Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

snowkatt

Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Post by snowkatt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:30 pm

a 20 year old man has shot 27 people in an elementary school in connecticut in the usa
under which apparantly his own mother who was a teacher there
and her complete class of 18 students
before shooting an addition 7 adults and then killing himself ( though the suicide of the perpetrator is still conflicted i have heard conflicting reports )

read the whole news story here http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/nyreg ... ml?hp&_r=0

as for my own comment ?
disgusting
this world is getting crazier by the minute

edit : edited the title
Last edited by snowkatt on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

r0jaws

Re: shooter shoots 27 people in elmentary school in the u

Post by r0jaws » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:42 pm

This is appalling, both my kids are primary school age and I can't imagine what the parents are going through.
However, it won't be long before the arguments about guns in the USA come out again. Personally I can think of no reason or justification for a private citizen to own a firearm which is not used directly as part of their job. Firearms, if needed, should be strictly controlled, kept secured in an armoury and only released when absolutely essential to properly trained and licensed individuals.
I would even withdraw the use of shotguns from farmers if I had any say about it whatsoever. Unless you are going to war, no one needs, or should believe that they have the right to own, a piece of equipment specifically designed to kill a human being.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:04 pm

i remember when I first went to the us, to florida, my missus got a ring stolen from the hotel which brought us into contact with local law enforcement. He basically told us it was the british fault they had the right to take arms. Right....

this is terrible.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Just like to remind people

fox news are already pointing there figures at video games

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:22 pm

DPrinny wrote:Just like to remind people

I didn't know that LOL then googled it and found:
In 2012 the FDA re-issued their import alert stating “The imbedded non-nutritive objects in these confectionery products may pose a public health risk as the consumer may unknowingly choke on the object.” [
and thought:
The FDA are rightly worried that thick, fat American tramps will swallow this whole, choke, and those that survive will sue for millions, use the millions to buy more kinder chocolate, choke on it and should they survive, sue for millions ad infinitum

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:42 pm

r0jaws wrote:However, it won't be long before the arguments about guns in the USA come out again. Personally I can think of no reason or justification for a private citizen to own a firearm which is not used directly as part of their job. Firearms, if needed, should be strictly controlled, kept secured in an armoury and only released when absolutely essential to properly trained and licensed individuals.
I would even withdraw the use of shotguns from farmers if I had any say about it whatsoever. Unless you are going to war, no one needs, or should believe that they have the right to own, a piece of equipment specifically designed to kill a human being.
So how come farmers shouldn't be allowed shotguns when they're job, in some instances, requires it?
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:45 pm

koopa42 wrote:

I didn't know that LOL then googled it and found:
In 2012 the FDA re-issued their import alert stating “The imbedded non-nutritive objects in these confectionery products may pose a public health risk as the consumer may unknowingly choke on the object.” [
and thought:
The FDA are rightly worried that thick, fat American tramps will swallow this whole, choke, and those that survive will sue for millions, use the millions to buy more kinder chocolate, choke on it and should they survive, sue for millions ad infinitum
Ill admit it, that id be so hungry and board after eating one id eat the toy

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:40 pm

I can single-handedly guarantee that whenever something like this happens, someone (nearly always a journalist) will try to find a link with video-games or movies - that too must be written in the constitution.

However, they do have some ground - it was proven that the perpetrators of both Columbine and Virginia Tech were known fans of video-games and or movies. The Virginia Tech nut actually re-created poses from the film Oldboy, and Columbine killers were known to big big Doom fans.

Even that nutter who dressed up as the Joker from TDK, was obviously inspired by a form of media - I mean he dressed up as a character who's sole motive was murder, carnage and chaos.

It is a really, really shocking incident - but it's unlikely to change gun laws. I'm originally from a small town in Texas called Hunt (not far from San Antonio) and this issue has been discussed ad infinitum. The NRA (National Rifle Association) is one of the most powerful lobbys in the Country, and the majority of both Democrats and Republicans would be un-willing to attempt to make any change.

One thing is for sure - if anybody in the Administration, present or future President, tried to ban guns out-right, there would be a Civil War. You probably don't understand how many people in the US believe in their RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS as stated in the constitution.

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:40 pm

I can single-handedly guarantee that whenever something like this happens, someone (nearly always a journalist) will try to find a link with video-games or movies - that too must be written in the constitution.

However, they do have some ground - it was proven that the perpetrators of both Columbine and Virginia Tech were known fans of video-games and or movies. The Virginia Tech nut actually re-created poses from the film Oldboy, and Columbine killers were known to big big Doom fans.

Even that nutter who dressed up as the Joker from TDK, was obviously inspired by a form of media - I mean he dressed up as a character who's sole motive was murder, carnage and chaos.

It is a really, really shocking incident - but it's unlikely to change gun laws. I'm originally from a small town in Texas called Hunt (not far from San Antonio) and this issue has been discussed ad infinitum. The NRA (National Rifle Association) is one of the most powerful lobbys in the Country, and the majority of both Democrats and Republicans would be un-willing to attempt to make any change.

One thing is for sure - if anybody in the Administration, present or future President, tried to ban guns out-right, there would be a Civil War. You probably don't understand how many people in the US believe in their RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS as stated in the constitution.

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:05 pm

So:

Media outs a guys facebook page claiming he was the killer.
Turns out the guy wasn't the killer, his brother was.
People are now calling Mass Effect to be banned because the killers brother liked it (people still think the innocent brother is the killer).
Last edited by GigaPepsiMan on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:38 pm

It's an awful tragedy and i cant even begin to imagine the grief these parents of the deceased must be feeling. I do not know how you could bring yourself to kill a child, let alone 20.
It's crazy how often you hear about these school shootings. One thing's for sure, i will never live in America with a child.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:15 pm

Even if you banded guns in America now there is just to many out there in the public to deal with. All the gangs would just secret stashes for their drive bys. Your ordinary joe public would still think like they do now that an intruder will have a gun so I will stash one. It's a free for all over there and they have gone past the point if no return. It would take one hell of a brave politician to even suggest it. Even if they just made it harder to get the bloody things. I always laughed at micheal moores films bowling for columbine at the fact you open a bank account at a bank and you get a free rifle :shock: guns are like chocolate over there

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:51 am

DoraemonTheCat wrote:......It is a really, really shocking incident - but it's unlikely to change gun laws. I'm originally from a small town in Texas called Hunt (not far from San Antonio) and this issue has been discussed ad infinitum. The NRA (National Rifle Association) is one of the most powerful lobbys in the Country, and the majority of both Democrats and Republicans would be un-willing to attempt to make any change.

Most people are aware that the right to bear arms was intended to be so that a Militia could arm itself in times of national defence. In a time when it was expected that people would provide their own weapons in times of conflict, when National provision of weaponry was limited.
That Amendment has led to the deaths of thousands of Americans, they will have to either change their mindset to maybe a Swiss model (which I believe was the original intention), or introduce gun controls over the next few decades. They managed to ban smoking virtually everywhere which was equally as widespread, powerfully lobbied for, and supported by the majority of people. It just takes a prolonged campaign to change the public mindset towards gun ownership.
Until then, Americans will always have to deal with their own people being murdered in this way. I am also thankful that I live in the UK, and the only time I pick up a rifle or even see one, is to train with it, post guard, or to take it into conflict.

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:21 am

Tens if not hundreds of millions of people in the world play video games - don't kill anyone.
One person plays video games and kills people.
YEP, IT'S DEFINITELY THE VIDEO GAMES!!!

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:44 am

Guns don't kill people, video games do!!!!