rock, paper, scissors game with tourettes.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Hardest poll yet, there were quite a few games there I wanted to vote for but I just cannot look past Superman on the N64 and Dark Castle on the MD, possibly the 2 worst games ever made.

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Very easy first choice, certainly the worst game in my collection, and the worst I have played, Green Beret.

Second choice is a bit more tricky, Chase HQ on C64 is a terrible conversion, but although there is no sense of speed, terribly drawn cars, and pathetic sound for the machine, it is still a better game than Rise Of the Robots, although that is like trying to work out which of two blocked sewers smells the worst.

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Chase HQ on the 64 all the way, deservedly on the last issue of RG. A disgrace. Luckily after that Power Drift, Turbo Outrun, Chase HQ 2, Outrun Europa and Turbo Charge followed 8)

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark

clarance

Post by clarance » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:32 pm

gman72 wrote:Pit Shiter and Green Beret... easy.
Yup.
Death may be your Santa Claus.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Hiro wrote:Chase HQ on the 64 all the way
Yup
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:51 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Hiro wrote:Chase HQ on the 64 all the way
Yup
Yup.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

thebear

Post by thebear » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm going to abstain!!!!

I think only one I've played is pit fighter and while it wasn't great it shouldn't really be here

As someone else said every single home conversion was worse so why is the arcade here??
one of the biggest collections of classic 70's, 80'S and on wrestling and boxing around - http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:52 pm

thebear wrote:I'm going to abstain!!!!

I think only one I've played is pit fighter and while it wasn't great it shouldn't really be here

As someone else said every single home conversion was worse so why is the arcade here??
It's one of those games that it's popular to hate it seems. This is evidenced by the fact that it's the only game to appear twice in these polls :roll:

No other game appears more than once here. The SNES, Gameboy, Amstrad, C64, Spectrum and Master System versions are an absolute abomination yet the hugely popular arcade game that is still being re-released on arcade compilations to this day was judged more worthy :?

Look how Rise Of The Robots can be on "all" but Pit-Fighter must be mentioned on separate formats, makes no sense at all. :roll:

That's the logic of this forum for you.

thebear

Post by thebear » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:56 pm

The Laird wrote:
thebear wrote:I'm going to abstain!!!!

It's one of those games that it's popular to hate it seems. This is evidenced by the fact that it's the only game to appear twice in these polls :roll:

No other game appears more than once here. The SNES, Gameboy, Amstrad, C64, Spectrum and Master System versions are an absolute abomination yet the hugely popular arcade game that is still being re-released on arcade compilations to this day was judged more worthy :?

That's the logic of this forum for you.
Think starter from a nominations thread, but maybe people ended up going for over rates rather than worst

Like said there are probably 6 or 7 worse versions of pit fighter than the arcade one so makes no sense
one of the biggest collections of classic 70's, 80'S and on wrestling and boxing around - http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee

AmigaJay

Post by AmigaJay » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Wow closest and hardest poll so far!

Regarding why some games have 'all' and others pick a format is because people who originally stated which games also said which versions, it's their choice... there's no conspiracy! :lol:

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:02 pm

There are several reasons why i hate Pit Fighter and each and every one of them is because its rubbish. I have actually not played many of the home versions mainly the arcade version a few times back in the day and thought then as I do now that it sucked at the root end.
All opinions expressed in this post are just that and should not be reacted to by owners of a conflicting opinion although it must be stressed that the poor, misguided buffoons with conflicting opinions can go choke a chicken... which, come to think of it, would be much, much more fun than playing the sorry excuse for a game that is Pit Fighter Arcade. :D
Sorry... too much coffee. :lol:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD