What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

koopa42

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by koopa42 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:25 pm

snowkatt wrote:
Rayne wrote:Skyrim.

My life is forfeit.
well when you dissapear we know what happend then
Skyrim is always and I mean always on my mind to play. I've not played it this year ..... so far LOL but with finishing Duke Nukem and the fact that I'm not feeling it with Far Cry 3? it could yet again eat my gaming life.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:31 pm

koopa42 wrote:
snowkatt wrote:
Rayne wrote:Skyrim.

My life is forfeit.
well when you dissapear we know what happend then
Skyrim is always and I mean always on my mind to play. I've not played it this year ..... so far LOL but with finishing Duke Nukem and the fact that I'm not feeling it with Far Cry 3? it could yet again eat my gaming life.
I'm doing my first playthrough with my super-hot nord lass, specializing in sneaky, single shot kill arrows. Playing with graphic enhancers which makes it look beautiful.

My next playthrough (10 hours in and I'm already dreaming of my next) will be a bare-handed argonian. Then I'll start playing with some of the zanier mods :D

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Ah to be that young in Skyrim playing :oops: I'm on my 7 or 8th build? A vampire Lord Dark Elf that just potters about decimating all. Skyrim deffo gives you that 'hmmmmmm I'll have a mess about with that on my next build' vibe.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:35 pm

i have yet to play skyrim and i already have the game for almost a year

want to finish nv and a few others first
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

mrbungle

Post by mrbungle » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:35 am

Trials Evolution - will never get sick of throwing that ragdoll guy about! :) :twisted:

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 am

koopa42 wrote:Ah to be that young in Skyrim playing :oops: I'm on my 7 or 8th build? A vampire Lord Dark Elf that just potters about decimating all. Skyrim deffo gives you that 'hmmmmmm I'll have a mess about with that on my next build' vibe.
I get that Fallout 3 but inevitably fall back into single shot stealthy sneaker.....

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:43 am

I'm the opposite - stealth for Obliv/Skyrim but Fallout 3 + vats + grimreaper + hardest setting = some of the best mega battles ever!

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:07 am

Anyone got Two Worlds 2 for the pc? Great co-op

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:23 am

samhain81 wrote:Anyone got Two Worlds 2 for the pc? Great co-op
i only got two worlds 1
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

MattyC64c

Post by MattyC64c » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:20 am

I've finally started playing Skrim, and it's pretty awesome. It was sitting on a shelf for the past four months. I've put about 20 odd hours into it so far, and I've already purchased my first house in Whiterun for 5,000 Gold. There is so much to do in this game. :D

Does anyone know why when I sleep in my own bed at my house, I don't get the message saying 'Well rested'? Yet I'm pretty certain if I sleep in an Inn I get the bonus?

I've still got Fallout New Vegas to play too!

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:27 am

Inns and own beds +10% exp bonus, other beds 5% ...... Both last 8 hours and are well worth it

giss

Post by giss » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:49 pm

Temple Run 2 (Android)
Been playing this quite a bit today at work ( :roll: ) and like it a lot so far. Saw people complain about it being laggy and it ruins the game because it causes random deaths. I haven't had any issues on my Galaxy SIII so fun, it runs like clockwork. My highscore is nothing impressive so far but then again I'm not that great at these kind of game, but I do enjoy a good "pick up and play arcade-style" game. Currently at 2.890.563 points and 10.730 meters (with 4.324 coins). But I need to upgrade the score multiplier before really going for the high scores.

Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
Yes I know I'm very late to the party, but oh what a party it is. Masterpiece. So atmospheric I find myself being dragged into it again and again and totally forgetting time. Playing it very seriously and not skipping and dialogue under and circumstances and it does have some really good writing imo. I hope it never ends.

Team Fortress 2 (PC)
Still play this every time I get the chance. No exceptions. 716 hours played so far - not enough.

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Wii day today!!!

House of the dead overkill - superb with my pistol attachment for the wiimote...

Up - Really good fun

but...wow...and I mean WOW is Kirby Epic Yarn the prettiest game ever? those graphics are nothing short of amazing and the game itself is just brilliant....

This is going to take up most of my time over the next week or two....

theres a wii U sitting on top of my wii, but playing Kirby on my old wii via Component cable is as good as anything I have seen this gen...

Wii U games on Monday when I get paid.....

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Dawnguard today, I'm kinda enjoying it, but the big quests weren't what skyrim was all about for me...not sure how far I have left to go.... Will.need to get dragonborn next!
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Silent hill downpour. It has some bugs and the fighting is still a bit naff but so far this is the best survival horror this gen, standards have been low so I wouldn't count this as a great game, but it's great for a bit of old school exploration and puzzles.