Your 3 most prized retro gaming items....

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

tux

Your 3 most prized retro gaming items....

Post by tux » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:37 am

As im still fairly new here, this topic seemed like a good way to see how and what people value in there own collections of retro gamming "stuff". The item's dont have to be the most expensive, or the rarest(alhough they can be), they could just be the most ammusing, or obscure or just the item you are always quickest to tell people you own out of pure pride!
thought it would be a good thread to see the werid and wonderfull of what you guys and gals own!
At the moment my 3 items i cherish the most are:-

Nintendo Gameboy x-ray star wars edition.Nitendo+Star wars in a limited edition box from the 90s= 8)

Hagane Snes pal. Complete. My luckiest find, bought in a big bundle and cost around 1.20p!

Boxed Commodore CDTV. Just for the fact its kinda my "geek" thing and shows i have a vauge interest in obscure and quite frankly crap computers as well as the generic good stuff.

I will post pics later(obviously with a tin of custard, riding a unicycle, whilst juggling knifes-or whatever proof is needed :wink: )

Over to you lot, pics would be cool too.

ulala

Re: Your 3 most prized retro gaming items....

Post by ulala » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:49 am

hmm, probably my PC engine. It is the machine that always gets the most attention as lots of people have never seen one before. The same could be true of my multi-mega too.

My full sized mame cab is very pleasurable, though a house move will dictate that i have to get rid of it (or keep it in a garage).

The Spectrum "Horizons" bundle tape will always be in my heart.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:06 am

My Jaguar CD - they go for silly money now and are really sought after.

Gorf for Jaguar CD - Paid £25 for it on release and its now worth nearly £1000

Boxed Japanese Lynx version of Klax - One of only 2 known to exist in the world and mine is in better condition than the other!

ulala

Post by ulala » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:14 am

Jagfest_UK wrote:My Jaguar CD - they go for silly money now and are really sought after.

Boxed Japanese Lynx version of Klax - One of only 2 known to exist in the world and mine is in better condition than the other!
They are your most rare/ expensive - but are they really your most prized?

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:28 am

Samba de Amigo official maracas set (Dreamcast, NTSC-J)
GORF Special Edition (Jaguar CD)
Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn, PAL)
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

tux

Post by tux » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:54 am

ulala wrote:My full sized mame cab is very pleasurable, though a house move will dictate that i have to get rid of it (or keep it in a garage).

Very jelous. Always wanted any full sized acade machine pretty much of any description but ,alas, the misses will never allow it. She pretty much goes into a seizure when ever i bring an old console home :lol:

Evermore

Post by Evermore » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:23 pm

I'll' go for value here: I'll pick one game per format or it will all end up Neo Geo!

1. The Last Blade 2 for the Neo Geo AES, Japanese version, complete with registration card. The highlight of my collection, this is worth a good few bob these days.

2. Radiant Silvergun for the Sega Saturn, complete with spinecard. Probably not worth as much as it once was a couple of years back, with still valuable and great to play.

3. Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64, boxed and complete. A fun title that is now worth twice as much as what I paid for it. Not that I'll ever sell it of course!

Value-wise, bubbling under I have my recently acquired factory sealed Super Mario Sunshine, Battle Gareega with spine for the Jap Saturn, King of Fighters 2002 and '98, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special and 2, and The Last Blade 1 for the Neo Geo AES, Zero Gunner 2 for the Dreamcast and Banjo-Tooie complete for the N64 all stand out as being worth about €100 or more.

Its fun to own valuable games, but I never sell my stuff so its not that big of a deal in all honesty. I love my cheap, beaten up copy of Sega Rally 1 just as much as any of the above rarities believe it or not!
Last edited by Evermore on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:26 pm

ulala wrote:
Jagfest_UK wrote:My Jaguar CD - they go for silly money now and are really sought after.

They are your most rare/ expensive - but are they really your most prized?
No they are not my most rare and expensive items. I have stuff rarer than what's listed here.

These are just my 3 favourite rare items.

killbot

Post by killbot » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:27 pm

1. Legend Of Zelda for the NES, boxed and compete with all the maps and manual.
2. Illusion Of Time for the SNES, again complete in box with all the manuals and maps.
3. Ooooh... probably Twilight Princess for the GC. Not insanely valuable, but it's something I was after for a while so I'm very pleased to get it.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:12 pm

1. My Vectrex.

2. My PSP with CFW, just because I get so much playing done on it.

3. My Vectrex.
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

tux

Post by tux » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:42 pm

it is hard to list your most prized items witout wandering into price list land, i fully accept that. Prized normally = rare and rare normally = ££££££. Although, anyone who has prized but rubbish and worthless items will be commended!

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:21 pm

1.Big box Planescape Torment.

2.Big Box Monkey Island with 'dial a pirate' code wheel

3.A fully modded 'baldurs Trilogy' (all 3 games rolled into 1 mega mod. Took me ages to do, and I'm chuffed with it.

None expensive (the only stuff I guess I've got which is slightly expensive is some harder-to-get DC titles), but all things that make me happy.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Not being a massive collector, most of the games kicking around are not overly sentimental and replaced now n again. I guess the Jamma cabinet with the 60 in 1 would be.
TBH as I've got older I enjoy reading more about the older games etc than playing them, so maybe the books n mags collection? I would love to collect the set of the early US Electronic Games magazine :)

mlucifersam

Post by mlucifersam » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:04 pm

1. My complete Spectrum 'Ultimate' collection.

2. A complete 'Crash' magazine collection with all the cover tapes.

3. Mint condition 'Conkers.. 'on the N64.
Last edited by mlucifersam on Thu May 23, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark R. Jones

Ocean Software Ltd FB page: http://www.facebook.com/OceanSoftwareLtd
Ultimate Play The Game FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ultimateptg

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:13 pm

My sega saturn because of vf2 my c64 as i have over 100 great titles for it and my gba which is my most prized as it has sentimental value as well as enjoy men value
This guy are sick