Collectors needed

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Stuart@retrogamer

Collectors needed

Post by Stuart@retrogamer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 am

Hi guys,

I’m looking for collectors to appear in gamesTM. So if anyone has anything especially rare or unique in their collection that they’d like to see showcased in the mag please drop me a line with the details via PM or email.

Cheers

The Laird

Re: Collectors needed

Post by The Laird » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:00 am

I have a few bits and pieces I will drop you a PM Stuart.

Stuart@retrogamer

Post by Stuart@retrogamer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:05 am

Cool, cheers man.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:46 am

I have the largest known collection of Action max "games"

Three tapes
Dont know if anyone else has more as they where probably used to tape episodes of <Insert TV program> on

Stuart@retrogamer

Post by Stuart@retrogamer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Just sent you a PM.

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:48 pm

DPrinny wrote:I have the largest known collection of Action max "games"

Three tapes
Dont know if anyone else has more as they where probably used to tape episodes of <Insert TV program> on
that actually made me burst out laughing :-)

i think Harvard Mills shop near me can beat that, they used to have a wall of them

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:10 am

mainvein wrote:
DPrinny wrote:I have the largest known collection of Action max "games"

Three tapes
that actually made me burst out laughing :-)

i think Harvard Mills shop near me can beat that, they used to have a wall of them
"Used to"
If they had any tapes still id want to go there and buy one of each

Dam

Post by Dam » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Can we not have collectors corner back in RG? I used to like that bit.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:18 pm

Dam wrote:Can we not have collectors corner back in RG? I used to like that bit.

That was the best bit in the mag and seeing as 90% + on here these days dont talk about playing retro games anymore just collecting them it seems a good idea.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:32 pm

aztecca wrote:
Dam wrote:Can we not have collectors corner back in RG? I used to like that bit.

That was the best bit in the mag and seeing as 90% + on here these days dont talk about playing retro games anymore just collecting them it seems a good idea.
I featured in collectors corner, issue 77 I think but it was down to half a side then, still glad I got in but doesn't show your full collection though.

Evermore

Post by Evermore » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:40 pm

aztecca wrote:

Interesting point that - there is a lack of discourse on actual retro gameplay round here, now that you mention it.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:11 pm

I'd like to see the return of Collector's Corner, but done a little differently.

Would it not be a little more interesting to profile collectors who don't necessarily have a complete or amazing 'R@RE' collection? Maybe angle the feature more towards the person, rather than how elite their amassed games are? I have 9 Saturns, 182 of the 240 PAL releases, all the official SSM mags and a few other non-official SS mags. I'm also a moderator over at SS:UK (click my sig). My enthusiasm for the machine is boundless, but I don't claim to be a Sega encyclopedia. None of this criteria would have qualified me for a spot in Collector's Corner as it used to be.
Thoughts and prayers.

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:25 pm

rossi46 wrote:I'd like to see the return of Collector's Corner, but done a little differently.

Would it not be a little more interesting to profile collectors who don't necessarily have a complete or amazing 'R@RE' collection? Maybe angle the feature more towards the person, rather than how elite their amassed games are? I have 9 Saturns, 182 of the 240 PAL releases, all the official SSM mags and a few other non-official SS mags. I'm also a moderator over at SS:UK (click my sig). My enthusiasm for the machine is boundless, but I don't claim to be a Sega encyclopedia. None of this criteria would have qualified me for a spot in Collector's Corner as it used to be.
I think it took all sorts on collectors corner, I had no full collection at the time and after nearly five years on the forum clearly have very little knowledge! :D Put your oar in rossi!

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Evermore wrote:
aztecca wrote:

Interesting point that - there is a lack of discourse on actual retro gameplay round here, now that you mention it.
I agree. There are people that almost never seem to play retro games on here. That's fine of course but there is a lot more current discussion than there perhaps should be.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Been saying that for a long time. Hence I why I got involved with RVG. Shame really because there are some great people here.