Reload Games, Newark, Notts.

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dam

Reload Games, Newark, Notts.

Post by Dam » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:14 pm

I was in Newark visiting family the other day, and was surprised to find a new indie game shop had opened up. Has a fair amount of retro, some reasonably priced (Boxed 32X for £49.99) some a bit silly like Sonic 1 for £12.99!!!

Apparantly it's owned by 3 guys who were made redundant when Gamestation closed down, there is a story here in the local paper:

http://www.newarkadvertiser.co.uk/artic ... -for-games

K1NGARTH3R

Re: Reload Games, Newark, Notts.

Post by K1NGARTH3R » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:29 pm

That's great, do you have the address of the store?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:44 pm

Good on them and good luck to them

Dam

Post by Dam » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:12 pm

K1NGARTH3R wrote:That's great, do you have the address of the store?
Article says its on 'middlegate', but Newark is quite small, you won't have trouble finding it!

James A

Post by James A » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:01 am

Ill have a look at that next weekend as its only a few miles down the road from where im living.

On a similat note there one in Lincoln centre that if found that had a very good selection of stock although some of the SNES stuff was pretty expensive. They did have quite a bit of rare stuff in though.

Dam

Post by Dam » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:54 pm

James A wrote:Ill have a look at that next weekend as its only a few miles down the road from where im living.

On a similat note there one in Lincoln centre that if found that had a very good selection of stock although some of the SNES stuff was pretty expensive. They did have quite a bit of rare stuff in though.
Is that the one near the indoor market? I've never been inside, last time I went past it was about 4pm and they had just closed up :x

I used to go to Lincoln quite often to watch the football, but I haven't been for ages.

ReloadGames

Post by ReloadGames » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:45 am

Hi there,

I know this is an old thread, but we just found it and wanted to say hello.

We have been open for about 8 months now in Newark, Notts. We sell pretty much everything from ZX Spectrum right through to the Wii U.

We also stock figurines and game memorabilia, along with second hand comics and graphic novels.

We trade in almost everything for in-store credit, we always say everything has a value.

To address the point the original poster made about our prices, we try to keep competitive and are always willing to budge on any prices that might be seen as too high. So don't worry Sonic has been price drop :).

Reload Games
19 Middlegate
Newark
Notts
NG24 1AG

info@reloadgames.co.uk

Catch us on Facebook: Reload Games

We also sell on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html? ... RFZOFF7NDF
We can hold products listed on Amazon instore for collection.

Thanks for the nice comments, hope to see some of you soon.

Kind Regards,
Ollie Swales
Reload Games

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 am

Hi Ollie

I just had a look at your Amazon store. I saw a couple of things of interest, but, there's always a.. .. well sometimes there's a 'but', the postage price seems unreasonably high. It's varied too, only by a few pence, and I found that off putting. £4.01, £4.04, £4.04, £4.07 all quoted for UK 3-5 day service, for different games and a 360 controller. I would have bought the item I saw without hesitation but the postage stopped me.

Dam

Post by Dam » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 pm

I'm often in Newark and I always try and call in for a browse. I actually came in last week and bought R-type and New Zealand Story for the master system, and had a moan about the way you've changed the display of master system and megadrive games so they are now difficult to look through. I rarely go anywhere without finding something to moan about!

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 pm

Added you to the Store Directory on my own website - http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/index. ... inks;cat=6

James A

Post by James A » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Been in just after new year and this is constructive criticism but the prices on the retro goods seemed to be all over the place especially the Gamecube games which i found to be very pricey. The current gen second hand stuff was very reasonably priced though. Will be going in again in the next few weeks.

ReloadGames

Post by ReloadGames » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:14 am

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know we are taking everything you've said into account.

We have just altered our postage price on Amazon, it's more around the £2 area. The problem with Amazon is it seems to change postage price by weight which can be a problem. though all our products are 2-3 day postage and are always Signed For. I hope the new prices will be more favourable.

We have had a look through our retro pricing again recently and have changed a few bits round. Though we are unsure what you meant by "prices all over the place"? I would like to try and remedy this if you could guide me. We always try to match our prices to other stores and to online prices so we can be as competitive as possible. As I mentioned before we are always open to feedback on prices.

Once again thanks for the feedback, we always want to improve. Finally thank you The Laird for adding us to your site it's much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ollie Swales
Reload Games